Post your Speaker setup PICS!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bear with my poo poo picture taking skills

room.jpg

DSC01651smll.jpg

DSC01649smll.jpg

k2xu6c.png

Love it. My desk is a hand me down from my parents, and we had it for like.. 10 years +. I don't really like it, but wahtever. Money is hard to come by.

I figure ill say it just to get it out of the way.

p4gs why is your sub on your desk :p

Why is your sub on your desk?

Nick. I'm going to be blunt here and speak out against you even though I know you are being sarcastic and all. I'm also going to let you off easy because I would have to be anal to search through 30 or so pages of this thread and others to quote you all. Your "sarcastic" posts about the Swans aren't helping to progress the thread, in fact they are starting to get irritating. Even though you acknowledge the fact that it has been accepted and raised many many times that the sub is supposed to be in front of the user and on the desk you always have to redress this issue and bring it back to life.

I'm sorry, but it really gets irritating when ignorant guys like you post only to start up arguments on threads. Some people may take it seriously like me in this instance or not care what so ever, but your posts don't help at all. This is a POST your PICs thread so I'm going to end it short.

Some may have their opinions, but leave those on a "Review of Swans speakers with sub on the desk" thread, not here. Call me a hypocrite or biased or even a sore loser, but the fact is I am a Swans M10 2.1 speaker owner and will defend for myself, I don't care. And maybe I do take offense, since I was one of the first to be called out for that placement that was out of the norm, but I'm pretty sure us Swan owners are happy with the placement which gives us the best sound we can possibly get. Being different is NOT wrong or against the rules here.... Swan users are just getting a lot of heat that is unwanted and unnecessary just like the 5.1 guys that have all 5 speakers in front of them. Let the users do what they want I mean its their OWN setups after all how are we to know if they have their own limitations/restrictions on space/placement? I hope I raised some awareness that will be of some benefit to the community. I now quietly rest my case. I will not post again until I have another PIC of my setup.

Now lets POST SOME PICS shall we?

Nick. I'm going to be blunt here and speak out against you even though I know you are being sarcastic and all. I'm also going to let you off easy because I would have to be anal to search through 30 or so pages of this thread and others to quote you all. Your "sarcastic" posts about the Swans aren't helping to progress the thread, in fact they are starting to get irritating. Even though you acknowledge the fact that it has been accepted and raised many many times that the sub is supposed to be in front of the user and on the desk you always have to redress this issue and bring it back to life.

I'm sorry, but it really gets irritating when ignorant guys like you post only to start up arguments on threads. Some people may take it seriously like me in this instance or not care what so ever, but your posts don't help at all. This is a POST your PICs thread so I'm going to end it short.

Some may have their opinions, but leave those on a "Review of Swans speakers with sub on the desk" thread, not here. Call me a hypocrite or biased or even a sore loser, but the fact is I am a Swans M10 2.1 speaker owner and will defend for myself, I don't care. And maybe I do take offense, since I was one of the first to be called out for that placement that was out of the norm, but I'm pretty sure us Swan owners are happy with the placement which gives us the best sound we can possibly get. Being different is NOT wrong or against the rules here.... Swan users are just getting a lot of heat that is unwanted and unnecessary just like the 5.1 guys that have all 5 speakers in front of them. Let the users do what they want I mean its their OWN setups after all how are we to know if they have their own limitations/restrictions on space/placement? I hope I raised some awareness that will be of some benefit to the community. I now quietly rest my case. I will not post again until I have another PIC of my setup.

I read about one sentence and I have to say... shut up.

*flame response to a very very obvious joke/meme* *potential trolling*
*cover up by saying this is a pics thread*
*lots of bold sentences*

So why dos FinalAura have the sub on his desk?

/seriously, it's a basically a meme for this thread. I'm pretty sure we all know why the sub is on the desk and we all appreciate the kind of product the M10 is.
//just to clarify, I do know why the sub is on the desk and I personally think that the M10s are very nice speakers for desktop applications

hey ghostchild your not a mod so i think you just shut up and learn that a real man keeps there sub on the ground :p

Also your sub sounds like a advertisement for the damn swans, just because u cant jokes u gotta ruin the fun by making that gay sig that just yells your an uptight douche.

Or he put it in his sig because he got tired of explaining it to lurkers 10,000 times.

well if you guys didnt put your subs on your desks like noobs then none of this would be happening.

I read about one sentence and I have to say... shut up.

So why dos FinalAura have the sub on his desk?

/seriously, it's a basically a meme for this thread. I'm pretty sure we all know why the sub is on the desk and we all appreciate the kind of product the M10 is.
//just to clarify, I do know why the sub is on the desk and I personally think that the M10s are very nice speakers for desktop applications

lol i concur

hey ghostchild your not a mod so i think you just shut up and learn that a real man keeps there sub on the ground :p

Also your sub sounds like a advertisement for the damn swans, just because u cant jokes u gotta ruin the fun by making that gay sig that just yells your an uptight douche.

well if you guys didnt put your subs on your desks like noobs then none of this would be happening.

