audio1.JPG

woofer
audio2.JPG

overal setup
audio9.JPG

tv setup: logitec x-210
audio3.JPG

for music listening:

Harman Kardon amp and cd player, Pioneer cd-r and tape, Dual lp player, Elac el51s speakers, Elac 120 active sub.

audio4.JPG

audio6.JPG

audio7.JPG

music setup in my shop:
Rig no3 from sig is supplying all my saved cd's to a 70's Tandberg TR220 reciever, tape , lp combo with two Elac 101s speakers.

audio11.JPG

audio12.JPG

aah creative! i hope you have better luck with their speakers than i did. I got a set of i-trigue 2200's and they crackled and popped like none other. They also had extreme static while i adjusted the volume. good luck!

My crowded desktop which now includes my new Onix X-LS piano rosewood bookshelf speakers. These beasties are stunningly good! For the $$, it'd be tough to find a better pair of speakers. Yes, I'm well aware of the cable jungle. I'm picking up a second Jerker desk, in a few days, and will re-organize everything once I have the expanded desk space.

Mr Wolf,

Nice speakers! You should move your receiver to the floor... make more room on your table.

Love AV123. I have their Minis for my PC.

P-Pig,

Thanks for the props! :D I'm a new member of the AV123 family. Your Minis are an amazing set of speakers.

I had my receiver on the floor, but kept bumping it with my feet or chair. I'll move it to my second desk as soon as I put it together.

Dragonforce is awsome. also, where can i pick up some of those insignias new? ive searched it seems like every where and no one has them other than ebay.

Insignia is Best Buy house brand. I however would not recommend buying them at their $70 retail price. $100 or so would find you a much nicer pair of Polk RT25i or Polk RT35i. From personal exeprience (i own the Polk RT25i), the Insignias lack a considerable amount of midrange and the highs are slightly recessed. Not bad at all for the $40 i picked them up for on sale though.

Insignia is Best Buy house brand. I however would not recommend buying them at their $70 retail price. $100 or so would find you a much nicer pair of Polk RT25i or Polk RT35i. From personal exeprience (i own the Polk RT25i), the Insignias lack a considerable amount of midrange and the highs are slightly recessed. Not bad at all for the $40 i picked them up for on sale though.

srry i just had a dumbass moment

srry i just had a dumbass moment

No problem.

However, I do suggest you reevaluate your choices unless you can pick a pair up for ~$40.

I forget if they retail for $70 or $80, but either way, that puts them near some very nice speakers on the used market. Check out some stereophile reviews on the Polk RT25i. It was hanging with speaker costing more than double its (i think) $250 retail. The set sitting on my desk were obtained via Ebay for $90. I picked up a pair of Insignias on a whim since they were on sale for $40, and was quite impressed for $40. However, the Polks are back to desktop duty and the Insignias were donated to my parents for a thrown together bedroom/bathroom system.

Please, spare the flaming and don't say any dumbass liberal shit. :rolleyes:

eesh.....cant say anything without someone up my ass about it. All i did was show my surprise at him having a gun out on his desk. how about you spare the flaming and take your god complex elsewhere.

anywho, what music program is that? i dont think i've seen that before.

Dragonforce is awsome. also, where can i pick up some of those insignias new? ive searched it seems like every where and no one has them other than ebay.

Indeed they are :)

I bought them on ebay, I think I got them for like $38 shipped. Definitely not a bad deal. The speakers are not my lvl3 HTDs or Primus 250s, but they get the job done.

alkaline said:
eesh.....cant say anything without someone up my ass about it. All i did was show my surprise at him having a gun out on his desk. how about you spare the flaming and take your god complex elsewhere.

anywho, what music program is that? i dont think i've seen that before.

Yeah, its mediamonkey. Its based on winamp and can use all the winamp plugins. Excellent program if you have a lot of music because it can auto-tag batches of songs. It even downloads album art when you tag songs. It has ipod integration and tons of other nice features. Its the only music player I use.

And the gun was out being oiled when the mail guy delivered my speakers. Its a Bersa Thunder 380 if anyone wanted to know :)

killernoodle said:
I bought them on ebay, I think I got them for like $38 shipped. Definitely not a bad deal. The speakers are not my lvl3 HTDs or Primus 250s, but they get the job done.

QFT!

xbox003.jpg

Pretty simple Logitech Z-640 setup. They sound really nice, with moderate bass in games; assey for music though.

Have them hooked directly into the 360 for now, need to split them between that and my PC. Just too lazy.

What kind of 5.1 setup is that?

http://www.dolby.com/consumer/home_entertainment/roomlayout.html

Check that out and you're setup will sound much better.

It's setup like that out of necessity I'm afraid. No where in the room can I move the desk, and having the rears on stands is out of the question due to space constraints. I do move the rear left speaker sitting on the desk behind me when playing games by placing it on the bed, which isn't pictured.

That gives me better sound and more realistic surround.

