Post your Speaker setup PICS!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got my Dinovo Edge from Amazon for $99 on sale, 2 months ago. Check them every few weeks for more special prices.

Yeah but they don't ship cool stuff to canada. Only the same crap our amazon carries (dvds, music, books)

I thought I'd post an update since I'm back at my parents' house for the summer. The rest of the pictures can be seen here.

00%20(1).jpg

00%20(14).jpg

00%20(3).jpg

00%20(15).jpg

20435774.a1c58b.jpg

20435790.8e521a.jpg

20435814.a27c02.jpg

20435922.4e0765.jpg

so all together i'm running 2xCelestion3's up front 100watt
1xYamaha centre up front 80watt
2xYamaha rear surrounds 80watt
1xAcousticSolutions rear centre 80watt
1xAcousticSolutions sub 200watt
( ^built in amp^ )

and then my happy place where i spend most of my day!
the speakers are panasonics and the amp has been replaced with an eltax 5.1digital 200watt reciever. but like i said in the workstation thread, its all being changed around again soon lol!

19801434.2b97b6.jpg

Actually having all my stuff in my room makes me feel cozier....tube amps are great heaters in winter

It just needs a bit of leg room, and the removal of the 2pac poster. The man could rap with the best of 'em, but I don't need bare breasted men adorning my walls;)

And maybe some wrist-room too.

Reminds me of that guy revving his ferrari by my house....i was muttering fag underneath my breath

sorry for the OT:D

Just curious schapman, which headphone stand are you using?

Got bored and rewired again (also took the desktop out of the room since it generates too much heat in the summer. So I'm rocking the laptop full time and just VNC to the desktop when i need it).

I also really need a new HDTV :p

IMGP1587.jpg

it's a misterX m^3 (and sounds fantastic)

the stand is a $9 tea towel holder I picked up at a department store :p

Is your Lite Dac-AH modded? I've always wanted to compare a Pacific Valve modded one to a stock one.

Is your Lite Dac-AH modded? I've always wanted to compare a Pacific Valve modded one to a stock one.

Mine is straight from Eddy unmodded. Apparently if I use it for speakers I'm supposed to reverse their polarity to make it sound it's best.

sitalchauhan wheres ur center speaker? and isnt the point of 5.1 to have the speakers souround you not just have 5 speakers aimed at u?

My center speaker is just behind my monitor out of sight in the picture. I only just got this new system so havnt set it up properly yet. I am looking for some speaker stands so that I can then get the rear speakers behind me, and I am considering wall-mounting just the center speaker or center and front speakers on the wall above the monitor.

the z-5500 is pretty popular for a sub 600$ surround sound...i wonder how it stacks up to a self picked setup

and i see a modified p180b...performance pc's?

I got my Windowed P180B from KustomPCs (I live in the UK). Absolutely love it, they did and amazing job :)

The Z-5500 compared to my home cinema kit (see sig). My home cinema fills the whole room with sound and it is very easy to distinguish from which direction each sound has come from in surround sound.
The Z-5500 however cannot fill my room with sound, it works best in close range. In close range, the sound is superb and surround sound is amazing. However, if you place the speakers very far away or even try to use the Z-5500 speakers as a home cinema for a whole room, they dont work quite as well.

For using with a PC, I would strongly recommend the Z-5500 speakers, it would be very hard to beat them. However, there are better alternatives if you want to use the Z-5500 as a home cinema for a whole room :)

its hooked up to a PC so i guess it counts ;)

speakers: KRK ST-6's in the front, some JBL's in the rear, im building my center and sub atm...
E5DD9106_web.jpg

that mixer isnt there anymore, my htpc and a samsung dvd player sit there now :)

the good stuff:
IMG_0799.jpg

saw that pic of the DEQ's a while back.. which caused me to get one for myself. Thanks a lot.. my wallet hates you though. :D

I thought I'd update my speaker setup. I recently added a JBL Venue 10" 200 watt sub. I was going to get an X-series sub from AV123, but I found the JBL on sale through Amazon for $125 shipped. After a couple of weeks with this JBL I gotta say I'm pretty impressed. It blends well with my X-LS bookshelves to produce a really good soundfield for music and games. I'm now finished tinkering with my PC audio system and anxiously await my new PC. :D

Nice Yamaha sign Mr. Wolf, where did you pick it up? That new sub looks pretty badass too and 125 is just crazy :eek: Hope your enjoying you setup!

Nice Yamaha sign Mr. Wolf, where did you pick it up? That new sub looks pretty badass too and 125 is just crazy :eek: Hope your enjoying you setup!

Ebay, of course! I've got a similar green Nvidia sign that I haven't mounted, yet. They're from Hong Kong, so it takes about 8-10 days to ship. The signs are well-made of rock hard acrylic and aluminum. I paid $28 for each sign ($0.99 + $27 shipping). Ebay has all kinds these signs for sports, electronics, beer, etc.

I got way lucky on that sub. I was browsing Amazon when I saw it listed as one of those "add it to your cart to see the real price" sales. I clicked on it and saw that there were only 2 left at $125, so I snatched it. :D

is that a hp monitor? what you had before, is the hp better? they sure look nice.

Yeah it's a HP, I have used an Acer 20 inch and a 26 Inch Samsung HDTV. It was only £140 after cash back quite a while ago and the stand is excellent. Image quality is pretty good but it is still a TN panel so viewing angles aren't brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back