Post your "rate my cables" here

Transition said:
inside.jpg

Antec P160 / MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum / AMD 3000+ / WD Raptor / Radeon 9800 Pro w/ ATI Cooler / Zalman Heatsink / Crucial Ballistix RAM
Thats nice. What kind of case is that?

I cut a hole above the motherboard in the wall that blocked me from routing any of my cables behind my mobo. I tried to get some of that metal coating that they used on the rest of the case, but no luck at home depot, so for now I just used some ( i guess it's teflon...) tubing that was a huge pain in the ass to get on there because it's stiff. All in all it doesn't look too bad and it helped me clean up a lot. Sorry for some of the blurry pics, but up close with the flash on caused major glare.

Before:

100_0004%20(Medium).JPG

the hole:

100_0011%20(Medium).JPG

100_0013%20(Medium).JPG

After:

100_0009%20(Medium).JPG

100_0008%20(Medium).JPG

I'm getting a new psu in a few weeks which will be modular. This should help the routing process a little more. The only real problem that I had was that some of the cables were too short to route around the back of the motherboard and back up to the cd drives. Oh well, it's a lot better than it was.

Ibanez3434 said:
Not sure if you guys noticed, but niether of you are running dual channel on you RAM. Just thought I'de let you guys know as this is a common mistake.

Haha, no.....THAT is a common mistake.....that IS how you run dual channel in the Neo board, don't ask me why it's the exact opposite of any other board, but he is running DC on the Neo2. ;)

Ibanez3434 said:
Not sure if you guys noticed, but niether of you are running dual channel on you RAM. Just thought I'de let you guys know as this is a common mistake.
one is S754 so no dual channel, the other is a Neo Plat. and there memory slots are wierd, he may have it in dual channel

Nice job there ThirtySixBelow! If you're using WinXP you probably don't need those cables from your Audigy to your optical drives btw, or as an alternative you can switch the sound card one slot down and it's easier to hide 'em underneath it. Can probably nudge that SATA cable a bit more so it slides besides the far side of the drive cage, superb cleanup job though. Looks sweet.

vapb400 said:
one is S754 so no dual channel, the other is a Neo Plat. and there memory slots are wierd, he may have it in dual channel

The s754 explains teh first board, and yes....the Neo2 is weird.....and it IS running dual in that pic...with some very attractive ballistix I might add. :cool:

Impulse said:
Nice job there ThirtySixBelow! If you're using WinXP you probably don't need those cables from your Audigy to your optical drives btw, or as an alternative you can switch the sound card one slot down and it's easier to hide 'em underneath it. Can probably nudge that SATA cable a bit more so it slides besides the far side of the drive cage, superb cleanup job though. Looks sweet.
Thanks for the advise. I assumed that since it said so in the installation diagrams that I needed them :rolleyes:. As for the SATA cable it's pretty stiff, and i'm sure hot red wasn't the best for making it stand out, but that is what came with the mobo.

ryuji said:
ryu00005.JPG

ryu00006.JPG

updated pictures.... no suggestions on cleaning it up? :rolleyes: :(

You can drill a hole on your motherboard tray and feed the atx and video card power cables through. Pretty clean otherwise. maybe fix that cord comign out of your computer...heh i think thats for your video card fan

ubern00b15

looks really good. not much more you can do.

At this point all I can really say is to work on cleaning up the cables around the edge of the mobo tray a bit....but with the positioning of your PSU to mobo and whatnot there's not a lot else you can do with your ATX cable.....so yeah, it is darn near finished.

You could sleeve or at least zip-tie those case leads togethor to make it a bit nicer when the panel's off...

carlos seo said:
Suggestions, please?

As I tell everyone else.....the excess slack of cables coming from that PCI USB bracket (or whatever it is) can be easily tucked under your motherboard to start with.

I'm not QUITE sure what the couple molex's are for on the bottom of the case, but do as MUCH as you can to keep everything possible hidden behind the hard drive rack/cage...which includes both those molex connectors, and any excess cable that you've got around the drives themselves.

Do you think you could take a pic of the same thing with a flashlight pointing at the cables beside the 5.25" cage. The cables around there seem to be folded pretty decently and are all black so it blends togethor quite well....and doens't need a LOT of work....I just wanted a better pic of it if possible.

Oh, I now see that the molex(s) down on the bottom are for those meteor lights.....not sure how much you'd be able to do with those things unless you bought/made a 4pin extension cable or two to get the wires out of the way.

cornelious0_0 is always the first to show up! :)

Thanks for the advice!

About my firewire PCI bracket: I don't get it. How am I supposed to hide those wires under my mobo? I mean, the last bracket has some wires which goes to the back of my case (connections between my sound card and front plugs) and these I can hide under the motherboard. But the firewire bracket has two long cables which are connected to my motherboard just above my NIC. The only way I can think about hiding it is making a 'card sandwich' with that bracket (i.e. sound card then the firewire bracket then the NIC ). I'll try this when I get my Audigy2 ZS.