BTW, it isn't digital. Those Z-640's only have an analog input. I would have to run the optical through my sound card with optical-in (don't have a card yet) and then pass it to the speakers that way.

Would that introduce lag?

It's setup like that out of necessity I'm afraid. No where in the room can I move the desk, and having the rears on stands is out of the question due to space constraints. I do move the rear left speaker sitting on the desk behind me when playing games by placing it on the bed, which isn't pictured.

That gives me better sound and more realistic surround.

BTW, it isn't digital. Those Z-640's only have an analog input. I would have to run the optical through my sound card with optical-in (don't have a card yet) and then pass it to the speakers that way.

Would that introduce lag?

Probably wouldnt be laggy. However i would much rather have a 2.0 or 2.1 setup given your space constraints. It is a pet peve of mine hearing sounds where they souldnt be coming from.

Probably wouldnt be laggy. However i would much rather have a 2.0 or 2.1 setup given your space constraints. It is a pet peve of mine hearing sounds where they souldnt be coming from.

I had a 2.1 setup in it's place a short while ago, and the difference is night and day. The 5.1 system blows it right out of the water.

I hear what you are saying about sounds being out of place though. The only speaker for which this is an issue is the rear right, but it's not too bad as I'm usually at it's level or slightly ahead of it. And with the rear left extended behind me, it sounds about right for what it is.

Nowhere near an audiophile setup, or even ideal for the layman, but it suits it's purposes.

I had a 2.1 setup in it's place a short while ago, and the difference is night and day. The 5.1 system blows it right out of the water.

I hear what you are saying about sounds being out of place though. The only speaker for which this is an issue is the rear right, but it's not too bad as I'm usually at it's level or slightly ahead of it. And with the rear left extended behind me, it sounds about right for what it is.

Nowhere near an audiophile setup, or even ideal for the layman, but it suits it's purposes.

To each his own, but i feel 2 nice bookshelves placed properly would give you much better spatial awareness with proper stereo imaging. In fact, I prefer stereo for most movies that are just dialogue. The only thing surround sound is good for are action movies or the sound effects (like doors closing behind you and such). However, if the speakers arent ACTUALLY BEHIND you, you will never experience this effect anyway.

To each his own, but i feel 2 nice bookshelves placed properly would give you much better spatial awareness with proper stereo imaging. In fact, I prefer stereo for most movies that are just dialogue. The only thing surround sound is good for are action movies or the sound effects (like doors closing behind you and such). However, if the speakers arent ACTUALLY BEHIND you, you will never experience this effect anyway.

QFT! :)

less talking more pics!
Ok, here's my setup. I'm using Dali Concept 1 bookshelves, a Dali Concept Center, some old Saba speakers for surround and a Creative Gigaworks sub (from the 7.1 version) with a Denon 1801 reciever and a X-fi Xtreme Music. Although it sounds really good I'm still going to get Dali Concept 2 bookshelves to use as fronts and the Concept 1 speakers will then be used as surrounds. After that I only need the Dali Concept 12' sub and the system is complete!

Ok, here's my setup. I'm using Dali Concept 1 bookshelves, a Dali Concept Center, some old Saba speakers for surround and a Creative Gigaworks sub (from the 7.1 version) with a Denon 1801 reciever and a X-fi Xtreme Music. Although it sounds really good I'm still going to get Dali Concept 2 bookshelves to use as fronts and the Concept 1 speakers will then be used as surrounds. After that I only need the Dali Concept 12' sub and the system is complete!

That sub is teh eew.... You dont want something with a deeper frequency response and more spl :)?

Yep, I don't have anyone who tells me how to decorate my room, so I have curtains and carpets all over the place.
The Creative sub is only temporary as I haven't been able to afford the matching sub for ~500$ yet, but it does the job pretty well. The Gigaworks S750 sub is by far the best multimedia system sub I have heard, as I have a Logitech Z-5500 system in the other room and it doesn't handle music as well as the Gigaworks one, but both doesn't have a chance against a real sub of course.

setupallem1.jpg

Kenwood Studio Monitors, Kenwood Receiver, and a Samson Condensor Microphone. (I guess the mic. can be included in a speaker setup.) :p

My setup :

M-Audio 2496 for bit-perfect movies and music (DD(ac3), DTS, PCM) via coaxial S/PDIF and Audigy2 for games (EAX) via 3x3.5mm analog cabels

Jamo e680 speakers + Yamaha RX-V459 AV receiver + Ahanix D4 HTPC + Dell 2005 fpw

DIY spikes and CAT5 UTP cabel for front speakers

All in all Dylan never sounded so good :D

I really should get myself a HD ready LCD TV ... but they are so damn expensive over here in cro (especially full HD 1920x1080)

Fronts

Rears

The mid-range speaker is the only original speaker. Old EV Horn and 15" 500W MTX woofer. Refoamed surround and Dust cap.

Radio Shack Optimus Mach 1 with a 15" woofer sealed case got lows but I almost want to vent them.

Currently refinishing my Sub. Gosh I love old speakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back