Post your Speaker setup PICS!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow.... That's one of the nicest setups I have ever seen. At least astheticly. Very nice.

:) I can't wait to update it with a widescreen eventually. lol.

[..::magnetik::..]

TopDog said:
Are those Alesis active or are you running them from an amp?
and how much?

no.. they are passive.. I run them with the amp up above.. You can find the monitor 1's on ebay for about $200. You can get a pair of monitor 2's for about $350.

magnetik said:
no.. they are passive.. I run them with the amp up above.. You can find the monitor 1's on ebay for about $200. You can get a pair of monitor 2's for about $350.

Nice, yeh I should of guessed with it sitting up top.

€ÜRØTRŧH said:
How do I post the pic instead of a Hyperlink? Sorry I'm new and thanx in advance.
http://img66.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img66&image=DSC00249.jpg

Speakers are 12" Sonys 275 Watt Max. through 500 Watt Pioneer amp (5X100)

upload_259187.jpg

Also pictured Pioneer, Tape Deck, CD Changer & EQ. (All old skool but they still pump)
Sony PS2 via RGB, Sega Dreamcast,
15" AMD Athlon 2400+ 448MB Ram 60GB HD Connected to WWW via 802.11g ATi Radeon IGP 320M
Connected to Pioneer AMP & EQ through RCA
+ Connected to Samsung Dynaflat 24" via S-Video.

upload_259202.jpg

draconius said:
What is that really slim awesome looking keyboard? I love it!

it's a Logitech diNovo. It uses the bluetooth base that comes with the Logitech MX900 mouse. (same as the MX700 except bluetooth) it comes with a smaller number pad with an lcd. You can make a few different things pop up on the LCD.. for example.. I can sit on the couch and read instant messages and see when people pop on. It can also be used as a media pad.. I can play, ff, rr, skip mp3's etc straight from the pad.

here's more info on it.

http://www.fastlanehw.com/reviews.php?i=83&page=3
http://reviews.designtechnica.com/review1767.html

it was a little pricey when it came out (about $225-250! for the mouse and keyboard) but I found it online for about $125 for both.

magnetik...

you don't know how happy that makes me to find that!!!
I have been looking for a keyboard that is wireless and sleek and visually pleasing for over a year! I saw that in your pics and had to know what it was.

Anyways, I bought one (at a similar price even :D) and will be getting it in a week or so....and when I get back to college and get it setup, I will post back pics!

but yeah, just a cool thanks for having it and pointing me to links :D :)

I just bought the Klipsch Ultra 5.1 this weekend.. I don't have the surrounds hooked up yet, i'm awaiting on parts for my new PC (notice crappy 700Mhz Inspiron 8000 in background) so I can really hear what these speakers can do. They will hopefully hold me off for a while until I can get a set of Infinity Alpha's or Paridigm towers and surrounds and a nice receiver for my PC. :)

The cans pictured are well used Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro's. I desperately need an amp, as my 250 ohm 'phones really dull the output of a soundcard. :(

Anyhoo, here is the pic:

PC%20Setup.jpg

And if you try to steal any of my Supra models or my headphones, you'll have to get through these first! :D

Guardians.jpg

I hope you're using cartridges, not just bullets :p . Its hard to hurt anyone with just bullets and a gun.

thats one scary cat

heres mine-

cyrus 6
cyrus CD6
sony 5 disc CD (on ebay if anyone wants it)
NAD PP1 phono stage
Omnitronic DD2250
Mission 702e speakers
DAB radio somewhere under the mess.

hocd.jpg

DSCN9982.JPG

H/K AVR430
Fronts - Pinnacle BDC 1200
center - Pinnacle BDC 300
sub - Pinnacle BabyBoomer
x-box with halo 2, ps2 with GTA:SA, gamecube with donkey konga, and most importantly an Atari 7800 with Joust
rears are old crap speakers right now, thinking of getting 4 axiom QS4's for side and rear for 7.1
tv will be upgraded as soon as i can afford it, or my until my boss upgrades his, gives the old one to me and puts it on my parts tab... thats how i got all the other nice stuff.

