Post your "rate my cables" here

My 99% complete HAF 922:

3856380242_c747e272c0.jpg

3855590823_636dee1d02.jpg

I've got 2 red LED 200mm fans for top and side door on the way, and I need to tie down some fan cables in the bottom of the case.

It's a 150xt Pico PSU... so it has a small external brick along with it.

But it's basically just a Zotac 9300, M350 Case, 4GB of Ballistix, E5200 w/ Stock cooler... and the Pico PSU. stuck a couple 40mm Scythe fans in there, not sure if they'll do much but they're silent anyways.

Only problem I have right now is the laptop HDD sits directly over the GPU, causes the laptop HDD to hit 55C and the GPU to hit 80c. which is no bueno, I'm not concerned as much about the GPU as the HDD. So I'm thinking I might need an SSD... which shouldn't be affected by heat. If I take off the top cover and move the HDD away, it drops to 40c, and the GPU to 55c.

Not with the current BIOS I don't believe... you can overvolt it but can't change the FSB... can't undervolt it either...

They're releasing a new version in a couple of months which might fix those problems, but I'm not worried it works for me.

smallfinshedGMsolidHD4770Xfire.JPG

SmallGMSolidHD4770Xfire.JPG

GMSolidAugust2009XfireHD4770IQ9550E0.JPG

This was before I got rid of the 80mm fan on the lower GPU heat sink and cleaned up some of the the wires for better air flow.

TRHR03REVAXfireHD4770ssmall.jpg

You can do one of those for around $300 - $400.. I think he said he was using that one for HTPC use if I'm not mistaken.

hmm thats pretty cool for an htpc. would you have to use an external HD. would there even be room for a 2.5 hd in there

This is the first time I've ever posted pics of my rig. Specs in sig. This is a first edition antec 900. It's had holes dremeled everywhere, some in the motherboard tray, and one in the top for the 200mm fan, CCFL, and front header cables to be routed. Basically, it is what it looks like. The only real visible wires are the 24-pin, the PCI-E power, a few fan headers going to the mobo, and a barely visible 8-pin CPU connector in the top corner, going behind the motherboard and through a hole to the back. The hard drives have been flipped around, hiding much wiring, thanks to a great guide written by another antec 900 modder. Since putting so much work into this case, I realized in retrospect that a different case would have worked out for me much better, as this is one of the more difficult ones to get just right, but I still like it.

Also, the pics came out pretty dark, but I took one with the flash on.

IMG_4629.jpg

IMG_4633.jpg

IMG_4636.jpg

(note: one pic was taken on a different date, when I was waiting for an RMA from corsair - hence only 2 sticks of RAM)

Nice setup. And the paintjob on the inside is well done.
We have VERY similar setups, lol. YOu have the 285 and the Q6600w/ a better OC, I got the 6700 and 260. Nearly identical HDD setups too.

Nice setup. And the paintjob on the inside is well done.
We have VERY similar setups, lol. YOu have the 285 and the Q6600w/ a better OC, I got the 6700 and 260. Nearly identical HDD setups too.

Thanks man! Yeah the reverse HDD mod is really the way to go. I actually have all the hard drive wires sleeved for when they were facing the right way, but decided it's better to just have em flipped.

SonDa5, did you have to mod anything (drill new holes, use new screws) to mount the 120mm fan outside the side panel?

Nice Jon, looks very neat. Forgive the noobish question but what exactly is that TR chipset/GPU cooler connected to? Almost seems like it's slapped unto a component on the back of the mobo? (power circuitry?) Also, you couldn't orient the TRUE horizontally? I would think that even if you have to use one fan instead of two it'd probably perform better like that... Dunno, probably doesn't make much of a difference either way if the fans are quiet slow spinners.

Nice Jon, looks very neat. Forgive the noobish question but what exactly is that TR chipset/GPU cooler connected to? Almost seems like it's slapped unto a component on the back of the mobo? (power circuitry?) Also, you couldn't orient the TRUE horizontally? I would think that even if you have to use one fan instead of two it'd probably perform better like that... Dunno, probably doesn't make much of a difference either way if the fans are quiet slow spinners.

