Post your Speaker setup PICS!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
modd said:
As the thread suggest i have recently become interested in setting up an audio set-up that make even the most audio crazy folks wet their phants.

I need ideas!
I need photos!

So let the boasting begin! And show me some hardcore audio set-up!

Post images of your audio set up and if you like add an explaination below!

How about you check to make sure there is not already an existing thread before you post a new one?

i have the following on the way to my dorm as i type. i will post pics when it all gets here!

Denon AVR485S Receiver
2x ELT LRS Satellites
all the cables / adapters / wires

this will all be hooked up to the system in my sig. then whenever i get an apartment i will set it up as the home theater insted of just computer audio.

my new rigged up speaker stands to make room for my 2405. :D

DSC00409.jpg

DSC00446.JPG

mutazx said:
You're everywhere ;) Again, good job dude :)

your telling me.. it get's confusing on which ones to post to with all these overlapping "post your... audio setup/workstation/speaker/lcd setup" threads. lol

yes, my bedroom is tiny (at least it seems that way since i have that damn hand-me-down queen bed / dresser set), and yes, i like to shake the house with my movies/music

Denon avr-485 6.1 receiver (top shelf of desk)
2x hitachi speakers with 8" woofers(front left and right when facing TV)
2x Polk audio r-15 bookshelf speakers (back left and right when facing TV)
2x RCA one way speakers (centers)
1x Sub woofer from old set of z-560 speakers (under desk)

the TV is a 40" Samsung Tantus DLP that is HD-Ready
IMG_1389.JPG

img_1321.jpg

This equipment is older than I am and the only time I use it is when im having a lan at my house. Sadly i do not own this as it is my dads but lemme tell you...you can feel a shotgun blast when playin css.

Bose 901 Series IV with a Yamaha 900watt amp :D

I'll post mine when I move, since it's really messy right now.. old pioneer receiver, 2 yamaha 3 way bookshelfs, samsung dvd player, creative SMS 5.1 for the computer.

i still dont get how you guys canhook up your computers to a reciever to run with the home theater speakers :confused: . i have a Denon AVR-2105 in the living room with Infinity Primus 250 towers, PS-8 (100watts :( ) sub, primus 140 surround speakers and a primus c25 center.

ati_azn said:
i still dont get how you guys canhook up your computers to a reciever to run with the home theater speakers :confused: . i have a Denon AVR-2105 in the living room with Infinity Primus 250 towers, PS-8 (100watts :( ) sub, primus 140 surround speakers and a primus c25 center.

well, what sound card do you have?

ati_azn said:
im either getting a audigy 2 zs from cretives ebay store or the audigy 2 value from newegg.

get the HDA mystique and then a coaxial cable. then you can connect to your computer easily, with much much better results than anything creative has! Trust me, i've tried each.

Up front, the HDA may seem a bit more expensive, but you save all that money when you buy cables to connect it to your recever. the HDA only needs 1 cable for surround sound in every application, while the audigy needs lots of cables and adapters. plus, the HDA has better sound as well.

Please take my advice and get the HDA card :D

bjornb17 said:
get the HDA mystique and then a coaxial cable. then you can connect to your computer easily, with much much better results than anything creative has! Trust me, i've tried each.

Up front, the HDA may seem a bit more expensive, but you save all that money when you buy cables to connect it to your recever. the HDA only needs 1 cable for surround sound in every application, while the audigy needs lots of cables and adapters. plus, the HDA has better sound as well.

Please take my advice and get the HDA card :D

yes. I agree. I just got one to replace my Audigy2. I love seeing my DD light shine on my external decoder. :)

Man that is some nice organization skillz magnetik... for such a small desk..I got a smaller one heh..

[size=1.3]by the way I am interested in buying an HT setup and decided on the receiver which is an Onkyo TXSR602(if you got suggestions which is better than this receiver that won't go over $500 I welcome them) ... all I need is some site to browse for F/ left right center speakers(rears maybe later) and some recommendations from experienced HT users at [H] and yeh I would like to check out online sellers with Denon.. I don't know if they are better than Onkyo I'll edit this post when I get a lil response in PM or even here in the thread Thank you[/size]

fibroptikl said:
Pretty much, until I build a new room.
dont people have some weird reactions when they are exposed to those kind of insulator things? your going to have lung cancer man! :p

j/k

ati_azn said:
dont people have some weird reactions when they are exposed to those kind of insulator things? your going to have lung cancer man! :p

j/k
No, I won't get lung cancer. I'd have to be close to insulation working with it for 30 years. It's all covered by plastic and I'm not gonna be around it for much longer.

IMG_1212.jpg

is kinda the only pic of my setup right now, i'll take more when i get around to it.

2 TLS 5's (PA Speakers)
5.1 Cambridge Sound works
10" PA sub behind my bed (not pictured)
2 bookshelf speakers (not pictured)
Denon AVR 1905 (7.1 surround sound receiver)
Stanton STR 880x (Direct Drive turn table)

That's a 2405FP from Dell, I think. They're quite nice, and his definitely matches all his other black/gray stuff. It looks better there than a white one would. That and the Apple displays cost around $3000, but people have gotten the Dell for as low as $849, and it retails for $1199. They're nice. I wish I had one. :D

fibroptikl said:
No, I won't get lung cancer. I'd have to be close to insulation working with it for 30 years. It's all covered by plastic and I'm not gonna be around it for much longer.

it doesnt take nearly that long

My rear speakers are Advent 1008 and my axes. These sound great though not Audiophile quality or anything.

Square Room and not pictured is a Pioneer VSX-D711 AC3 Receiver. Paid $139 at Circuit City, New but on a Clearance sale. They (CC) moved to the x12 and then to 14 and 15's since. I almost bought an 815 model.

VSX-D711 Specs
VSX-D711 reviews

Donnie27

I looked at it a few days ago. don't ask me though why its not a stickey

It was unstuck because it went three weeks without a single veiw.

Anymore silly questions we shouldn't ask you?

Mister X said:
It was unstuck because it went three weeks without a single veiw.

Anymore silly questions we shouldn't ask you?

Older Mark 12's sold the Rolands.

Donnie27

room9kn.jpg

My current setup.

My HK reciver is coming, and I'll get my Athenas up when it arrives and post an update :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back