Post your "rate my cables" here

_DSC7284-2.jpg

_DSC7288-2.jpg

I'm having trouble cleaning up those sata cables, they are really stiff because of the shielding inside, and I can't flip the drives because they will hit the back side and break the PCB... Almost killed a drive testing it, it worked before when I had angled connectors!
ATX connector is zip tied to the rear fan, so it's not going anywhere. Normally I have these kinds of configurations where the ATX connector is located behind the cpu-cooler, but I couldn't afford a more expensive board at the moment, will upgrade later.

edit: oh yeah, the light is supposed to be green... didn't care to fix the white balance.

edit 2: added a nother picture.

http://content.screencast.com/users/Trieu/folders/Jing/media/6b386811-b60b-4e65-9c9d-2db397003ff9/2008-10-23_0044.png
Oh yeah, that looks real safe, a power supply on a FUCKING CARPET. I'm sorry but you sir are an idiot. You may want to rethink what you have done, maybe buy a different case, or fit the stuff you have in that one, as there is PLENTY of room. Honestly where did you come up with the ingenious idea to put a power supply on a fucking carpet????

I'm down with freaking the fuck out. That is almost as bad as what will happen when the large hadron collider forms black holes and sucks our universe into it! :rolleyes:

Maybe you should read ? He said :

hahaha thats my buddy, funny thing is that his systems been done for months

So idiot is not vegetto714, but his friend, if someone is idiot at all.

Maybe you should read ? He said :

hahaha thats my buddy, funny thing is that his systems been done for months

So idiot is not vegetto714, but his friend, if someone is idiot at all.

If you going to call someone out for not reading maybe you should read it, a different person said that was my buddy so as far as we know that's still vegetto714. :rolleyes:

Stop crying about someone else's build and let's get back to posting. Whoopdee, we know it's a crap ass wiring job, don't need an entire page dedicated to calling it out. Next candidate plz :D

earm wins as far as the inside of the case goes, but the wiring on the outside? LMAO!

so true :)
nice job theough earm - ill put mine up soon so you can all have a laugh - it looks like a rasta fell into a vat of plastic and crawled in there to die.

i think of it as "productive" - ill always have something to do on my pc when its raining and i cant go out. im saving it for a day like that ;)

just have to say guys that atm i've read up to page 81 - these sticky's really do give me insiration and something to do for the long hours where noone breaks anything at work.

cheers and happy modding - good job to the lot of you, ill post mine when i have done them :)

Here's all I've got to show for now...just the initial setup of my new Silverstone TJ08 with the Silverstone Strider 750W modular PSU, could be better, but next step is to start hacking up the interior of the case to make improvements:

Topic says, rate my cables!

Rate: -1

:D

Easy does it folks! Whether it is a joke or a mid-build pic, it's only a pic.

I myself would love to get my hands on it for an hour or so, looks like hella lotta fun to clean up. Nice parts.

I'm having trouble cleaning up those sata cables, they are really stiff because of the shielding inside, and I can't flip the drives because they will hit the back side and break the PCB... Almost killed a drive testing it, it worked before when I had angled connectors!
ATX connector is zip tied to the rear fan, so it's not going anywhere. Normally I have these kinds of configurations where the ATX connector is located behind the cpu-cooler, but I couldn't afford a more expensive board at the moment, will upgrade later.

No matter how stiff the sata cables are, it looks like they will bundle up nicely and tuck under the drives as a group. Then, bundle them again as the connect to the drives.

If you used the bottom drive bay instead of the top, you may be able to run the HD power cables in the behind, then down the front to connect to each drive.

Example:

3dscn4486smw7.jpg

Just gather them all flat together and ziptie them. As they come out to the drives, gather them again all flat together and ziptie them just below the first drive they attach to.

Nice! I've been looking at that LP Jr, wish it was a little less $ because it is one hell of a sweet mATX board. No way I am gonna fork out a full size board price for a mATX though. Still, you never know, if you must have a mATX and need the best performance... I see little other choices on the market.

