Post Your RocketFish pics/mods

it's the cpu cooler that can accept 2x120mm fans

Good for thin cases, but if you have enough room, I'd suggest the TRUE. I plan on putting a second 120mm on it for push/pull airflow. Any ideas on how to power the fan? Should I use a connector on the mobo? Only the CPU fan control works. ASUS fan management absolutely sucks. I'm leaning towards just connecting it to my fan speed controller.

Are there any problems if the fans don't spin the same speed or if one speeds up while the other stays the same? Which fan should I have doing the speeding up? The intake or exhaust end?

no idea to any of those questions... i'd say test test test

Yeah, I wonder if some of you with rattling problems have a case that was somehow jarred in transit, loosening a panel or rivet, maybe a screw or some type of connecting piece. I've been running my case now with lots of opening and closing, and moving and setting down, lifting up, etc. for over two months. I can put all of my fans to max, and spin up my optical drives and make one heck of a racket ... but nothing rattles a bit. The only thing I can think of is some kind of damage or loose part.

Trace the sound, see if there's some way to dampen the SOURCE of the vibration. That's my best advice.

Seeing this thread makes me want this case more and more.

Seeing this thread makes me want this case more and more.

Lol. I love mine. With the side window it looks amazing. Room for a nice radiator on top. I plan on painting my mobo tray black, eventually.

You have to install whatever extra fans you can, but I have a fairly equal pressure airflow system running now and my temps are great.

3x120 intake
2x120 + 2x60 exhaust

All fans adjustable either automatically by motherboard or by my sexy fan controller that Newegg is ALWAYS OOS on.

Next step: Mount a pull fan on my TRUE.

i cut the living crap out of mine this weekend for some watercooling gear, came out pretty good, still more work to be done though.

Anyone have the specs of the 3x stock 120mm fans that come with these cases? I am just curious how much noise they are supposed to be making, as I would like to get some fans that push more air without being louder.

google the model number

the fan was included in one of the mini reviews over on XS... they are not the best

petra's yate loons FTW

Anyone have the specs of the 3x stock 120mm fans that come with these cases? I am just curious how much noise they are supposed to be making, as I would like to get some fans that push more air without being louder.

I replaced all of mine with my Antec 120mm Tri-cools. The P5Q Pro SUCKS for fan control. Rocks for everything else ... anyways.

I recommend these:

For a budget, Yate Loons are great.

Here's a few more that really do well:

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/2...Turbine_8939CFM_Fan_-_BLACK.html?tl=g36c15s60

90cfm @ only 32.5db. Very good fans.

These fans are amazing. Absolutely AMAZING. Too bad Newegg really kills you on shipping. $7 to ship a $9 fan. :(

Anyways, these are great fans:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835185054

130cfm - A BEAST. It's quiet when not at full bore, too.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835185060

Incredible fan for $9. (too bad about the shipping ... agian.)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835185059

Those are some good suggestions for ye. Yate loons are good for cheap, but I don't know where to find the ones that people rave about. All I see are the lower CFM ones. I like at least 80cfm or it likely won't push enough air for my tastes.

I replaced all of mine with my Antec 120mm Tri-cools. The P5Q Pro SUCKS for fan control. Rocks for everything else ... anyways.

I recommend these:

For a budget, Yate Loons are great.

Here's a few more that really do well:

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/2...Turbine_8939CFM_Fan_-_BLACK.html?tl=g36c15s60

90cfm @ only 32.5db. Very good fans.

These fans are amazing. Absolutely AMAZING. Too bad Newegg really kills you on shipping. $7 to ship a $9 fan. :(

Anyways, these are great fans:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835185054

130cfm - A BEAST. It's quiet when not at full bore, too.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835185060

Incredible fan for $9. (too bad about the shipping ... agian.)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835185059

Those are some good suggestions for ye. Yate loons are good for cheap, but I don't know where to find the ones that people rave about. All I see are the lower CFM ones. I like at least 80cfm or it likely won't push enough air for my tastes.

yate loons at petra's tech shop only FOR THE WIN

here's a better pic of my case :)

kinda old, cause it doesnt have the edging on it, and it doesnt have a pic of the blow-hole i put in.
DSC00156.jpg

In my search for a Rocketfish Full Tower, I walked into a BB near my school and they had the item tag on. I was so excited but when I asked them to check their inventory, they said they had 1 in stock virtually but none physically. Neither did any BB in my city. I shall try another city this weekend.

The more I see your mods, I more I want this case!!!

In my search for a Rocketfish Full Tower, I walked into a BB near my school and they had the item tag on. I was so excited but when I asked them to check their inventory, they said they had 1 in stock virtually but none physically. Neither did any BB in my city. I shall try another city this weekend.

