Post your pc screen shots!

i was wondering if anyone can help me out here... i was bored one day and checked out all 106 pages of this thread and a few desktops caught my eye and i would like to get a copy of the higher res version or the orig link of these desktops..

image21nv.jpg

image4a0do.jpg

any help would be great... thanks

Here is my Updated one with my new Acer AL2032WA. Notice the 2 CPU graphs :D I also just got my Opteron 170.

how do you get that little bar that is centered on the top of your desktop with all those icons. i know it is a stupid question but i never knew what it was. where do yall get it from

BG.jpg

Its a fresh install as of a few days ago. Been too tired/lazy to do anything elaborate. Its simple, clean, and minimalistic so it suits my tastes quite well.

TSS Modder said:
background and dock icons please? :)

TIA

Background
Dock Icons I had to make the icons for the clock and the graph to make them match...
Theme If you don't like the way it changes the common tasks in the shell, get rid of the Shell folder that goes with the theme. The start bar is the "Full Alt Start" scheme...

desktop_blueflame.jpg

My work-workstation. 2 x nothing special CRT's. The co-workers think it's ubergeeky, but my boss is envious. I think that's the shit.

workstation_home.jpg

The home workstation desktop, same visual style.

DevilDoc, two things. What is that Visual Style and who is the little guy on the second monitor, top-middle, that looks like it might be dancing or something like that?

jbog91 said:
DevilDoc, two things. What is that Visual Style and who is the little guy on the second monitor, top-middle, that looks like it might be dancing or something like that?

The visual style is RacerX Minimal, with Blue Icons from the RacerX Full pack.
Here's one version from DeviantArt and here's a link to the Full RacerX themes from which I used the icons for the My Computer, IE and shiznit....

The little green dancing dude is GIR from Invader Zim. Courtesy the Konfabulator Widget Gallery.

I dig the blue flame desktops - They remind me of some Stingrays I saw painted up by Godard while I was on vacation in Key West.

Does anyone have that wallpaper that looks like windows bliss, but has a broader landscape and dark clouds above it?

DevilDoc said:
The visual style is RacerX Minimal, with Blue Icons from the RacerX Full pack.
Here's one version from DeviantArt and here's a link to the Full RacerX themes from which I used the icons for the My Computer, IE and shiznit....

The little green dancing dude is GIR from Invader Zim. Courtesy the Konfabulator Widget Gallery.

I dig the blue flame desktops - They remind me of some Stingrays I saw painted up by Godard while I was on vacation in Key West.
I knew that's what it looked like. That show use to come on but I hardly ever watched it.

Thanks for the links.

Eh, someone already beat you to it many pages back. They had a desktop with nothing on it.. Recycle bin was hidden, taskbar was hidden, and background was blank, etc.

And as I told them, being minimal is about having a line between beauty/function. I think, in your case, the only thing you have is function. ;)

Heres my contribution :)
Clean:

Dirty:

Ok and somewhat offtopic but I need some help...
First off with the winblinds skin I am using there I am not able to play Counter-Strike. Steam starts up but when I join any server it freezes for a moment and I get this error:

However it works for regular window skin. Anyone know a fix?

Also I'd like some advice. For a matching color/skin for winamp (the black/white theme). And also a cool IMing program. I use AIM ATM but the sound ads and the skinless turn me off easily. I did use IM2 for a while but never got into it because only with AIM could I use the webcam feature. With IM2 both of us had to be using im2 for it to work.
Hmm another thing I like the icons I have now kinda match the desktop but are there any better icon packs?
Also is there any way to hide the WinBlinds icon you see at the bottom? Its the freewar version if that makes any difference =\
And lastly what other programs can I use to pretty up my desktop. I tried ObjectDock but I was not able to get SysStats widget to work for some reason. And also if I were to use that I wanted to hide all the real icons on the desktop but how? So far Ive used IconPackager and WIndowBlinds.

Thanks!

Goran said:
Ok and somewhat offtopic but I need some help...
First off with the winblinds skin I am using there I am not able to play Counter-Strike. Steam starts up but when I join any server it freezes for a moment and I get this error:

However it works for regular window skin. Anyone know a fix?

You can get windowblinds to ignore some applications, so it wont skin them and that should stop the problem. To do this, add a "per application" listing for cs and set it to "ignore this app and do not skin it". Hope this helps!

lesman said:
Eh, someone already beat you to it many pages back. They had a desktop with nothing on it.. Recycle bin was hidden, taskbar was hidden, and background was blank, etc.

And as I told them, being minimal is about having a line between beauty/function. I think, in your case, the only thing you have is function. ;)
Who told you that clean meant minimalism? Who told you that minimalism has to be nothing? There is different levels of minimalism you know. And everybodys taste of beauty is just like the ass, splitted.

Back