DSCN9983.JPG

my old sony receiver... crap front speakers, klh center and sub... got some klh 1230's sitting in a corner doing nothing right now. the little wooden box in the middle is my "htpc"... right now its just a tiny fileserver that i watch divx on the tv with.

i forgot the coolest part of my setup, my Logitch Harmony Remote... i love it... it controls everything, i even have a ir receiver run over cat5 to my pc in my bedroom set up to play music and divx on the system. i press one button on the remote and it turns all the components on, sets them to the proper input, changes the output of my pc to the tv and starts itunes or wmp... badass :D

foolish said:
DSCN9982.JPG

H/K AVR430
Fronts - Pinnacle BDC 1200
center - Pinnacle BDC 300
sub - Pinnacle BabyBoomer
x-box with halo 2, ps2 with GTA:SA, gamecube with donkey konga, and most importantly an Atari 7800 with Joust
rears are old crap speakers right now, thinking of getting 4 axiom QS4's for side and rear for 7.1
tv will be upgraded as soon as i can afford it, or my until my boss upgrades his, gives the old one to me and puts it on my parts tab... thats how i got all the other nice stuff.

DSCN9983.JPG

my old sony receiver... crap front speakers, klh center and sub... got some klh 1230's sitting in a corner doing nothing right now. the little wooden box in the middle is my "htpc"... right now its just a tiny fileserver that i watch divx on the tv with.

Foolish, what do you think of the HK AVR430 receiver? I have the AVR130 and its pretty badass :D

what u guys using to host ur images from? my website is jacked right now, otherwise id post mine :(

My new setup
Alesis M1 Active MK2 Studio Monitors.
They were sitting on the desk while I tried them out.
m1-4.jpg

This shows you how I truly love my speakers, I use them as a cookie stand. My real listening is done through my cans.

s.JPG

TheMostWantedPolishTwin said:
heh.. you're right.. didn't notice that.. :p

each speaker has 2 amps in it, 25w to the tweeter and 75w to the woofer..
I am very impressed with the clarity and sound pressure these put out, they sound like much larger speakers.

WS6 said:
each speaker has 2 amps in it, 25w to the tweeter and 75w to the woofer..
I am very impressed with the clarity and sound pressure these put out, they sound like much larger speakers.

awesome.. I got some non-powered alesis mk1's "originals" and I love them to listen to music. games kick major ass too.

here's a pic of my Alesis' in my rig.

http://txraves.org/~magnetik/pictures/pcpix/pc062904/terratec.html

now if I can find some discontinued Monitor Two's (far fields) in good condition I will be set.

magnetik said:
awesome.. I got some non-powered alesis mk1's "originals" and I love them to listen to music. games kick major ass too.

here's a pic of my Alesis' in my rig.

http://txraves.org/~magnetik/pictures/pcpix/pc062904/terratec.html

now if I can find some discontinued Monitor Two's (far fields) in good condition I will be set.

That is a sweet setup you have there.
I am assuming that the M3PO unit under the monitor is an amp/cd player.

WS6 said:
That is a sweet setup you have there.
I am assuming that the M3PO unit under the monitor is an amp/cd player.

thx. the m3po is a mp3 cd/hd player. With the m3po.. you can jam in a hd and dump the mp3's to the hd from the cd. I got a 250gb drive in there now. The reason I like it so much is that it can read ID tags which most dvd/cd players that can read mp3's can't. I also have a rack mount kit for it and it's nice brushed aluminum and has a remote.

All 3 of my car MP3 players read the ID tags, an Alpine, Premier, and a JVC.
How much is that M3PO?

Oh, and I cleaned up my desk and put the speakers up,
editor.jpg

desk12.jpg

WS6 said:
All 3 of my car MP3 players read the ID tags, an Alpine, Premier, and a JVC.
How much is that M3PO?

Oh, and I cleaned up my desk and put the speakers up,

Nice.. have you broken the alesis in yet? I got the m3po for $199 on clearance.. List was $799 when it came out.. which was back in 2000 I think. My car mp3 players also showed id tags.. I meant home cd/dvd players tho.. The only thing I didn't like about my Alpine was that it took forever to fast forward through long mixes. (but that was a few years ago)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back