I really like the TJ08, used one for a retired lady client. Looks so sweet and elegant on her desk. I just wish they were nicer inside or all aluminum. If I got one for myself, I'd paint the inside and loose the HD drive bay -- putting the HD in a 5.25 adapter. It would open up the interior making it look cleaner, maybe improve airflow a bit (airflow is already great).

What plans do you have for yours?

Here's all I've got to show for now...just the initial setup of my new Silverstone TJ08 with the Silverstone Strider 750W modular PSU, could be better, but next step is to start hacking up the interior of the case to make improvements:

No matter how stiff the sata cables are, it looks like they will bundle up nicely and tuck under the drives as a group. Then, bundle them again as the connect to the drives.

If you used the bottom drive bay instead of the top, you may be able to run the HD power cables in the behind, then down the front to connect to each drive.

Example:

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/8669/3dscn4486smw7.jpg

Just gather them all flat together and ziptie them. As they come out to the drives, gather them again all flat together and ziptie them just below the first drive they attach to.

Yes, that may be something to try out. I didn't really bother testing since they are really stiff (not like those red ones you have, mine are REALLY stiff). But I'll try it out! And I'll try to run the SATA-power cable on top of the top drive to hide it a bit more (if there's enough cable for it)

What HSF is that on there?

Awesome work! Hope she appreciates it!

It's a Coolermaster GeminII heatsink. Usually, you will see (2) 120mm fans bolted on.. However, my wife's power supply was simply too big to allow (2) 120mm fans. So, I took off the bracket and used (4) very small zip ties and secured (1) 120mm fan directly to the heatsink. Temps are still VERY good as that fan moves about 89cfm.

I spent the afternoon today, working on my new Lian Li PC-A05B (bought two of them - one for me and one for my wife). I had to mod the front lower plastic bezel but I managed to get my friggin monsterous Enermax Galaxy 1K psu in this little case!

DSCN0969.jpg

DSCN0976.jpg

Nice! I've been looking at that LP Jr, wish it was a little less $ because it is one hell of a sweet mATX board. No way I am gonna fork out a full size board price for a mATX though. Still, you never know, if you must have a mATX and need the best performance... I see little other choices on the market.

I really like the TJ08, used one for a retired lady client. Looks so sweet and elegant on her desk. I just wish they were nicer inside or all aluminum. If I got one for myself, I'd paint the inside and loose the HD drive bay -- putting the HD in a 5.25 adapter. It would open up the interior making it look cleaner, maybe improve airflow a bit (airflow is already great).

What plans do you have for yours?

I've got a number of cuts that I want to do to the interior to improve my wiring to start with. Once the cuts are done I will be removing the 3.5" drive cage, my hard drive is already mounted in the 5.25" cage but it's ghetto at the moment and I'll be doing it up properly eventually.

The interior is definitely getting painted and I'm also designing an internal watercooling loop for the CPU as well...should be nice.

Woah!

I still have Epos an 8KDA, not the +.

Can't force myself to part with it! Easily does 325MHz FSB with a Sempy 3000 (I think) in it. I liked the temperature and voltage sensor report at POST, I wish more new boards did that.

I agree with you... a very good mobo.. very stable, high quality, the display was nice... the Sensor is present today in some boards, but I´d like to see it in more board too...

I've got a number of cuts that I want to do to the interior to improve my wiring to start with. Once the cuts are done I will be removing the 3.5" drive cage, my hard drive is already mounted in the 5.25" cage but it's ghetto at the moment and I'll be doing it up properly eventually....

If you look at the pic(s) above, I also removed my HDD cage. My HDD is sitting in a HDD cooler, just under my CD/DVD-ROM drive. My airflow has improved as well.

