Post your Speaker setup PICS!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to mention that (unless he is listening to DVD-A or SACDs, no audio streams are encoded in 5.1 so the extra 3 speakers would be superfluous. They would only serve to discolor the sound, ruin the soundstage, and clutter the room up :)

Damned that is sooooo true.

The 5.1 (surround sound) setup part is there when I do watch movies or play DVD-audio discs. I own one and hope one getting another one soon.

Well it's interesting about the loudness situation. By far, the loudest thing is the M&K subwoofer. First day I was here and the neighbors were here to see it, I played it as loud as it'd go and the RA (Residence Advisor) who was about 30 rooms down the hallway came rushing over and told me to never do that again. The bass really carries VERY far. I keep a lid on it most of the time. Between I believe it's 10 AM and 7 PM everybody I can play the system with the door closed as long as they can't hear it 3 doors down in their room with their door closed. That gives me lots of leeway to be honest.

I should also mention that at one point I've been accused of running stereo speakers on my Marantz 7.1 receiver and telling me it was a waste. So I figure I might as well try and make use of it. I'd have two other speakers hooked up right not to be honest but my roommate doesn't want the speakers sitting on his bed :p.

And when I listen to stereo CD's, I put the Marantz in two different modes:

1. "Pure Direct" which is only to the two bookshelves. No subwoofer, no surround sound, only 2.0. I use this mode the most.

2. "Auto" which detects the CD's are in stereo and it plays it in 2.1 and relieves the speakers a bit and gives the subwoofer a job to do. I use this mode the 2nd most.

NEVER do I listen to music in DTS: Neo 6 Music or Dolby Pro Logic Music ever. I used to do that about a year and a half ago but since then, I prefer the stereo sound of stereo things.

I'm trying to get hold of the Beatles' "Love" DVD-Audio disc which my dad owns. It's in 5.1 and I'd like to try it out on my system. So far I can only play the basic CD of it. I've got my eyes peeled...

Talk to you guys later and I hope I didn't offened anyone.

PS After I did set up the speakers like this, all my neighbors were over here listening to music with me and took their iPods and we were like having a mini like one hour party lol.

Ryan

The 5.1 (surround sound) setup part is there when I do watch movies or play DVD-audio discs. I own one and hope one getting another one soon.

I should also mention that at one point I've been accused of running stereo speakers on my Marantz 7.1 receiver and telling me it was a waste. So I figure I might as well try and make use of it. I'd have two other speakers hooked up right not to be honest but my roommate doesn't want the speakers sitting on his bed :p.

NEVER do I listen to music in DTS: Neo 6 Music or Dolby Pro Logic Music ever. I used to do that about a year and a half ago but since then, I prefer the stereo sound of stereo things.

No way I'd think you'd misuse your system (set up wise). Anyway, Merantz holds a sweet spot in my memories since being in the Army almost 30 years ago and having Merantz Quadraphonic Receiver and 4 track Reel to Reel and get this, 8-Track LOL! I still have a partially working H/K 730 Dual Amp receiver.

Ryan,

Nice setup! Love the way you went ahead and gotten that true 2ch feel for your setup! Great job and I'm sure it sounds great!

As far as how the people in the dorms feel.... lol.... I'm about to get a Velodyne DD sub into my place.... we'll see how they feel now, if the Summits and Mini combination wasnt enough!

No way I'd think you'd misuse your system (set up wise). Anyway, Merantz holds a sweet spot in my memories since being in the Army almost 30 years ago and having Merantz Quadraphonic Receiver and 4 track Reel to Reel and get this, 8-Track LOL! I still have a partially working H/K 730 Dual Amp receiver.

those old marantz quad amps are sweet, so much power.

those old marantz quad amps are sweet, so much power.

Was very nice indeed. I heard many while in Germany (U.S. Army). I was an Audio Club Rat, I heard many of the best B&O, Klipsch, Phase Linear and others had to off. Too bad the old Electro Voice didn't survive the BIC sucks.

Was very nice indeed. I heard many while in Germany (U.S. Army). I was an Audio Club Rat, I heard many of the best B&O, Klipsch, Phase Linear and others had to off. Too bad the old Electro Voice didn't survive the BIC sucks.

A friend of my Dad's (his barber and high school friend) has a Phase Linear amp and pre amp back from the good old days. I went and saw them one day. He doesn't have them hooked up yet!!!

A friend of my Dad's (his barber and high school friend) has a Phase Linear amp and pre amp back from the good old days. I went and saw them one day. He doesn't have them hooked up yet!!!