I couldn't actually see where some of those cables were going, but what I was getting at was to (where possible) tuck some of the cable slack under the mobo, so that the cables goes under the board, and then comes back out again, istead of having all that slack laying on teh bottom of the case.

carlos seo said:
cornelious0_0 is always the first to show up! :)

Thanks for the advice!

About my firewire PCI bracket: I don't get it. How am I supposed to hide those wires under my mobo? I mean, the last bracket has some wires which goes to the back of my case (connections between my sound card and front plugs) and these I can hide under the motherboard. But the firewire bracket has two long cables which are connected to my motherboard just above my NIC. The only way I can think about hiding it is making a 'card sandwich' with that bracket (i.e. sound card then the firewire bracket then the NIC ). I'll try this when I get my Audigy2 ZS.

I don't get it ... do people actually use it ? I haven't installed it myself and see no reason to so it's sitting there in my mobo box. If you don't need it don't connect it is what i think :D

battlestargadica said:
ubern00b15

looks really good. not much more you can do.

thanks dude........I dont really spend as much time as I used to, but it still looks nice for not having a window

cornelious0_0 said:
At this point all I can really say is to work on cleaning up the cables around the edge of the mobo tray a bit....but with the positioning of your PSU to mobo and whatnot there's not a lot else you can do with your ATX cable.....so yeah, it is darn near finished.

You could sleeve or at least zip-tie those case leads togethor to make it a bit nicer when the panel's off...

what do you mean by case leads?

Think he meant cable leads, unless they were port cables from the case... either way, you get the picture.

Dudeyourlame said:
...your paint job looks like Crud dude what happened :(
yea..it got beat up... need to repaint it but i am waiting untill i finish the cabling

battlestargadica said:
You can drill a hole on your motherboard tray and feed the atx and video card power cables through. Pretty clean otherwise. maybe fix that cord comign out of your computer...heh i think thats for your video card fan
side panel fan
DSC00010.jpg

old image but gets the point across

video card and atx cables...there super tight right now i would need to extend them somhow to be able to have enough slack to pull them through the motherboard tray.. i have thought of doing it tho its just i dont think its a good idea to solder extensions to those wires

My first post here, and decided to post something useful to contribute to an on going thread :)

had to make the images smaller.

My new Cooler Master Praetorian case.

Nothing fancy here, no side window or CCFL's. Except for the fact that I jumped from regular ribbon cables to rounded IDE cables. The blue ones are made by thermaltake, and the one silver floppy cable is made by Cooler Master.

Suggestions and comments are welcome :p

dsc000312rn.jpg

dsc000241id.jpg

dsc000285rb.jpg

dsc000324fv.jpg

:: I also want to know if its safe to remove the speaker at the bottom of the case?

Specs in case anyone cares:

Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP2
Intel Pentium 4 2.8 GHZ (533 MHZ FSB)
Intel 865GBF 800 MHZ Motherboard
Kingston 512MB PC2700 DDR333
WD 80GB 7200 RPM
ATI Radeon 9200SE 128MB
Creative Sound Blaster Live 5.1
BenQ CDRW 52x32x52
LG 16x DVD±RW (Dual Layer)
BenQ 17" LCD FP731
Altec Lansing 2.1 2100 Speakers

======

Images courtesy of ImageShack

(http://www.imageshack.us) :)

At Chistmas time I put in a new M/B and SCSI controller. I also started making a much larger case for myself (oops I digress here)... but I added 7 more hardrives and just can't fit them all in my case so I just said &%$# it! Should only look like this for a couple more weeks 'till the new case is done but thought you'd enjoy the Christmas day hangover wiring job!

wiremess2withnotes5vd.jpg

If Corn sees that I think he'll have a stroke....

Anyways...here are updated pics of my Praetorian...this should revivve him ( or her :p )

cimg00043yr.jpg

Circuitbreaker8 said:
If Corn sees that I think he'll have a stroke....

Anyways...here are updated pics of my Praetorian...this should revivve him ( or her :p )

Haha, yeah....I damn near did fall out of my chair when I scrolled up and started to "unveil" the mess.

Good stuff with your CM bro....and it's him. ;)

daks001 said:
At Chistmas time I put in a new M/B and SCSI controller. I also started making a much larger case for myself (oops I digress here)... but I added 7 more hardrives and just can't fit them all in my case so I just said &%$# it! Should only look like this for a couple more weeks 'till the new case is done but thought you'd enjoy the Christmas day hangover wiring job!

http://img161.exs.cx/img161/7129/wiremess2withnotes5vd.jpg]

kinda funny to see a nice looking psu and then THE DUSTIEST FANS ive seen in a while lol.. sorry man but its Fugly

Dudeyourlame said:
kinda funny to see a nice looking psu and then THE DUSTIEST FANS ive seen in a while lol.. sorry man but its Fugly

Haha, good call....except I've got some fans I'm running in my parents comp that tops those bad boys. ;) :p

Back