Post your "rate my cables" here

I'm gonna be getting going with some schooling/classes for graphic/web design right away and then followed by a year long course for multimedia/3d animation.....gonna be runnin' an X2 4400+, moving to 1GB of ram for sure...staying with GSkill TCCD though, and the hard drives will be undergoing a BIG change. Currently I'm only running a single 80GB Maxtor SATA drive, because I'm gonna be seeing the gains more and more, I'm gonna be running 2x74GB Raptors in Raid0, and a 250GB Maxtor Maxline 16mb drive for backup/downloads.....exciting stuff....the rig will be all finished (hopefully) by the end of the year....X2 4400+ and an X900XT on water......*drools*.....the hard drive speed will kick some serious ass too.....can't wait to start kicking the $hit out of photoshop and 3ds max once the rig is done. :D :cool:

What about th iRam? Your system cant 'PWNSERS' without a good RAM drive for super fast swap space :D ( I know I'm getting one! )

WTF is with eveything having "i" before it now

if i remember correctly the compaq ipaq was the first thing to have that "i" as the first letter of the product

followed by the ipod

now theres too many "i*"s

Ajax said:

Got my silenX fans in there now.
So much quieter!
God it's nice now.

How's the air flow on theose silenX fans? I just saw someone taking about how nice they were a few days ago.

Ive been using Vantec Stealth 80mm fans, but according to the specs, the silenX should be quiter with better air flow............ if that's true, then they are nice.

towert7 said:
How's the air flow on theose silenX fans? I just saw someone taking about how nice they were a few days ago.

Ive been using Vantec Stealth 80mm fans, but according to the specs, the silenX should be quiter with better air flow............ if that's true, then they are nice.

They ARE very nice.....there are a few models of each...but the best 80mm is 14dBA and 28cfm...puts the Stealth to shame.

cornelious0_0 said:
They ARE very nice.....there are a few models of each...but the best 80mm is 14dBA and 28cfm...puts the Stealth to shame.

Hehe.. I'm using 3x120mm 14dBA 58cfm fans.
They're very nice.
Quiet too.
I'm probably exaggerating the noise a little by sandwiching my radiator but the temp drop is worth it. It's still nowhere near as loud as the delta and 2 addas..

so ajax, would you say its worth it to pay for those silenx to put in the case and on the radiator? cuz as you know, im gonna have that swifty setup soon + i need to hav mine quiet. i have a stealth now and it runs at full speed which is still : audible. liek i said the 2 loudest things are the vantec stealth 120 on exhaust and the nvsilencer. i cant believe im calling those 2 the loudest!

so, do i get the silenx? the coolermaster S12 on my cpu is pretty quiet tho.

8s.jpg

7s.jpg

5s.jpg

4s.jpg

3s.jpg

Other pics
http://home.comcast.net/~towert7/pics/comp/2s.jpg
http://home.comcast.net/~towert7/pics/comp/1s.jpg
http://home.comcast.net/~towert7/pics/comp/6s.jpg
Specs are in my sig.

I have mostly silent fans in there, so its mostly quite. The only real noise is comming from my PC P&C PSU, which puts out a lot of heat (its the hottest thing in the case I think).
At 100% load the cpu is at 37ºC with a room temp of 78ºF (25.5ºC).

I did'nt do any drilling, or removing extra wires from my PSU, but all in all i thought It came out half way decent, especially with all the things I have in there, and the connector placements on the motherboard (what a place to put a floppy drive connector).

I'de love to hear any suggestions that you might have.