I still have my old Phase Linear Noise Reduction Range Expansion Unit:) It has a little Damage from a lighting strike. Series II was very nice, so clean it was just unreal. Many guys went with Sansui. Because they were too use to noise.

pic.php
[/URL][/IMG]

speaking of phase linear, I was very close to buying an old phase linear power amp with these sweet 3" analog VU's on the front, big 'ol 300w amp.... its still available but I can't afford it

I get very good sound in games and movies from this setup. The surrounds have light sticky tape on them so that they don't move, but it's easy to rotate them when I watch movies on the couch. I also pull the surrounds forward about another foot and a half since their platforms slide free under the desk. I'm thiking about mounting them onto yardsticks or something so that I can slide them out even further. For movies I also pull the LCD forward a couple feet and sit it on a stool, so that I am only about eight feet from the screen while on the couch. I have all the cables set up tangle-free so that I can do this without changing any connections or dealing with the cables.

Speakers:
speakers.jpg

X-fi front panel:
frontpanel.jpg

Left:
left.jpg

Front:
mid.jpg

Right:
right.jpg

I really do keep it this clean at pretty much all times. I windex the desk surface, clean my mouse feet, and air dust the keyboard every couple days. I'm extremely organized and meticulous. I put nothing on display... If something is visible it's because I've stowed it nearby, to be handy for when I need it. Any files that are not current, game discs I'm not using, filled sketchbooks, etc... come off the visible shelves and get filed away.

I stealth things like volume controls, phone chargers, and mouse battery charging stations by mounting them on the underside of desks and the back of my LCD.

I also make good use of the bookshelves just outside the pics, which is where I keep software, printing supplies, DVDs, books, etc..

You sound like me lol. I'm still learning about stealth-ing cables and such around my desk, but like you, I like to file things away.

I'll finally be joining you guys as soon as our new house is finished getting built and I get to move out of my yellow room into a sexy proffesional looking red room :D I cant wait to have everything organized, my room is killing me how it is now!

ballpoint, you have, by far, one of the smallest speakers I have ever seen.
I sware, I think I have headphone drivers that are larger!

FullMonty35, should be interesting to see how it turns out!

That's the first thing I noticed about his computer, I was scrolling down, I saw the sexy monitor, then the sexy case, then I saw the speakers and I had a bit of a wtf :confused: moment. They may not be huge, but they still surround him and they really help keep the image of his desk. He does seem to have some decent looking headphones on one of the shelves though

That's the first thing I noticed about his computer, I was scrolling down, I saw the sexy monitor, then the sexy case, then I saw the speakers and I had a bit of a wtf :confused: moment. They may not be huge, but they still surround him and they really help keep the image of his desk. He does seem to have some decent looking headphones on one of the shelves though

If I'm not mistaken, they're JVC headphones, and they are quite good. They can get a little uncomfortable though after wearing them for a long time at once.

Look to be Icemat's of some sort to me.
:(

They are JVC HA-G55. Decent quality, but yes they are not real comfortable for more than an hour or two.

And my speakers are small, but to my ear sound better than just about any other computer sound system I've heard. They are all about 1.5 feet from my ear in listening position, so I don't need THX certified, room-shattering volume. I also live in an apartment so I can't even fully exploit this system. I have to really minimize the bass on the subwoofer, from the Creative Inspire 5300 set.... made of wood at least. Once I buy my own house later this year, I'll definitely be using some high end digital speakers for the computer room, as I enjoy 3D positional audio just as much as I do the latest realtime 3D graphics.

I have two pairs of the speaker, I still need a centre speaker and a sub, my setup is still not complete yet.

I get very good sound in games and movies from this setup. The surrounds have light sticky tape on them so that they don't move, but it's easy to rotate them when I watch movies on the couch. I also pull the surrounds forward about another foot and a half since their platforms slide free under the desk. I'm thiking about mounting them onto yardsticks or something so that I can slide them out even further. For movies I also pull the LCD forward a couple feet and sit it on a stool, so that I am only about eight feet from the screen while on the couch. I have all the cables set up tangle-free so that I can do this without changing any connections or dealing with the cables.

Right:
right.jpg

Wavemaster FTW. Industrial design (at least in relation to PCs) reached it's zenith with the Wavemaster.

I have two pairs of the speaker, I still need a centre speaker and a sub, my setup is still not complete yet.

How is the g25? does the shifter feel lifelike? how is the clutch response when using the shifter? does it actually fell and have to be used like a real car?

Can't compare the shifter with a real car but I think that it is close enough for me. I like the wheel and the pedal, the weight and force is realistic. The shifter needs more weight to be more realistic.

the picture is a little big. i mean, think about the people with little screens:D

anyway. nice setup. but wouldn't that right speaker sound better if it wasn't behind the monitor?

Not as impressive perhaps as some of the huge monoblock amps and such I see but it still makes me smile everytime I hear it.

ht1.jpg