Post your "rate my cables" here

My TT Tsunami Dream

61572011am5.jpg

Looking for ideas for my harddrives.
I have 2 more angled SATA cables on the way, they then wont be a problem, but I need a suggestion for the SATA power cables that they aren't too messy.
I am not sure if I can put in the drives the opposite way, however even if I do I still need something for the power cables.

IMG_1654.JPG

Looking for ideas for my harddrives.
I have 2 more angled SATA cables on the way, they then wont be a problem, but I need a suggestion for the SATA power cables that they aren't too messy.
I am not sure if I can put in the drives the opposite way, however even if I do I still need something for the power cables.

IMG_1654.JPG

turn the hdds around and route wires through the back of the case.
also try putting your wc pump in the 5.25" drive bay instead of the middle of the case..

turn the hdds around and route wires through the back of the case.
also try putting your wc pump in the 5.25" drive bay instead of the middle of the case..

I'm not planning on moving the water pump, it works just fine. It may not look good but I dont have a window and am not planning on winning awards with the layout.
As for turning the HDDs around, as I said they dont fit in the other way, and I am just looking for a nicer way to arrange the sata power cables.

take the fittings off cut the wire shorter and press them back on at exact lengths so they perfectly fit in each drive with no slack between

I can tell... :D

Really that is amazing!

One of the best ones I've ever seen!

How did you do that? :D

Mainly, I just stored all of the excess cabling behind the 5.25" and 3.5" trays. I REALLY need to get a SATA dvd burner to replace my IDE cable, but the management was actually fairly easy. Would of been easier if the other side panel wasn't riveted :(.

Here's my new rig. Nothing like the wiring on my older system but its not terrible. The Zalman Fan Controller wires make a mess of the 5.25" drive area unfortunately.I need to work on the drive area some more, I dont like what I did with the SATA power cable for the DVD drive. But, here's what Ive got so far

Picture012-2.jpg

Picture020-1.jpg

And a picture of my old system for shits and giggles...
pa1700078la.jpg

Tip with the zalman fanmates, in your case: Move the ram dimm on the left to right side of the left block so instead of || || it would be || ||

Then, run the fan mate wiring in between the two. It works really well.

Thanks for the tip! Im most likely just going to replace the Zalman 7700 with a 9700 so I can make use of the 4-pin connector on the mobo and the mobo's auto-fan speed controller. The only thing stopping me is the part about cleaning off the old thermal paste on the CPU :(

Oh yes he can! :p If it is pre-sleeved, he can pull the sleeve to cover the wires. But I think it's only his 24pin that's pre-sleeved, so maybe he was too sleepy to sleeve? :eek:

Cheers from Dubai. BTW, the first time I walked out here, my glasses fogged up in 2 seconds (literally it's that humid). And if you OC, this is probably the worst place to do so. Today it's 108F - 42C :cool:

My first build in a few years...

Asus P5K Deluxe
E6320 @ 3GHz / 426MHz FSB / 1.375v
(also runs great at 3.2GHz / 460MHz FSB / 1.375v but I don't need the speed right now...)
4x1GB PC8500 Crucial Ballistix @ 2.1V / 1066MHz 5-5-5-15 (5:4)
Corsair 620HX
Lian Li v1200 Plus-ii (Pro Turbo Ultra Type-R)

My first build in a few years...

Asus P5K Deluxe
E6320 @ 3GHz / 426MHz FSB / 1.375v
(also runs great at 3.2GHz / 460MHz FSB / 1.375v but I don't need the speed right now...)
4x1GB PC8500 Crucial Ballistix @ 2.1V / 1066MHz 5-5-5-15 (5:4)
Corsair 620HX
Lian Li v1200 Plus-ii (Pro Turbo Ultra Type-R)

@calebb,
Currently, I am looking for solution for my NB cooling... I have Thermallight Ultra 120 Extreme installed, and since it huge size, hard to find suitable NB cooler... Can you show me some another angle shots of your 'spot cooler' (I guess it is right name..) and how does it to cool your rig? And also I am wondering what NB you have now...
Thank you.