Hey Impulse... It's a IFX-10,
http://i568.photobucket.com/albums/ss122/Jon1166/ifx-10-1.jpg?t=1252060198
, part of the IFX-14 heatsink that I modified to attach to the back of the motherboard to assist with some extra cooling... I will attach a 80mm fan to it.
The TRUE is facing that way as I have two other Scythes which are 38mm and won't fit in that direction... just testing to see which ones give me better temps.

Murder what sleeve did you use? With all of that color showing it seems almost worthless... pc looks really good though.

There's actually 2 types of sleeving. The 24 pin connector used some sleeving I bought at microcenter, forgot the name of it. The rest of the PC is done with a murdermod sleeving kit, which is much higher quality. In real life, you can't see any of the wires showing through - The camera flash somehow made it glaringly visible, but it really doesn't look like that. I got the murdermod kid after I did the 24 pin, and there was absolutely no willingness to redo the entire thing. If you've ever sleeved a 24 pin connector, you can probably understand.

I got the murdermod kid after I did the 24 pin, and there was absolutely no willingness to redo the entire thing. If you've ever sleeved a 24 pin connector, you can probably understand.

I hear you there... willingness was a rare possession after having sleeved every wire individually on my 24 pin, a couple of 6 pins and the others... but it sure was worth it :)

Three feet of IDE, modified. Damn that's a lot of cable!

*this is just meant as a joke, I will post some real pics soon.

I hear you there... willingness was a rare possession after having sleeved every wire individually on my 24 pin, a couple of 6 pins and the others... but it sure was worth it :)

Yea, not sure if I'd want to do another one, so I gotta hope my Corsair 850HX lasts a while eh?

I'll be sleeving those front panel connections, and actually using the M-ATX feed-thrus so the cables are hidden under the motherboard, just didn't want to spend too much time without my system working. That and moving some other stuff around, it will look a lot better (I got some white cathodes I might try out so you can actually see the inside of the case, along with some UV blue SATA cables that are sleeved, so you see tiny bits of blue through the sleeving when you put it up to UV light. Hard to describe but I'll try to get it setup eventually. I got a couple short UV cathodes too.

I didn't label my pins either, I just looked up a pin-out online / images of the stock cable and matched the colors... everything works heh :) 8pin + 6pin are easier because there's only yellow / black or 12vt and ground.. and I only half-sleeved my cables so I actually have quite a bit of the 100ft I had before... I've sleeved a bunch of fan's and other small things, along with the 8pin, 24pin, and 2 x 6pins on the PSU, then the Pico-PSU on my Mini-ITX and the Stock intel fan (hah) and bet I could do some more modular cables.

Rambling... :eek:

I ordered some black molex connectors, and already have some black heatshrink tubing, to replace the light blue connectors/heatshrink on the cables. The light blue doesn't seem to fit well imo, and think that plain black would work better for the overall look. I'll post some more pics once completed, if yall don't mind.:)

here is my Cosmos S! Sorry for the horrible pictures, (my phone is my only camera)
I cannot think of any other way place my extra PSU cables. any tips? The Cosmos' space is limited behind the mobo tray.
0918091956.jpg

0918092001.jpg

0918092002a.jpg

0918092002.jpg

Last edited:
Did a small cable cleanup in my PC-V1110A. Big cleanup (with dust and fingerprint cleaning :) ) will come when i get my HD5870 and a socket 1156 kit for TRUE120 Black.

v1110.jpg

v1110b.jpg

The cooler (only i had and had a s1156 kit) and memory modules were a close call :
c12p1156sm.jpg

here is my Cosmos S! Sorry for the horrible pictures, (my phone is my only camera)
I cannot think of any other way place my extra PSU cables. any tips? The Cosmos' space is limited behind the mobo tray.

Perhaps move up the Hard drive you have in the bottom most slot and put them all in the HDD bay section, it will look a bit cleaner as all you will have is one set of lines running to the HDD bay.

Back