~Thanks

cornelious0_0 said:
I'm gonna be getting going with some schooling/classes for graphic/web design right away and then followed by a year long course for multimedia/3d animation.....gonna be runnin' an X2 4400+, moving to 1GB of ram for sure...staying with GSkill TCCD though, and the hard drives will be undergoing a BIG change. Currently I'm only running a single 80GB Maxtor SATA drive, because I'm gonna be seeing the gains more and more, I'm gonna be running 2x74GB Raptors in Raid0, and a 250GB Maxtor Maxline 16mb drive for backup/downloads.....exciting stuff....the rig will be all finished (hopefully) by the end of the year....X2 4400+ and an X900XT on water......*drools*.....the hard drive speed will kick some serious ass too.....can't wait to start kicking the $hit out of photoshop and 3ds max once the rig is done. :D :cool:
Amen, brotha'! Can't wait to get pics of that bad boy! I'll be waiting!

lesman said:
Amen, brotha'! Can't wait to get pics of that bad boy! I'll be waiting!

Yeah, we'll see....I'm also looking at the option of overclocking a 520J in an SB83G5 and throwing in an X600Pro AIW or X800XT AIW for some more practicle capabilities.....until/unless an X900 AIW emerges. ;)

el rolio said:
so ajax, would you say its worth it to pay for those silenx to put in the case and on the radiator? cuz as you know, im gonna have that swifty setup soon + i need to hav mine quiet. i have a stealth now and it runs at full speed which is still : audible. liek i said the 2 loudest things are the vantec stealth 120 on exhaust and the nvsilencer. i cant believe im calling those 2 the loudest!

so, do i get the silenx? the coolermaster S12 on my cpu is pretty quiet tho.

I wouldn't say my case is 100% silent.
I run all of my fans at full speed and I have a ton of them. I'm willing to bet that if I went to a dual radiator with fans only on 1 side that it'd be quieter than the fan sandwich I have now.
As far as how much noise this thing makes, it's quiet. It's not silent but it's quiet.
I have a feeling the only thing I can hear in there is 1 of the 2 120's and the 2 80mm psu fans.

I wonder if my digital camera can even pickup the audio from this thing. It's a light whir and that's it. I have this computer in my bedroom as well and I have no problem sleeping with it on and I'm an incredibly light sleeper. I had to shut the damn thing off when I had those addas/deltas going full speed.

Ajax said:
I had to shut the damn thing off when I had those addas/deltas going full speed.

Good call, reminds me of when I had four 80mm Tornado's running as case fans in my first Lian-Li PC65B.....didn't bother with a fan controller 'till I "experienced" hitting the power button on that beast.....even at 7v they were all too much...I'll never do THAT again. ;)

Haha, sorry guys...but I'm up rank late planning things for my new case and decided to hit up the whole OC&Cooling forum and become as "active" as I used to be around here.

10,000 posts!!!!!

cornelious0_0 said:
Good call, reminds me of when I had four 80mm Tornado's running as case fans in my first Lian-Li PC65B.....didn't bother with a fan controller 'till I "experienced" hitting the power button on that beast.....even at 7v they were all too much...I'll never do THAT again. ;)
I think the worst fan experience I ever had was an 80mm delta that came with a thermalright copper block for my athlon 1800+(which I still have and still run at 2200+ speeds with that block). I did an experiment before I installed it. I took the fan off the block and put it on the table and then hooked it up to the PSU to power it up.
It proceeded to fly away.
The damn delta was so loud that there would've been no way for me to be around that thing at all. I quickly installed the stock athlon fan on that cooler and never looked back :b

I still have that delta somewhere.. In case of emergency or need for party entertainment.

Ajax said:
I still have that delta somewhere.. In case of emergency or need for party entertainment.

How would that entertain? :p

A little off topic though, lets see some more pics. :D

cornelious0_0 said:
How would that entertain? :p
You could watch it fly around the room!
...wait, thats not a bad idea. *begins thinking up plans for a batterypowered Delta fan/hovercraft*

Well I just got my PC P&C 510 Deluxe earlier today :D .. had to pay $39 for broker fees which I didn't mind since I had that in my wallet anyways and it's a lot less than I was thinking I might end up paying.

I'm also getting a Storm block although I don't think I will be installing that anytime soon, maybe when I move to the new apartment next month I will figure out some sort of mod that will allow me to externally cool the rad without the use of a second ugly case.