@calebb,
Currently, I am looking for solution for my NB cooling... I have Thermallight Ultra 120 Extreme installed, and since it huge size, hard to find suitable NB cooler... Can you show me some another angle shots of your 'spot cooler' (I guess it is right name..) and how does it to cool your rig? And also I am wondering what NB you have now...
Thank you.

It helps a lot! Here's a thread on it: (I'll cut & paste some of it here)

As a lot of people have noticed, the northbridge chipset on P35 motherboards gets pretty warm at higher FSB frequencies (at least on the Asus P5K Deluxe!). This issue is even more noticeable with an after market HSF: The Intel stock HSF blows air down over the CPU which then cools the fins on the chipset heatpipes. However, most aftermarket HSF units do not circulate air near over the chipset heatpipes.

Pertinent Specs
  • Lian-li v1200
  • Rear case fan pulling in fresh air
  • E6320 (7x multi) @ 426MHz FSB (3GHz), 1.375V
  • Tuniq Tower 120 w/ Silverstone FM-121 Fan @ 100%
  • Tuniq Fan blowing air in the same direction as rear case intake fan
  • Room temp of 72F (22C), air conditioned and constant

Idle = Running for several hours with case closed
Load = 1 hour Orthos, small FFTs, case closed

Chipset temperature, according to Asus PC-Probe and Speedfan 4.32
Idle: 44C
Load: 55C

With Antec VCool @ medium speed mounted as shown in picture below: (blowing air down across the chipset heatpipes).
Idle: 40C
Load: 47C

With VCool and Antec Spot Cool @ medium speed mounted as shown in picture below (actually, it's facing the wrong way in the picture below - I didn't get a picture after I flipped it around)
Idle: 38C
Load: 45C

With VCool and Antec Spot Cool @ high speed mounted as shown in picture below:
Idle: 37C
Load: 45C

p5k_northbridge_cooling_sm.jpg

Also, BillParish made a post in the motherboard forum on northbridge cooling. He suggests replacing the pins/springs with nylon screws & replacing the crapy thermal interface material with Arctic Silver 5. I'll do that sooner or later and post the results as well.

Also, BillParish made a post in the motherboard forum on northbridge cooling. He suggests replacing the pins/springs with nylon screws & replacing the crapy thermal interface material with Arctic Silver 5. I'll do that sooner or later and post the results as well.

@calebb,

Excellent~
Extra read was very informative as well... Thanks so much~

I had to wait till my internet service get back on... it was affected through both South and North CA AT&T users...
Scary summer is coming... ;)

Hey all, its my first attempt at anything like this, So please be kind to me!

Ignore the Graphics card, Cpu cooler and case, They're all being rectified on payday!!

If anyone can reccommend me a good quiet case then let me know!

Anyway heres the cables. What you think?

RIMG0120.JPG

If anyone can reccommend me a good quiet case then let me know!

The Antec P180/P180B/P182 cases are all fairly quiet and don't break the bank. If you can afford $250 or so, Lian Li is the way to go... but I'm quite happy with the $90 I paid for my Antec after rebate.

Just waiting for some additional funds for water cooling the cpu and gpu. Hope the image is there.

my.php

Sorry for the lame question but how do I get it to show the image instead of just the link?

man all those cables everywhere it's a mess, you need zip ties.

:p

I LOVE it. Have my babies.

I'm always a fan of keeping it in plain sight. but hidden.

Before watercooling goes in, basic cable setup to see how it all fit.
The front I/O panel cables are too short/just long enough to span like I put them, no give to route them behind anything :(

Coolermaster Stacker Orig... rig in sig.

dsc01174mediumsu3.jpg

dsc01193mediumju2.jpg

dsc01176mediumvf6.jpg

ps. 10 points to whoever can point out my error first :)

ps. 10 points to whoever can point out my error first :)

Either the excess SATA cable or the lowest HDD power cables going horizontally across.

Only "bad"(lol) things I see. Looks awesome though. I can barely see my mobo with all my cables.

Back