Post your "rate my cables" here

the funny part is i passively cooled that card, and it ran at just about the same temp as my friends passively cooled 6800 ultra(same heat sink) which is ~70-80C load damn good for a passive heat sink eh?

Here's My Comp, Built from the ground up by yours truely. Funding made possible by graduation gifts.I would love to hear what you guys think about it, Its my first Ground-up comp and is the computer listed in my Sig.

Picture019.jpg

that sleeving is huge, i looked at it fast and thought it was a vapochill hose sleeving is supposed to be tight not loose like that

is it just me or does he have two PSUs in that PC? i see one power cord go to the top and 1 to the bottom. your PC doesnt seem like it needs that much juice... or am i wrong?

chronic9 said:
is it just me or does he have two PSUs in that PC? i see one power cord go to the top and 1 to the bottom. your PC doesnt seem like it needs that much juice... or am i wrong?
He does or at least it looks like it ? :confused:

I will asume that PSU is to power extra stuff such as fans, hard drives, etc.. I've seen a few people do that with their stackers..

Yes, I have dual PSU's in there, I figured i have the room I might as well get them. And It was my first time with the sleeving I wasnt too sure what it should look like, thanks for the help.

Oh yeah, and the big one that looks loose isnt loose at all, Its incredibly tight.

Bigboy9247 said:
Yes, I have dual PSU's in there, I figured i have the room I might as well get them.

Umm...ok....but..........why??? I'm just really curious, because from what I see in that case, there's no NEED for two power supplies...and it'd clean up the look of the interior a lot to yank out the bottom one.

usually dual PSUs are good for redundent servers,extermely overclocked VGAs and maybe crazy cooling systems??

cornelious0_0 said:
Umm...ok....but..........why??? I'm just really curious, because from what I see in that case, there's no NEED for two power supplies...and it'd clean up the look of the interior a lot to yank out the bottom one.
He must have forgotten that the case mod forum is only for needed mods.

Looks good but please take the tag off the IDE cable. The blue matches nothing and it looks amateurish to leave it there.

Besides that it looks real nice and your wire management is right on :)

JL_Audio_User said:
Looks good but please take the tag off the IDE cable. The blue matches nothing and it looks amateurish to leave it there.

Besides that it looks real nice and your wire management is right on :)

agreed; the tags are really easy to get off too.

Boy, computers can sure look good when you don't put a ton of things in there ^_^.

Volkswagen, is there a reason you did'nt attach the SATA hard drive to a SATA connection much closer to the side of the motherboard, instead of dead in the middle?
If you could put it right near the hard drive, that would look quite a bit better.

Wow, I really like the black/yellow/red/silver color's........ they just go so good together in my eye.

How's that XP90 working out for you? keeping it nice and cool?

towert7 said:
Volkswagen, is there a reason you did'nt attach the SATA hard drive to a SATA connection much closer to the side of the motherboard, instead of dead in the middle?
If you could put it right near the hard drive, that would look quite a bit better.

well cuz its an nforce3 250GB socket 939 board, which means that for all the other boards based on that chipset, those SATA ports 3 and 4 are the ones that are locked (and incidentally not the native set). all of us, like those using the neo2 plat for instance have to use those ports. sucks but such is the case. i DID hear that on this new dfi board that came out a year after all the rest the native SATA ports 1&2 are fully locked but with the probs that board has i wouldnt trust it.

yeah that the reason because of the lock on that SATA ports

I will take that blue tag of the IDE Cable

the XP rocks keeps things pretty cool :)

Am glad you guys like it :p

I wonder if Concelious ( sory if i didnt spell it right) will paprovie it :p

heres my same ol case changed a few things...i need a bigger case as well with better airflow..but not now
( by the way im so over the lights and window phase..next case will have Black Fans and no window,my fans are led, but i ripped the led's out)

1.jpg

2.jpg

I cut that 1 3/8" hole using a punch my grandfather had from like 40 years ago. If you take a look at the hard drives, I rotated them around and did all the connections from the back. I have some green cable wrap coming and some black heatshrink that ill use on all the SATA and PATA cables, IDE cables, motherboard cables, and some of the power cables. I'll update later.

EDIT: Just realized that when I took the pic i forgot to screw in the hard drive cage.. take that with a grain of salt.

2uantuM, is that an XP90 or XP120? that fan looks just way to big to be a 92mm fan.
And do you like your thermalright XP?

It's an XP-120 with a 120mm medium speed Panaflo. I'm very satisfied with it. I'm gonna clean the wiring up some more once I get the the cable sleeving. I plan to mod the cdrom and floppy cages and run the PATA cables behind the cages and have them come in at a 90 degree angle into the motherboard. Hopefully, it will look sharp.

ya, I need to clean the HSF. whats the easiest way of cleaning it? Id rather not remove it but if I have to I will I guess.

In your case a 80 gallon air compressor :p j/k

I personally use an air compressor (make sure if you use one to have some type of air drier on it), but when Im lazy ill use the stuff in the can.

Here are some quick shots. I still don't know how to hide that ZALMAN fan cable on the VF700. I had it run next to the mobo but I was afraid that it would short something as it was touching so I moved it back to the front and along the bottom of the case. Any suggestions?

If its insulated feel free to run it under the mobo, just dont put to much strain accross the bottom of it.

i like the look of the zip-tied Tt NB cooler...and even though it's not perfect, the paintjob inside the stacker is alright.

Oh right...the wiring.....

.....eh.....the biggest thing that stands out to me is the ccfl at an angle there...would it really be that hard to have it going down along the board perfectly vertical? Other then that, even though the cable would be sticking out more....i still think it would look better if the ATX cable came out through that hole in the PSU cage and then down to the connector. The SATA cable looks like it could be pulled tighter...and it's too bad you don't have more slack on that fan, to run the cable under the board..and then out under it from the right side to the connector. you've done fairly well with the rounded cables...and it actually looks fairly orderly....but IMO it'd be better with black rounded IDE's.

cornelious0_0 said:
i like the look of the zip-tied Tt NB cooler...and even though it's not perfect, the paintjob inside the stacker is alright.

Oh right...the wiring.....

.....eh.....the biggest thing that stands out to me is the ccfl at an angle there...would it really be that hard to have it going down along the board perfectly vertical? Other then that, even though the cable would be sticking out more....i still think it would look better if the ATX cable came out through that hole in the PSU cage and then down to the connector. The SATA cable looks like it could be pulled tighter...and it's too bad you don't have more slack on that fan, to run the cable under the board..and then out under it from the right side to the connector. you've done fairly well with the rounded cables...and it actually looks fairly orderly....but IMO it'd be better with black rounded IDE's.

lol the zipties on the NB are acually temporary i have it wastercooled but i had to take it casue i need to get a ew pump for it for the 3rd time but yea cables are still amess casue i am in the progress of getting new things and what not still i hope to make it so you can't see any cables and those rounded caples are coming out as well most likely and the sata cable can't really be pulled tighter if tried but oh well thanks for the tips keep them coming guys i can use all the help

ill_killa said:
thanks for the tips keep them coming guys i can use all the help

Np...I enjoy helping others with their wiring.

I'm thinking that I might be working primarily/entirely with shuttles from now on...so there will be SOME wiring work i can do....there won't be nearly as much for me to take pride in. Oh well...that little PSU can still be ripped out and sleeved, and the box can be gussed up a bit...but I think for my next few full builds I'm gonna be looking at shuttle setups with minimal modding, with utter silence in mind.

Back