Post your "rate my cables" here

Did some cleaning up, and finally took a pic of the "business" end of it. Looks good to me tho!

002ywj.jpg

004ewf.jpg

006gqs.jpg

It's a canyon 595.

Which is a Lian Li customized for that seller :D. It is something inbetween X-500 and X-100 (but not X-900).
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811215014
http://www.lian-li.com/v2/en/product/product06.php?pr_index=260&cl_index=1&sc_index=25&ss_index=62

The only thing "Canyon" has to do with that case that it uses it's brand name, they decided at what price to market it and who will sell it. And that is pretty much all they have to do with that case :).

yeah which is why i got confused, i think the x500/900 are great cases

My Helios machine (in the signature). Hehehe...

(Click on the thumbnails)

I store an extra SATA cable and tuck away an extra SATA power cable that is connected already up in the top left corner where there is a small access panel. Just in case I need to plug in a bare drive. (Pictured in the first photo).

IMG_0138.jpg

IMG_0135.jpg

IMG_0140.jpg

and yes, i am using the reset button for the power button because corsair send me a defective front panel!!

This case was definitely not made for cabling in mind, but at $35 new I can't complain.

What a mess! and you could do a lot better with a little work. Cases don't have to be $200 in order to have good cable management.

What a mess! and you could do a lot better with a little work. Cases don't have to be $200 in order to have good cable management.

^^^this. Man, I could do wonders with that case. Right now, it looks lake the cable factory threw up all over your rig. lol

^ harsh, but.. love hurts. you may need to extend here and there, some zip ties here and there, it can be done.

In cases where there are no cable management holes, the key is routing everything between the motherboard and the backplane which can be difficult.

In cases where there are no cable management holes, the key is routing everything between the motherboard and the backplane which can be difficult.

But it looks like there is room behind his mobo tray, the bottom left of the pic looks like there is a cable routing hole and there looks to be a couple cables back there. Look close.

Yeah looked on a Newegg and there is a cutout for thean after market heat sink and definitely looks like SOME cable management options.

Its the same case on the inside as my old blitz case, There isnt any room behind the tray for psu cables but it can be tidied up a bit.

that and a drill with a hole bore to the mobo mount plate can do wonders. Just did that to mine before the paint. Pics soon to come after its finished ^_^

You need cable management holes to keep thing tidy? Orly?

mA15Yh.jpg

aOUKeh.jpg

AplIP.jpg

some old builds.

here's my latest one. still a WIP, waiting on hsf+some other goodies.

76Ygj.jpg

Hi there!
I'm a newbie in [H]ard Forum, I saw many cases here and they're very sexy :cool:
My HP Workstation case does not have any cable management at all, but here it is....:D

a0784afb822fb17a474276af45b71a30_38238332.dsc038931.jpg

^ Very neat. One thing you can do is flip the drives around so the cables are behind them. CPU is cooled passively?

^ Very neat. One thing you can do is flip the drives around so the cables are behind them. CPU is cooled passively?

Thanks man! The drives can not flip around, caused by bracket design :( I am thinking about using a cover to hide the cables :)
Yeah, my CPU is cooled passively (it's i3-2100) :D

Last edited:
Here is a system I moved recently into a Corsair 500R. It's a fun case to work with and has lots of cable management options.

My new build. I want to eventually sleeve all the cables and then bind the power cables into perfect wire groups with extensive routing and turns/radius with "raceways", but we'll see... Kinda rushed this one, could have done a better wiring job if I wasn't flipping out over how hard it was to bend PSU power cables......

Corsair 650D
Corsair AX850 PSU
Intel 2600k @ 4.6GHz (Corsair H100 Liquid Cooler, can do 5.0GHz, but I need to watch voltages if I want to even consider 24/7)
ASUS Sabertooth P67 Motherboard
Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 RAM
Corsair Force 4 120GB SSD
NVIDIA GTX460 1GB x2 (SLI)
Creative X-Fi Sound Card

... and no, I didn't get a sponsorship for that that Corsair gear, but i wish, lol.

60FPS in BF3 on Ultra. Unreal, such a step up from my Q6600. Can't wait to get some real graphics cards once the GTX680s or GTX780s are out.

Last edited:
Sabertooth looks amazing in an all black interior case... now I want a new mobo even more (have awful oc issues with mine currently).

This is BEFORE any attempt at cable management. I must say I hate this case... but I love it at the same time. So confined. No easy way to route cables. Ugh... But I've got a pocket full of zipties and those stick-on tie-down things that will hopefully clean things up a little later. But for now, here it is. There is a 6970 hidden somewhere in there...
IMAG0624.jpg

This is my previous computer.
I7 860 with Corsair H60
Gigabyte P55A UD4P
Gskill Sniper 1333@1600mhz 2x4gb
img0857p.jpg

Now I have
I7 2600k with Corsair H100
Asus P8Z68 V-pro
Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz 2x4GB

Will updated as soon as I clean the dust inside the case, and will also change the mesh for a plexy window to avoid serious amounts of dust coming in to the Sniper Case.

New to the forums.

Current Build:
i5 2500k @ 3.30
16 gb ddr3
EVGA Nvidia Geforce 570 hd
Asus P8p67LE

IMG_0062.jpg

IMG_0063.jpg

IMG_0064.jpg

advice is always welcome.

sorry for the small pics.

i7-2600k 3.40 Ghz OC to 4.8 Ghz cooled by a CoolerMaster V6 GT
(2) EVGA GTX 470 1280MB DDR5
8GB (2x4GB) G.Skill DDR3 1066
Force Series 3 Corsair 120GB SSD

hope you guys like my awesome cable management skills

2012-01-15_20-09-23_170.jpg

Last edited:
lol terrible, clean that thing up

though thats about as clean as i have gotten any of my builds

Thanks man! The drives can not flip around, caused by bracket design :( I am thinking about using a cover to hide the cables :)
Yeah, my CPU is cooled passively (it's i3-2100) :D

Please dont waste time or money on this case anymore... lol. You have a great cable management talent though. If your in Oregon ill give you a CM690 JUST so you wont put anymore into this case... :p

Here's mine. Its not the best ever, and it was really hard to hide the thermal sensor cables since I wanted to run the sensors to different places than normal cables run (top of the CPU Heatsink, bottom of the heatsink, air temp at the front of the case and air temp near the rear exhaust.)

IMG_2299.jpg

And now after installing the Thermaltake TR2 RX 1000W PSU to allow me enough PCI-E connectors for SLI. Let me know what you think.

2012-01-16_18-23-55_358-2.jpg

Last edited:
Back