Post your retro hardware.

Come on guys. I know there's a lot of older hardware floating around this forum. Post'em!

best [486];1033194431 said:
COOL! I've never heard of a 16 before, though I've heard of the 128 and the 64...

I had a P-133 laptop a while ago, it ran XP reasonably [extremely slow, but I was used to it] the only problem was the 2GB hard drive, I had a 20GB one, but the hard drive was in a acse that changed the connector, it took me a while to figure out the standard 44 pin ide was inside it, but at that time it was already dead....

The C-16 came after the C-64 and was part of the same line of computers as the Plus4 was. It used a newer version of BASIC than the C-64 did and as a result, most of your more advanced programs for the VIC-20 and the C-64 didn't work on it.

More info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commodore_16

I've got some C64's! My PSU blew though, I have to find another.

I compose chiptunes on retro hardware, Gameboys, Commodore/Amiga, NES, etc.

DSCN1751.jpg

DSCN1740.jpg

LOL at that C-128. My 1541-II disk drive turned yellow like that too from the sunlight coming in through my window.

I've got some C64's! My PSU blew though, I have to find another.

I compose chiptunes on retro hardware, Gameboys, Commodore/Amiga, NES, etc.

DSCN1751.jpg

[/IMG]

Those are absolutely beautiful. I miss my old C64. Those were the days... When you thought you could do better than the games on the market, and actually DO it! :) Programming was easier, and it was FUN!

:D
Everex system 1800A
4 Mhz Intel 80286 proc with an 80287 NPU
Suntac chipset
1 Mb ram
4 mb HDD
\and the super-deluxe 'amber' monitor....

:p
My dad bought a similar Everex model as our first family computer right before my birthday in 1988 ('cept he bought a sony vga monitor and got a 20MB hard drive).

I wonder how many people think that Everex is a newcomer to the PC market. :p They weren't what you call mainstream.

My dad bought a similar Everex model as our first family computer right before my birthday in 1988 ('cept he bought a sony vga monitor and got a 20MB hard drive).

I wonder how many people think that Everex is a newcomer to the PC market. :p They weren't what you call mainstream.

Probably because you only seem them along side the frys special. Oh and thier laptops are really hard to find parts for. Also for some reason when I see one next to most other brands they jsut seem cheap to me.

That said I have a white box OEM everex socket A motherboard in one of my 2 old socket A systems and its been rock solid.

I'll post pictures of some of my old hardware when I find my camera. I have plenty of old PC's and hardware from 1993-2000. Too bad I don't have a C64 anymore. I sold it to some collector few years ago.

I'll get some pics of what I can find. I managed to unearth a Commodore 16 (not 64!) while moving stuff today.

Since you all liked the Libretto, here's the first of many replacements beside it(clickable to see a bigger version or see more pics):

Fujitsu Lifeook P1120--Transmeta Crusoe 800MHz (horribly slow), 256MB of RAM (soldered in), 20GB HD in this pic, 8.9" 1024x600 touchscreen. The case ended up damaged in a botched harddisk upgrade, but it's still more or less functional.

I had a bit of an addiction to these for a while, I went through three ultraportables over the course of 2007. The Libretto was the first, the Lifebook was second, and the EEE PC 701 was the last, of that year. Currently on an EEE PC 900(it was 2008 when I got that :p).

Ultraportable family photo (though the last two don't really fit this thread):

(clickable for hi-res of course)

I got something smaller for you.... ;)

mc218.jpg

The Ericsson MC218, also known as Psion 5MX!

http://nvrmnd.mine.nu/mc218.jpg

The Ericsson MC218, also known as Psion 5MX!

Novell, but doesn't beat the versatility of x86. It seems pretty close to the size of the Philips Velo 1 H/PC I had at one point (but the keyboard looks a lot nicer on the 5MX).

I need to upload pictures of my x86 stuff I've snapped pictures of recently; one plain-jane old IBM PII tower, one Pentium tower with a rather odd feature, and an XT-class system with 20MB harddisk.