Maybe you guys should read more of his post and understand why the woofer is on the desktop. It is not a subwoofer, get over it and read up on the speakers a little if you cannot understand ghostchild's post. It is designed to be on your desk like he, ghostchild, myself and many others have it.

Maybe you guys should read more of his post and understand why the woofer is on the desktop. It is not a subwoofer, get over it and read up on the speakers a little if you cannot understand ghostchild's post. It is designed to be on your desk like he, ghostchild, myself and many others have it.

Um... Everyone knows why the sub is on the sub is on the desk.. they're just fooling around/ pushing it, and ghostchild's annoyed. End of story.

Stop picking this argument back up, I want to see more pics.
And TBK, is that a z2300 sub I see down there? Did you get that volume knob to work with your monitors somehow, or does it only control the sub?

We all know why its on the desk we just say it to joke around but he cant seem to take a joke.

We all know why its on the desk we just say it to joke around but he cant seem to take a joke.

The problem is, not everyone is joking because many people do not know. Half the time someone stats it as a joke, the next three replies are serious and have no clue, then we spend a page trying to explain it. Next time, try to be helpful and not do it so we do not have to explain it every time. It would be fine if everyone knew the woofer goes on the desk, but not everyone does.

The personal insults and flaming stops, now. You guys can lay off the flaming and personal insults and get back to posting shots of your audio systems, or we can lock the thread and have a couple of folks with "Admin" as their title go through and give out some forum posting vacations of varying degree. Completely up to you guys.

The personal insults and flaming stops, now. You guys can lay off the flaming and personal insults and get back to posting shots of your audio systems, or we can lock the thread and have a couple of folks with "Admin" as their title go through and give out some forum posting vacations of varying degree. Completely up to you guys.
I like the one where we post pics of our setups and dont get bans whos with me?

Placing the so called subs of the desk improves sound quality.

As to why it is very simple,if you understand acoustics just a tiny bit. ;)

Let me explain...

The tiny sats are crossed over to the bass module(the correct name)at a frequency that is quite directional. Also PC speakers often have a gap in frequency response. Placing the bass module on the desk ...middle ,flanked by the small sats will camouflage the shortcomings of these systems.

And if no dip is present "hide" the highish crossover point.

A real subwoofer is capable of 16Hz and under output plus is crossed no higher than 80Hz(max),often in the 40-60Hz range.

Well... The Polk R150s... I don't use them anymore my DT770s have taken them down. I used to think that the Polks were decent with bass, now I either listen to my big system or my DT770s, although I am buying 2 of the cherry floorstanders from Frys.

JamesL... I hooked my speakers up to the Logitech sub just playing around one day... turns out I liked the way it sounded, so I'm using it like this until I can get a good sub for my Onkyo.

wow... that was... intresting.

Guys, i just think that someome can place their speakers and subs however they want...

even like this >.<

ghettosubs.png

yeah, i know they are car subs.. its the best i could find.

BTW... this is a pic.. so, i dont think ill get banned ^_^

My dad had to take back the Elacs, so he set me up with his Quads:

Mmmm.... glossy :)

I should be getting my new speakers (Acoustic Zen Adagios) sometime next week ( probably week after :mad: )

It's given me the chance to try a few speakers though, I prefer the Elacs (shown one or 2 pages back)... but the Quads are awesome and look great.

My room is pretty different from the last time I posted:
p1010004ap7.jpg

p1010026in2.jpg

Pictured is Sony NS755v (SACDmods), av123 XLS, Hercules Game Theater XP, Emotiva BPA-1, Sennheiser hd650, Musical Fidelity X-DAC v2, MisterX M3, Sony mdr7509, CME UF80 controller

Right now I'm using my Klipsch PM4.1 sub with my XLS; I'm looking into getting a budget sub but this one is manageable with EQ for now.

I'm thinking about upgrading to a 22" LCD, Live is way too cramped on my 17"

wow... that was... intresting.

Guys, i just think that someome can place their speakers and subs however they want...

even like this >.<

yeah, i know they are car subs.. its the best i could find.

BTW... this is a pic.. so, i dont think ill get banned ^_^

I'm pretty sure he was warning the people who got angry to stop thread crapping.

agreed. this is a post your picture thread... how does it turn to flameage?

Here is the setup of my friend. He didn't want to bother registering, so I post in his place.

Amps are Onkyo TX-SR602 and TX-8522. CD player is DX-C390.
All the loudspeaker are from Omage, including the 12" Sub under the desk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back