This time I will try to cable manage as much as I can ..

god speed to me ;)

Unknown-One said:
You could watch it fly around the room!
...wait, thats not a bad idea. *begins thinking up plans for a batterypowered Delta fan/hovercraft*
ill have to try that with the 120mm delta I got some wheres. 190cfm goodness at 53db and 3 amp draw! woo woo.

should have my case up after next paycheck, or find someones elses camera to use...

Archer1212 said:
ill have to try that with the 120mm delta I got some wheres. 190cfm goodness at 53db and 3 amp draw! woo woo.

I've had that same fan....a fricken monster.

Unplugging it from my parents comp with their generic 350W PSU locks the system. :p

Before:
9311-wires%201.JPG

9311-wires%202.JPG

After:
9311-wires%203.JPG

9311-wires%204.JPG

How I routed the wires.
9311-wires%206.JPG

Here is the ghetto modded northbridge cooler. I took the fan out of the crystal orb I got as hardware to buy Windows OEM. I took longer screws and screwed it into the MSI heatsink. It worked out perfectly and dropped the chipsets heat down at least 10-15C. Deffinetly worth it if your hottest part is the chpset.
9311%20northbridge%20wiring.jpg

ninethreeeleven said:
How I routed the wires.
9311-wires%206.JPG
What is that wire that makes a whole trip around the case in the bottom left?
Is that the power connector to the graphic card?
If it is, would'nt it look better putting it through the same hole that the SATA cable is going through now?

Other then that, looks good. Good job!

I had it a bit like that, for about 5 mins, it looks like crap sagging in the air. Much like how it looks in the before pics.

In reality its not seen at all really. The flash made the sleeving shine, and the case side (the lip for the side panel) hides it well.

i put mine through the center hole in my mobo.......after taking the screw out of course...

with the 90* connector on it its hardly noticeable...

verynice3234.JPG

Just recently got a new antec case, thought i would spiff things up by doing some cable management. Its not the best but im proud to say this is my handy work, would show you my before but its on my second hard drive which i cant get to right now

Not bad in that Antec bro...is it the SLK1650? I just bought that chasis a month or so ago for my parents comp. I'm selling my current setup to save for an Intel shuttle and LCD monitor...so I'm gonna be putting more time into this rig...might put their comp back in one of my crap cases and mod the Antec and sleeve everything. Hmm.....oh joy, another project. ;)

Sleeving is now becoming a consideration, i will most likely do it if i ever do a window mod to this. For now since it has no windows the only reason its organized is to keep my case temps low, my Athlon xp barton runs so hot

my mobile barton at 2.6 ghz didnt run that hot, but boy did it heat up my room, with a 5950 ultra it heated it up better then my prescott/6800U does i used to have to run my window unit ac 24/7.. with my prescott i never run it anymore because my room temp doesnt go past 80, but with the barton it would go up to 100, thats WITH central air running, yep had to get a window unit cuz my barton was too much for central air

ryuji said:
my mobile barton at 2.6 ghz didnt run that hot, but boy did it heat up my room, with a 5950 ultra it heated it up better then my prescott/6800U does i used to have to run my window unit ac 24/7.. with my prescott i never run it anymore because my room temp doesnt go past 80, but with the barton it would go up to 100, thats WITH central air running, yep had to get a window unit cuz my barton was too much for central air

wtf :eek: that system disipated maybe 200watts of heat, you are telling me it made your room temp go up 20f :eek: wtf?

maybe i had a wierd chip... i was feeding it 1.75v if that means anything and the 5950 ultra does draw more power then a 6800 ultra which also means it produces more heat its just most of its power was drawn from the 3.3v rail from the mobo, the molex was just to assist, that is why there wasnt beefy power requirments like the 6800 since almost everyones 3.3v rail is overrated for what is actualy needed, extremely clever if you ask me(proof of this is unplugging the molex, the card will still run and even game without the molex, just at reduced core speed to 375 mhz iirc)

Back