DSCN0972.jpg

I just wanted to post a comparison of my first wiring job to my current one. I found it kind of funny.
Here is what abspc sent me: (minus the thermaltake heatsink, that I installed.
IMGP1110.jpg

This is what my wiring was like went I built my first computer. Same specs as the old one in my sig I think, maybe a little bit different.
IMGP2075.jpg

This is what it looks like now, the NEW one in my sig though. Same case.
PA040255.jpg

Yeah, I posted it already but I just wanted a laugh :D

My old computer is in my moms room in an antec 900, I will try to take pics later of my wiring job... I did it the other night, it looks decent but that case is horrible for routing wires. There is nowhere to hide them. NOWHERE! You can't route them behind the drive bays, as there is no "behind the drive bays", you can't hide them on the back of the case, because there is noway to route them there. Whatever, I'll show my progress so far.

Good lord, that is sweet! I like compact systems as much as full blown enthusiast systems. Great work. Holy crap that PSU is overkill! Nice job fitting it!

It's a Coolermaster GeminII heatsink. Usually, you will see (2) 120mm fans bolted on.. However, my wife's power supply was simply too big to allow (2) 120mm fans. So, I took off the bracket and used (4) very small zip ties and secured (1) 120mm fan directly to the heatsink. Temps are still VERY good as that fan moves about 89cfm.

I spent the afternoon today, working on my new Lian Li PC-A05B (bought two of them - one for me and one for my wife). I had to mod the front lower plastic bezel but I managed to get my friggin monsterous Enermax Galaxy 1K psu in this little case!

DSCN0969.jpg

DSCN0976.jpg

My weekend initial build of PC-V350... Not really a nice result, but so far it doesn't make problem with temperatures. Maybe if i will get more time i will rewire it :

p1000614smallpm5.jpg

p1000616smallzf8.jpg

You probably don't see the Xonar DX between graphics card and CPU cooler, or T-Balancer bigNG "glued" to inner side of front panel using Alphacool Velcro.

Awesome satisfaction, isn't it?

Frusterating in a case that is difficult to achieve perfection, but sometimes you have to say "Good enough" and just enjoy the system.

I have an Antec 300 that seems a bit better with the cable stash, but it still has a wad of cables in plain view. They don't interfer with the airflow, and since there is no window in the side panel, it doesn't bother me when I use it in games and get 200+ FPS. Temps are great, the case is an amazing performer for it's price. It just looks like shit to peeps like us. Friends of mine think it looks great! Bah!

I just wanted to post a comparison of my first wiring job to my current one. I found it kind of funny.
Here is what abspc sent me: (minus the thermaltake heatsink, that I installed.
IMGP1110.jpg

This is what my wiring was like went I built my first computer. Same specs as the old one in my sig I think, maybe a little bit different.
IMGP2075.jpg

This is what it looks like now, the NEW one in my sig though. Same case.
PA040255.jpg

Yeah, I posted it already but I just wanted a laugh :D

My old computer is in my moms room in an antec 900, I will try to take pics later of my wiring job... I did it the other night, it looks decent but that case is horrible for routing wires. There is nowhere to hide them. NOWHERE! You can't route them behind the drive bays, as there is no "behind the drive bays", you can't hide them on the back of the case, because there is noway to route them there. Whatever, I'll show my progress so far.

Small form factor cases are always tough and time consuming. What I see here though, is HSF sweetness and quality case metal, that I don't really see the mess of wires. It isn't that bad really, and will clean up een more.

My weekend initial build of PC-V350... Not really a nice result, but so far it doesn't make problem with temperatures. Maybe if i will get more time i will rewire it :

p1000614smallpm5.jpg

p1000616smallzf8.jpg

You probably don't see the Xonar DX between graphics card and CPU cooler, or T-Balancer bigNG "glued" to inner side of front panel using Alphacool Velcro.

I have always wanted to dive into a SFF build but never have the extra cash to put into it, but yours my friend is pretty descent.

I have always wanted to dive into a SFF build but never have the extra cash to put into it, but yours my friend is pretty descent.

