Post your Speaker setup PICS!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, people need to learn about the Swans M10 sub..... read my sig...
Those are the Swan m10 speakers.
HOWEVER, the placement that ghostchild has is CORRECT. While the sub doesn't play past 100hz much, anything above 70-80hz is directional, which means the system sounds best when the subwoofer is placed directly in front of the user. The system isn't meant to play loud; it's meant to play accurately. The subwoofer isn't a subwoofer in the traditional sense of a big box that gets thrown in the corner and blows the roof off. Think of it as just reinforcing the lower octaves. If you don't have the subwoofer on the desk, it sounds like crap.

You got a lot of flack on the other thread for it ghost, but you'll know what I mean when I say that it sounds worse anywhere else.

The M10 sound is incredibly intimate; not designed for 'room parties' or whathaveyou (although it'd do alright). The midwoofer 'needs' to be directly in front of the listener.

I generally like Swan and I understand the M10 is a budget offering but there's no way I'd ever buy one, that design just isn't at all optimum.

Wow, people need to learn about the Swans M10 sub..... read my sig...
Ghost - I actually get a kick out of the reactions to your speaker setup. Maybe you should insert a notation to read your sig before responding about the "improper placement" of your speakers. :p

YES!!! I got the reactions I needed!!!! Swan fanboiz :p
Notice the emoticon noting sarcasm ^_^

I can set my H-100 anywhere and get bass ^_^

That is a woofer, not a subwoofer. Separate woofers in the L/R is much better, but that having been said, that setup will still kill most mass-marketed "computer speakers" in SQ. The Insignia setup is definitely above it though, but also closer to $200 if you want a decent subwoofer. Though not that the M10s come with one either, so I guess that price is an unfair comparison.

I just picked up a pair of Swans M10 for cheap to test them out for a set of "computer speakers," while I wait to get some better items soon.

Got my Dad's old rears for his HT setup for my fronts now. I know, it's a sin to have them hooked up to the Z-5500's but they do sound better. Gotta save for an Onkyo TX-SR505 and an Acoustech H-100 now.

IMG_0398.jpg

Got my Dad's old rears for his HT setup for my fronts now. I know, it's a sin to have them hooked up to the Z-5500's but they do sound better. Gotta save for an Onkyo TX-SR505 and an Acoustech H-100 now.

IMG_0398.jpg

i like your setup... i think we got pretty much the samething going on

Get those on clearance? They're Athena WS-60s. They've got 2 woofers (I forget what size, look like 4"ish) and 4 passive radiators. I think they'd be a lot better if they were all woofers and they were ported, but.... Perhaps not enough volume in the enclosures for that. I'm not sure I like the woofers and PRs being on the same side either. It will definitely cause some cancellation.

Athena WS-60's... Unfortunatelly, no sub right now because a shortage of cash flow since I just bought the speakers this week and the monitor last month. I am trying to find a small sub.

Trying out my Rebel XTi... here are some more artsy pics of my speakers.

IMG_1121.jpg

IMG_1125.jpg

I just gotta say that this system is somewhat just out of this world... I'm enjoying each minute I have with it. In the few years I've been into this stuff, it's a great feeling to finally feel content with one's system. :)

Trying out my Rebel XTi... here are some more artsy pics of my speakers.

I just gotta say that this system is somewhat just out of this world... I'm enjoying each minute I have with it. In the few years I've been into this stuff, it's a great feeling to finally feel content with one's system. :)

second shot looks real nice.. are you doing any photoshop effects on these?

Athena WS-60's... Unfortunatelly, no sub right now because a shortage of cash flow since I just bought the speakers this week and the monitor last month. I am trying to find a small sub.

Why not get the Athena 4100 10" sub for $149?

The only problem with the as-p4100 is that even though its a 10" sub, it's still pretty big. I have one in my living room:

I don't know if I want something that big under my desk and I can't put it anywhere else...

Just messing with my camera....

Rotel & B&W mostly

Rotel RCD-1072
Rotel RMB-1075
Rotel RSP-1069
Oppo DV-981HD (Strictly for SACD & DVD-A)
Solid-Tech Rack of Silence

B&W CM7 x 2
B&W CM1 x 2
B&W CMC
B&W PV1

Richard Gray RGPC 400 Pro

IMG_0722.jpg

IMG_0730.jpg

IMG_0771.jpg

IMG_0767.jpg

IMG_0769.jpg

IMG_0770.jpg

IMG_0749.jpg

IMG_0743.jpg

IMG_0753.jpg

IMG_0758.jpg

IMG_0756.jpg

IMG_0761.jpg

IMG_0766.jpg

stole the 200mm out of my old 900 just to keep the power amp a little cooler until i get a rack

Just FYI, the power amp should be on top there if the pre can support its weight. Convection currently will bring up heat right into the preamp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back