Post your "rate my cables" here

While I am not a cable artist like some of you, I do like to come here and check what you are doing from time to time. Get some great ideas.

I should dig out some old photos from back in the late 90's...

Here is the latest of my Lian Li PC-A05B.

jybT4.jpg

I am pretty proud of it :p

Very nice! You should be proud. That's a lot of hardware and wire in a tiny space. You pulled it off very well.

Every time you show your rig off DarthBeavis I get sooo jealous. It's hands down the best rig I've ever seen. You win [H]ardforum IMO. Don't get me started on your hard drive space, fuck that's media server heaven right there. XD

Every time you show your rig off DarthBeavis I get sooo jealous. It's hands down the best rig I've ever seen. You win [H]ardforum IMO. Don't get me started on your hard drive space, fuck that's media server heaven right there. XD

thanks but there are tons of killer rigs here.

Still waiting on my HD 6970 to arrive, but here is a sneak peak.

waiting on the case:
de8e9dc8.jpg

Case arrived!

b941372b.jpg

ed7d8b3b.jpg

one with the flash to highlight the bad parts

a1220d2b.jpg

Better sleeving, black sata cables and split loom coming soon.

i hate ribbon cables :(

for the cheapest case out there it does have damn good cable management though.
HPIM2704.jpg

Lurker here. Decided to post up a pic of my build. Had the parts for about a month and just got the case in yesterday.

web.jpg

Lurker here. Decided to post up a pic of my build. Had the parts for about a month and just got the case in yesterday.

web.jpg

This looks really clean and tidy :eek:

Where's your optical drive? can't see any.

A picture of the back cable management would be welcome ;)

super clean build man.

that "thermal armor" over the mobo really clean its up.

good work.

Here is my build. The case is an NZXT Phantom (which I absolutely hate, and I'm getting rid of it soon). The wires in the lower right are the wires to the fans in the sidepanel (hate sidepanel fans). I have tidied them a bit after I took this picture, but nothing special really. The specs are in my sig :)

imag0117i.jpg

imag0130y.jpg

Last edited:
dont those 6950s get hot dont they being so close together?

dont those 6950s get hot dont they being so close together?

It's actually not so bad. While gaming they usually remain at 65c. At full load they top at max 80. I have looked around for some VGA coolers, but nothing (that I have found) fits such a tight crossfire.

EDIT: But that's with MSI Afterburner, where 1c == 1% fanspeed. So at 70c it's annoyingly loud - all the more reason to find some coolers.

Thanks all. The case makes it very easy to hide the cables. Corsair did an excellent job with this model, everything just seems laid out really well.

The cables in the back are a mess, nothing to be proud of or worth sharing there :).

No optical drive. Kinda pointless nowadays I think. I have a USB one when I need it, but that was only to install Windows and SC2 (which can be DLed remotely anyway). Everything else is pretty much from Steam or other online sources. I haven't had to use one since the initial setup and I can just plug in the USB one I have laying around.

Your NZXT Phantom looks pretty nice (at least from the interior shots). Seems similar enough in terms of layout to my Corsair, which I think is great. Why don't you like it?

Like the others have said, those GPUs are pretty close to one another. I think there are a few vents along the edge of the cooler to pull in air, but I bet they get pretty warm.

Nice job with the cables. Sleeve those fan cables though!

It's still useful to share the backside. Right now the side of my case bulges a little bit; the Seasonic X750 cables are a bit too think. Going to re-do the layout tomorrow and see if I can improve that any.

Your NZXT Phantom (...) Why don't you like it?

I mainly dislike the quality of the build,
- It's very plastic-like and feels very fragile under transport.
- The fan-controller hardly does anything.
- One fan broke a day after I got it (a blade came off).
- The cooling-layout is too focused around the hard-drives.
- In a case not meant for watercooling, five 5.25 drive bays is just a waste of space.
- You can only use the NZXT 200mm fans in the top since no other brands fits.
- The rear exhaust-fan is placed too high, dis-aligning it from the CPU, and making mounting a H70 etc. difficult or in some cases impossible without modding.
- No real place to mount an internal radiator - they give these two flimsy brackets for a 240, but I wouldn't trust my rig with NZXT quality.

But I really liked your build. The Corsair is quite nice. If it could use 120/140 mm fans in the front, I would probably consider getting it :) Atm I'm quite keen on the Fractal Arc Midi, but I'm a bit concerned with the overall quality. Maybe I should just go straight to Lian Li :p

Yes. 6.

This case is amazing. and that mesh is also tough enough to support water cooling rads.

It has grommeted holes for tubing on the back, and up top there is room for 2x140's as well as 2x120's spaced for watercooling.

This case is a seriously heavy hitter.

It looks like an improved version of CoolerMaster's CM690 II Advanced.

I like! Will keep an eye out for this one.

xLslS.jpg

uhDqa.jpg

KToiF.jpg

The Zalman Z9 Plus isn't the best of cases but it did pretty well in accommodating my non-modular TX650W, for a midtower.

I'm not the best cable artist out here but I figured it wouldn't hurt to submit mine.

Right now my 2 1.5tb HD's are getting read to be RMA'd with seagate and I've got an intel gigabit nic coming to fill in the missing PCI cover. I'll update later if it's worth it.

this was my very first build..ive had many OEM pc's,and just got sick of the lack of upgradeability..so heres mine.

DCFC0009.jpg

DCFC0001.jpg

DCFC0002.jpg

DCFC0003.jpg

DCFC0010.jpg

DCFC0011.jpg

Last edited:
this was my very first build..ive had many OEM pc's,and just got sick of the lack of upgradeability..so heres mine.

Thank you! Now I know what my two TwinFrozr's in CrossFire will look like when I decide to go that route. Granted, I have AMD and you have nVidia.

Thank you! Now I know what my two TwinFrozr's in CrossFire will look like when I decide to go that route. Granted, I have AMD and you have nVidia.

Looks like its going to break off, reminds me of the old GTX285's in SLi without the plastic shroud over the HSF.

259916_2158168956700_1320795672_2598824_1629408_n.jpg

Still haven't done the 24, so it's just kinda chillin'.

And I didn't just "Sweep the cables under the rug" either, behind is managed as well (minus fans, those are temporary).
263624_2158177676918_1320795672_2598840_6860028_n.jpg

Last edited:
Back