Post your Speaker setup PICS!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My new axioms for my bedroom stereo... receiver is off to the left

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

placement isn't perfect, but it's all i can really do right now... although if i sit about in the center of my room and face them the soundstage is still very good.

living room is a h/k receiver, velodyne sub and polk speakers... very happy with it as a HT setup

emorphien said:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

placement isn't perfect, but it's all i can really do right now... although if i sit about in the center of my room and face them the soundstage is still very good.

living room is a h/k receiver, velodyne sub and polk speakers... very happy with it as a HT setup

Wow, its like deja vu. That corner of your room looks exactly like my corner of my room minus the stereo equipment and some of the other stuff. I have the same exact door and CD rack haha. Even the light switch is placed exactly where my light switch is.

emorphien said:

How are those Axioms, and which ones are they? I could possibly use another set of speakers for downstairs, and I'm open to trying something other than Onix. How would you characterize their sound? My ref2's are pretty bright, but I really like them that way. They are definitely brighter than the Rocket RS750's I've heard before. My friend has a Klipsch setup, but he didn't bring it back up to school with him, so I can't really compare it directly to them, but I remember that I think mine are at least as bright, but certainly cleaner sound [then again, ref2's cost more than his whole 5.1setup and receiver]

They're the M3Tis and they're worth well more than the price IMO. The design is cool, and the lack of a crossover is also interesting to a dork like me. anyway

They are very smooth, but the bass still can attack when called for, much better than I had expected. The midrange is very smooth, and more natural than I'd expect and the highs are detailed but not too strong and not fatiguing. I find them well balanced overall. They sound great listening to some vinyl I've got like Pink Floyds Dark Side of the Moon, not sure if that makes sense but they've got a great ambiance that matches some records that a lot of CDs lose.

The transparence and the soundstage they create are great, they put you right in the music, and are smooth enough without much coloration that you can forget you're listening to them. Other than the sound quality, the build quality is great, very solid and the veneer is as well done as I had read about. At first I found the trapezoid shape weird but its grown on me.

All comments obviously biased somewhat by the price :D, I think these things are a steal. The sound will depend on your source and room dynamics of course but they just sound great in my room.

BO(V)BZ said:
How are those Axioms, and which ones are they? I could possibly use another set of speakers for downstairs, and I'm open to trying something other than Onix. How would you characterize their sound? My ref2's are pretty bright, but I really like them that way. They are definitely brighter than the Rocket RS750's I've heard before. My friend has a Klipsch setup, but he didn't bring it back up to school with him, so I can't really compare it directly to them, but I remember that I think mine are at least as bright, but certainly cleaner sound [then again, ref2's cost more than his whole 5.1setup and receiver]

Of the entire Axiom line the M3Ti's are probably the least 'bright' but the entire line is pretty forward, a lot like Klipsch, so odds are you'll like them. You also might want to check out Ascend 170's or 340's.

Bugalaman said:
Is that a KSW-10 or 12?
nice setup. I really love my Synergy home theater

KSW-10. I think 12 would have been overkill for my room :D

Which Synergy's do you have?

Heres a pic of my setup.... I got an n-gage for all my mp3 needs (128mb memory in it... wish i had an ipod tho : /) a 5 disc samsung dvd changer, 2 yamaha 3 way bookshelf speekers, and a really old pioneer reciever. A ps2, and an APEX 24 inch flat screen TV (its okay.. not as good as those 5000 dollar sony tvs) I need a sub that will plug into a stereo reciever, whats a really good sub for under 120 ? and also whats a good reciever for 2.1 and 5.1 and everywhere in between?
IMGP1332.jpg

Holy crap! I have the Z-640's and never noticed you could rotate the metal bases on them. I have been having to pull my rear speakers out from under my bed everytime I want to hear them, and putting them on my pillow and the foot of my bed. NOW I CAN JUST HAMMER THEM INTO THE WALL.....
this is good news....Thanks for that pic with the rear speakers over the doorway. Best thing I have learned all day. Guess I should have looked at them a little closer. I had this plan to build stands for them out of rebar or something. Hopefully my roommates doesn't get mad at me for putting nails in the wall (he just bought this house)
Kyle B.

setup1.jpg

Denon 2805 7.1 amp powering 2 floor standing Acoustic Energy EVO 3s, an EVO centre, EVO sub, EVO1s for left right surround and 2 old sony speakers for rear surround.

8foot screen powered by a panasonic ptae500 vid projector.

pez

Only two speakers are visible, but here is my home setup with Klipsch Promedia 4.1s. The Sennheiser HD250pro headphones are to avoid aggravating Mrs CJan :)

RAID.JPG

nice projector setup, but isnt it a little anti-climatic having all that nice stuff with just a sketchy little table and chair in the middle of the room>? you need some leather recliners!

Toshiba SD-3950/AV-710 -> PPA via MisterX -> HD580's w/ Headphile cables

Speakers are crappy Inspire 5200's. I had the Ultra's but sold them to fuel my headphone hobby.