The more I see your mods, I more I want this case!!!

thats exactly what i thought when i saw this in the hot deals section :p

luckily a BB about 30 miles away from me in utica had one *phew*

Im still working on my mod that ive really been wanting to do. Its just hard since it involves some tricky cuts. Im contemplating to have someone cut it for me with an industrial laser and not worry about it.

Did some tidying up with the cables, and also, i modded in another 120mm intake fan where the HDD cage used to be closest to the power supply :)

Here's the old.
DSC00220.jpg

and the new.
DSC00230.jpg

DSC00231.jpg

DSC00232.jpg

DSC00229.jpg

Yeah. That looks a lot better. I noticed you put a fan on the very bottom like I did. Is yours intake or exhaust? In my cooling system it works as an intake fan. Makes for a fairly even pressure environment the way I have it setup.

BTW, I put two 60mm fans on that top grill above the 120mm exhaust fan on the back. They actually pull out quite a bit of air, I would say as much as the 120mm below it, or at least close. Easy mod.

Yeah. That looks a lot better. I noticed you put a fan on the very bottom like I did. Is yours intake or exhaust? In my cooling system it works as an intake fan. Makes for a fairly even pressure environment the way I have it setup.

BTW, I put two 60mm fans on that top grill above the 120mm exhaust fan on the back. They actually pull out quite a bit of air, I would say as much as the 120mm below it, or at least close. Easy mod.

ill try that later on, but right now, this is fine :p

and that lower fan is an intake fan.

so ive got my 38mm antec tricool in the front, and the fan that used to be there on the bottom both taking in air :)

and it lowered my vid card temp's by 6c, it rocks :)

ill try that later on, but right now, this is fine :p

and that lower fan is an intake fan.

so ive got my 38mm antec tricool in the front, and the fan that used to be there on the bottom both taking in air :)

and it lowered my vid card temp's by 6c, it rocks :)

Yep. Totally worth it. Gotta raise your case off the ground a bit. I've got mine on a little stand-thingy attached to the desk. You'd be ok if you didn't have it on carpet, though.

Post a pic when you get your side window!

Yep. Totally worth it. Gotta raise your case off the ground a bit. I've got mine on a little stand-thingy attached to the desk. You'd be ok if you didn't have it on carpet, though.

Post a pic when you get your side window!

ive had my side window on for ages now, lol let me find a picture of it.

here it is.
DSC00221.jpg

I noticed you have a push/pull setup on your TRUE. What do you have the second fan connected to? I would assume one is connected to the mobo. Which one? The one pulling air into the fins, or the one exhausting it?

I am planning on adding a second fan myself soon.

I noticed you have a push/pull setup on your TRUE. What do you have the second fan connected to? I would assume one is connected to the mobo. Which one? The one pulling air into the fins, or the one exhausting it?

I am planning on adding a second fan myself soon.

both are connected to my fan controller acctually :)

they both run @ 100% my fan controller will run it at.

they're both yate loon low-speed fans, and they're almost silent.

the only noise from my system is lian-li ones that came with it, and the antec one in the front, and even then, all it makes is a slight wirring noise.

nothing too annoying.

they're both yate loon low-speed fans, and they're almost silent.

the only noise from my system is lian-li ones that came with it, and the antec one in the front, and even then, all it makes is a slight wirring noise.

nothing too annoying.

I've got a Cooljag 120cfm fan. It pushes a TON of air. I don't know if I would fix the speed of my fans. I like to be able to crank the fan up a notch when I'm really pushing the processor or stress testing .... or playing Supreme Commander. From 50% to below the cooljag is silent, but when I need it, it cranks up and really pushes some serous air.

Does it hurt anything to have a second fan that doesn't match, not running the same speed on the other side? I would attach it to my fan controller so I could raise and lower it as needed. Are there any problems with doing it this way?

I've got a Cooljag 120cfm fan. It pushes a TON of air. I don't know if I would fix the speed of my fans. I like to be able to crank the fan up a notch when I'm really pushing the processor or stress testing .... or playing Supreme Commander. From 50% to below the cooljag is silent, but when I need it, it cranks up and really pushes some serous air.

Does it hurt anything to have a second fan that doesn't match, not running the same speed on the other side? I would attach it to my fan controller so I could raise and lower it as needed. Are there any problems with doing it this way?

i dont know for sure, but if anything, youll probably want the pull fan running faster than the push fan in a worse case scenario.

otherwise, you can buy some yates for ~$3.50 off of jab-tech and you can just use those.

i dont know for sure, but if anything, youll probably want the pull fan running faster than the push fan in a worse case scenario.

otherwise, you can buy some yates for ~$3.50 off of jab-tech and you can just use those.

They don't do 120CFM ..... :eek:

Back