Post your "rate my cables" here

This is my snaztastic rig.

It is only impressive because of what it used to look like but I didn't take a Before picture but it was a mess and now she has some sex appeal.

my.php

my.php

My CM Stacker cleanup...

BEFORE...
fileserver01.jpg

AFTER...
fileserver02.jpg

CLOSEUP OF DRIVE WIRING...
fileserver03.jpg

I keep thinking about doing more to this system, like custom power rails with 90-degree molex power connectors and the like, but I eventually plan on going completely SATA and will need all new wiring techniques then anyways so I'm not getting too crazy yet...

I had hoped at one time to build some custom cabling like this...
customide01.jpg

But I never got the right system ready in time before SATA came out and solved most of the IDE cable problems without needing special cabling like this. If you're curious, you can read more about some of my old ideas Here was the theory behind some of my designs... Here were some early prototypes... And here were some of the more advanced (and working) prototypes I built a few years ago

tried my best, even though theres pretty much no room in the centurion 5 for good cable layouts.

spa0030cc4.jpg

My CM Stacker cleanup...

BEFORE...
fileserver01.jpg

AFTER...
fileserver02.jpg

[/URL]

ALERT, we MAY or MAY NOT have a cheater here. Upon close inspection one will see DUST on the AFTER picture, but not the before!, how, might I ask, is this possible?:D

Your cables look great by the way, I'd give it a 6/10. Bundling some of those bottom cables with radioshack zipties and routing the northern regions along the case lineing might help some

ALERT, we MAY or MAY NOT have a cheater here. Upon close inspection one will see DUST on the AFTER picture, but not the before!, how, might I ask, is this possible?:D

Uhhhm... He's obviously got a time travel device lodged in that case somewhere.

Christ birdmw... Are you blind?

:3

Uhhhm... He's obviously got a time travel device lodged in that case somewhere.

Guilty as charged... I have a small tardis in one of the drive bays...

Actually, I didn't blow the dust out of the case when I did most of the re-wiring work. Simple as that.

I'm sure I could do a little better, but since the inside of this case is rather small, I'm kind of limited to what I can do. It was a LOT worse before though, so I'm happy haha.

You dont sound err... look... umm... happy... :eek:

How about cable tying the front panel wires up into one batch going behind the drivebay supports.

Nice work you guys.

I'm gonna try and stay more active around a few threads that I used to frequent from now on, and obviously this is one of them. At the latest I'll be getting my PC-7B in June for my birthday and then I'll get to modding the case and show some of you what REAL wiring is all about. ;) :D

My setup... kina simple. Give sugestions

Looking good, can you mount the HDD the other way round? Also do you have a longer IDE cable, if you do then you can fold it to follow the back of your case up to the optical drives.

Thanks for sugestion... yes i can an will be reversing the HD as soon as my new one gets around to me as far as the larger IDE cable, i dont have one so mabye ill add that to my order from newegg.

Take my word for it, I'm a really good photographer but my Sony A100 isn't at my mom's house, so I had to user her Olympus C-50 which for whatever reason can't take an in focus picture in this kind of lighting.
Anyway...
I'll be getting a new SATA cable (black) soon so use your imagination... (I also now have DFI P965-S)

P1010017_001.jpg

Take my word for it, I'm a really good photographer but my Sony A100 isn't at my mom's house, so I had to user her Olympus C-50 which for whatever reason can't take an in focus picture in this kind of lighting.
Anyway...
I'll be getting a new SATA cable (black) soon so use your imagination... (I also now have DFI P965-S)

P1010017_001.jpg

wow what a great idea to put the radbox inside the case. It probably wouldnt work for the lian-li series but this is definantly a 'hey, why didn't I think of that?" moment. Looks good, cables are clean 9/10 in my book!

Here is my comp I just put together. For the most part I think I did a good job. I could of done alot more but since this case doesnt have a window, making it look pretty wasnt a concern to me.

100_4429.jpg

100_4432.jpg

Here is my comp I just put together. For the most part I think I did a good job. I could of done alot more but since this case doesnt have a window, making it look pretty wasnt a concern to me.

100_4429.jpg

100_4432.jpg

Wow thats really clean. I really couldn't reccomend doing much, except maybe clean up the HDD wires a bit? But its damn clean, especially compared to mine!

Here it is:

rec011jz3.jpg

I get pretty good temps and none of the wires are really blocking the airflow but it looks pretty bad and it doesnt help the p180 is a bitch for wire management.

wow what a great idea to put the radbox inside the case. It probably wouldnt work for the lian-li series but this is definantly a 'hey, why didn't I think of that?" moment. Looks good, cables are clean 9/10 in my book!

I'm not quite sure where you're coming from with that "it probably wouldn't work" statement...because you're looking at a Lian-Li, or at least a damn good copy cat.

UncleDavid218, first thing...run the SATA cable straight up and fold it under your mobo and down to the drive if possible...even with a black SATA cable it'll still stick out like a swore thumb the way it's positioned now. Second, not wire related...but it looks like there's a wicked kink in your tubing coming from/going to the top barb on your CPU block.

That is a lian-li :p

Here's my latest watercooled system.

fullout.jpg

Full system shot, once again proving I need a tripod.

outshot.jpg

A bit closer of a shot of the inner cabling

IMGP1134.jpg

P4 cable

fancable.jpg

Only real cable (for the FAN) that still needs to be heatshrunk

cardcable.jpg

PCIe power cable ziptied to the card to stealth it a bit.

No you may NOT see the back of the motherboard tray :D

Here's my latest watercooled system.

fullout.jpg

Full system shot, once again proving I need a tripod.

outshot.jpg

A bit closer of a shot of the inner cabling

IMGP1134.jpg

P4 cable

fancable.jpg

Only real cable (for the FAN) that still needs to be heatshrunk

cardcable.jpg

PCIe power cable ziptied to the card to stealth it a bit.

No you may NOT see the back of the motherboard tray :D

What can i say. There is no way i could think of anything to improve it, so that makes it 10/10 from me. nice :D

Ditto. BTW, what is that terminal block for by all the drive bays? Can we see more pics of that area?

Double Ditto... looks intriguing

Sure, check out my WORKLOG the first few posts detail that terminal block.

I tell ya, having the ability to leech 1-12v as I please is an amazing thing. As long as im careful not to short it against the case, I can test everything in my case without any re-configuring my wires.

Back