In the mean time here's the Commodore 16 (click it for bigger view, or to see pictures of its ports):

That is very true, but there is alot of stuff for the EPOC-plattform aswell. I think there are some CF-modems/network cards that work(ed) with it so you could use it for Internet. I don't really use it any more since I don't think I have the sync-cable for it anymore. It's a serial cable...

http://nvrmnd.mine.nu/mc218.jpg

The Ericsson MC218, also known as Psion 5MX![/QUOTE]

My grandparents had something like that, probably got it from an infomercial. I now [U]need[/U] to find it...

Compaq 9232
- 133MHz
- 40MB of EDO RAM (32+8)
- 1.2GB HDD

Man, I remember having one of those. I crammed IIRC a 200 MHz CPU into it and then 128MB of RAM.

Built like a tank. If you decide you wanna upgrade the RAM, lemme know, I got close to 80 32mb sticks lying around. :p

lol, I don't really use it anymore. I stack up all my college textbooks on it and use it as a shelf. :p

I might break it out on a rainy day and install Windows 3.1 & Tabworks back on it.

I just got my hands on a 486 board with a soldered on 486SX.

The board still works (and it's been abused at school (teacher didn't want it)).

Amazingly it still boots, I even had it booting floppys. Sadly, no riser card. So it's kinda useless. Still cool though.

I also dug up (not sure if it still works, don't have an ISA video card) an old board with a VIA 486 type CPU (uses the 386 pin layout though). Freakin ancient. :eek:

My original IBM XT still works fine. At least... it did the last time I turned it on, ten-odd years ago.

best [486];1033223783 said:
My grandparents had something like that, probably got it from an infomercial. I now need to find it...

It's kick ass for solitare I tell you! If you got the charging kit for it that is... :p the bios battery in mine died, I think I got a new one (don't remember really...) and I do not have the serial cable for it. I can still install some apps from CF!

It's kick ass for solitare I tell you! If you got the charging kit for it that is... :p the bios battery in mine died, I think I got a new one (don't remember really...) and I do not have the serial cable for it. I can still install some apps from CF!
Does it run windows? I never got to mess with the one they had...

I just got my hands on a 486 board with a soldered on 486SX.
Oh, yeah, well, I had a soldered on 386SX25, I spilled battery acid on it, and ran it till it died [it wouldn't even post, so I just counted until sparks/ smoke, it was only around a minute...]:D

Hey Raz1r, I'd love to hear some of your chip-tunes sometime. Are any pieces of your work floating around the web somewhere to listen? Sounds really cool.

best [486];1033233238 said:
Does it run windows? I never got to mess with the one they had...

Oh, yeah, well, I had a soldered on 386SX25, I spilled battery acid on it, and ran it till it died [it wouldn't even post, so I just counted until sparks/ smoke, it was only around a minute...]:D

No, it runs EPOC.

Man, I am on a role this week.

Just got a gateway 2000 booting a floppy based firewall distro. (SPEC'S IN SIG)

I finally got around to uploading some more pics.

Here's a Pentium with a rather odd feature, it plays a tune at bootup:

Here's the odder part, it's the heatsink that is playing the tune through the front speaker:

Something more old-school, an XT clone from Leading Edge:

Intel 8088 processor - 4.77MHz/8MHz switchable
640K RAM
20 MB harddisk - MFM interface
CGA and mono graphics built-in

It looks like I'm at the picture limit, so for insides click here.

My boss brought his 1st computer into the store today.. not sure why. I'd ask but hes out doing an on-site call.

Don't mind the scanner, it was in the way of my moving stuff around and ended up in the pic.

HPIM1748.jpg

Printer and 2 keyboards (got slightly rained on today):

HPIM1749.jpg

OMG!! used to have one of those when i was 5 or 6! even had a separate colour monitor to hook up for games. so ghetto, but so many memories

I would post my Libretto 50ct, which was about the size of a video cassette, but its toast and i took it apart lol.

I loved playing with that thing, and it was suprisingly quick for having a 75mhz cpu and 32 mb of ram :p

Back