Well, it all started by the fact that i bought a LP2475w. HD4850 was a bit weak for 1920x1200, so i bought a HD4870 for my gaming PC. Now i had a spare HD4850 and a spare monitor. What to do ? Buy the rest and build a LAN Party Box ! :D

So it is :
Intel E5200
Noctua NH-C12P (don't ask where the fan from the cooler is, unfortunately it has been destroyed by my mistake)
2x2GB Patriot DDR2 800MHz 5-5-5-12
Asus P5QL-EM
Sapphire HD4850 with Thermalright T-Rad2 & 2x Noctua NH-B9
Asus Xonar DX
T-Balancer bigNG fan controller (at inner side of the front panel of the case)
WD6401AALS
LG DVD Drive
2x Enermax Magma 12cm fan
1x Nexus 12cm fan (on CPU)
Corsair HX520 (because this is the cheapest quallity modular PSU here)

Here's how I stuffed everything in :D

img3126ms3.jpg

img3088qt2.jpg

img3078oz9.jpg

img3081hy6.jpg

The only wires that are just hanging around are the ones for the fans so I can remove and clean the fans easily.
I'm thinking of getting some red PrimoChill spiral junk to wrap the black water tubes... and I absolutely must do something about the stock cooler for the graphics card, too loud.
I'm just messing around, trying to see which way I like everything.

Nice WC setup!! Small, but does the job. You should get another 1gig x 2 and put in their to finish the look.

and OH MY GOSH, those stock XFX fan are so loud! Its the loudest fan in my system.. on my 7600gt though :)

Here's a new shot of my TJ08 with my new Asus GTX260 installed and wiring cleaned up slightly:

I plan on running the PCI-E cables under the mobo in the future but it worked out pretty sweet as is for now. :cool:

You'd have to cut the sleeve off and flatten the cables out so they can go under the mobo without bulging it. Tower cases are so much easier to work/manage :D

You'd have to cut the sleeve off and flatten the cables out so they can go under the mobo without bulging it. Tower cases are so much easier to work/manage :D

I should have said under the mobo tray...not mobo...sry for that.

I don't mind the TJ08 at all, with the modular PSU it's actually pretty easy to go from point A-B, I'd rather have a harder time wiring it in the cramped space myself...seems like more of an accomplishment getting a tiny little mATX case wired just as clean as some of the best mid/full tower systems.

And wouldn't the video card be better on the top slot? From the looks of it, half the airflow of the front intake fan is exhausted directly out thanks to the big gap between the CPU and GPU. The CPU fan doesn't intake all of the air from the front fan; just seems a bit like a waste of airflow : \

Not really wasted, it was intentional. The CPU is a couple degrees cooler with the GTX260 further away from it. The card is still getting cooled very well by the fron intake, GPU temps are lower then I expected.

I don't plan on changing the cooler on the GTX260 anytime soon, and with the card in the lower slot I have room for an HR-05 SLI on the northbridge.

I'm gonna be putting thermalright heatsinks on the mosfets/memory/NB but the regular HR-05 won't fit with the Ultima-90 installed. It actually works out better with the HR-05 SLI because it will hang down and be right in the middle of the airflow from the front intake fan.

I run the system with the panel off for now and even during Prime95 @ 4GHz 1.4v I never hit higher then 57c on either core...so I'm not to worried about the CPU temps.

I'm enjoying the low noise levels of the Silverstone 120mm fans and my low speed 95mm on the CPU, but I'm still used to more fan noise so I'm replacing all three fans and moving into the 30-35dBa range, which is what I'm more used to. Not onlt will this help my CPU/NB/case temps, but it'll also let me ramp up the GTX260's fan (to match the noise of the other fans) and get more of an OC out of it as well.

All in all I'm really excited to see how e erything turns out, and I've got a decent number of mods and a nice paintjob planned for the case as well, gonna be nice!

Back