P1010001.jpg

P1010188.jpg

Alright, here's our setup. First picture is our plasma and our "mantle" design equipment area. Yeah, they generate a lot of heat. You can also see a bit of my dad's guitar and DVD collection in this pic.

system1.jpg

Next pic is a closeup of the equipment.

system2.jpg

Pic of B&W satelltie speaker. We have 3 in the ceiling for 6.1.

system3.jpg

After we put everything together we had Crestron engineers design a computer system and program a remote to control all of it.

system4.jpg

Pic of the DSS page.

system5.jpg

More guitars and Fender Tube Amp.

system6.jpg

Crestron touch screens in each room. We have speakers in each room so we can listen to anything from the CD changers or anything else in the system in any room.

system7.jpg

Pic of the main menu.

system8.jpg

Horrible pic of the CD jukebox menu.

system9.jpg

Horrible blurry pic of the rest of the room.

system10.jpg

Sorry for the pic quality. Took them quickly and I don't have the steadiest of hands.

:eek: :eek: :eek: wow got enough recievers amps cd changers and dvd players? can u provide a list of everything in that beast? how much did it cost for all that equipment? damn thats a lot of shit... looks like you have 2 of everything :rolleyes:

I don't know everything offhand... my dad designed the system.

At our old house he designed another kickass system and then sold the setup for like 150k+ or something. Hes nuts.

Speaking of which I forgot to take a pic of all the recievers... BRB.

Here are the recievers. Another shitty pic cause my cam is broken and I don't know how to use this one;

recievers.jpg

:eek: :eek: :eek:
dude thats nuts. why not just turn the music in one room all the way up? or is your house huge? Seems like a waste of money, but its kinda cool.

The crestron controllers requires individual recievers I think. Either way, my dad wanted it so that you could listen to a DVD in one room, the radio in another, etc. In retrospect he thinks it was a waste too because they make recievers that can handle more than one thing now.

Our house isn't huge... we live in a Condo.

You should take a look at the Denon 5805 [I think that's the number]

That receiver can power 16 channels, in any arrangement of rooms =]

GaleForce: I am gonna go out on a limb here and suggest that 11, 60 meg pictures of your fathers system might be overdoing it just a tad here.
Care to resize them so they will load sometime in the next week?
Besides crummy picts always look better when they are smaller. ;)

I resized them don't get your panties in a bunch. :)

Its certainally smaller than 6mb though.

Alright got the list together for you guys;

Pioneer Plasma (dunno model, I'll look later)
Pioneer DVL-919 LD/DVD Player Combo
2x Sony CDP-CX400 400 CD Changers
Escient TuneBase Pro MK-II (categorizes CDs with art, track lists, etc)
RCA HDTV Digital Reciever
Sony Digital Satelite Reciever/Recorder SAT-160 (aka TIVO)
Dual CS5000 (record player)
Niles IPC-12 Intelligent Power Control System
Denon DVM-4500 5 DVD Changer
Mitsubishi HS-U795 VCR (dunno why, don't ask)
Denon AVR-5800
Sony DHG-M55CV Digital Cable Box
Crestron CNMSX-PRO (computer which controls whole system)
Crestron 2 way RF gateway
KEF Reference Series Towers (don't know model, sorry)
KEF Center Channel (again, don't know model)
Velodyne Subwoofer (don't know model)
3x B&W satellites (don't know model again :()
Crestron STX-1550C (color touch screen remote)

I don't know the cables, amps, and that kinda stuff. Thats all in the area behind the system and I didn't check it out, sorry. If you want I can go look.

For the rest of the house;

7x Sony STR-DE135 Recievers
2x Niles Speakers in garage (mounted to upper wall)
2x Unknown Speakers in laundry room (cieling)
2x Unknown Speakers in living room (cieling)
2x Unknown Speakers in kitchen (cieling)
2x B&W (I believe so) Speakers in Master Bedroom (cieling)
2x Unknown Speakers in Master Bathroom (cieling, 1 in shower I think) (didn't get a chance to look, was in use :eek: )
2x JBL Towers (Model L112, old but good) in loft
2x Unknown Speakers out on deck (its cold out so I didn't check, guessing Niles, mounted to house)
6x Crestron Color Touch Screens (wall mounted)
-1x for laundry room/garage
-1x for kitchen/living room
-1x for deck
-1x for master bedroom
-1x for master bathroom
-1x for loft

I think that covers most everything. Was more time consuming than I thought it would be. Anyway I'll answer any questions I can, take any pics if you want me to, and get any model numbers I missed if requested. Thanks for taking a look.

mangoldm said:
You can just see the left-front and center sats here.
IMG_0217.jpg

You can see the left-rear sat here.
IMG_0215.jpg

Here's a pic of the screen without the flash washout.
IMG_0224.jpg

I'm going to move in with you. I'm a hard worker. I'll tend the garden and the pool. (I'm sure you have a pool) :p

Nice setup, very nice.

hahaha good Gawd mangoldm that is awesome. And notice, its designed for just one person. Do not welcome distracting visitors to sit down, lol ! Perfect, mwuahahahahaha!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back