• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Post your pc screen shots!

Hey, I've never upped the DPI on any computer...what exactly does it do? I know it'll make the icons and text bigger even though it's at a higher resolution...but does it make those things look better? Like....since the icons and such are larger, wouldn't they appear higher resolution? I don't get it :confused:
 
lesman said:
Hey, I've never upped the DPI on any computer...what exactly does it do? I know it'll make the icons and text bigger even though it's at a higher resolution...but does it make those things look better? Like....since the icons and such are larger, wouldn't they appear higher resolution? I don't get it :confused:
its not really about making things look better, i think they would look the same since u r still in the same resolution.
 
kevin rose should burn in hell..... along w/ the rest of G4..... :mad: :mad:

otherwise, very nice desktop :D
 
Here's the latest...it's totally Mac'd out...heh heh!

mac.jpg
 
Dude!!!! What conversion are you using?!?!?!? Show more shots of that (menus and windows) if you can.
 
I'm using windowblinds Mac OS X Tiger theme, object dock and various icons and docklets in the dock. The wallpaper I got from someone off the Apple products forum....here's more screenies, funny, I was just changing the dock to make it appear more "mac-ish" well, here it is:

macx1.jpg


macx2.jpg
 
TSS Modder said:
mine looks more like a mac :p

its just extremely customized. :D


Mine use to, too but it was to clutter *15 inch screen* and such a resource hog :rolleyes:

now its just got a simple mac taskbar and aqua dock, not bad looking if i do say and only the trash can unless i can find a way to remove it
 
AMDXPCottonFire22 said:
Mine use to, too but it was to clutter *15 inch screen* and such a resource hog :rolleyes:

now its just got a simple mac taskbar and aqua dock, not bad looking if i do say and only the trash can unless i can find a way to remove it
i love clean. i have no icons except the trash, but i want that there. :)

you could always create a shortcut in aquadock to point to the recycle bin, so you can remove the icon.
 
Ehh, looks about the same...I have all those icons too (icon packager) but I don't really like to use them, and putting the "minimize, maximize" buttons to the left is as easy as "set to left", but I don't like it being that way...I like the feel of windows...but I like the look of OS X....
 
well either way, im using FlyaKite OSX for my theme.

as for the 'liking' windows part: its just because thats all we know. someone using linux probably wouldnt like windows too much after using linux for over 6 years or so. but, yes, the look of Mac OS X is just so clean and sexy.... :cool: :D
 
TSS Modder said:
well either way, im using FlyaKite OSX for my theme.

as for the 'liking' windows part: its just because thats all we know. someone using linux probably wouldnt like windows too much after using linux for over 6 years or so. but, yes, the look of Mac OS X is just so clean and sexy.... :cool: :D
Hell yes..so damn sexy! I've actually used Mac for a while, used to have one, and use macs in school for a few years for image/video editing....but I just like how windows is set up, ya know? ;)
 
Ok, its official, flyakite rules the damn world! Damn windowblinds...psshh, if you want a mac theme you NEED flyakite...no doubt about it! :) thanks a lot tssmodder! :D
 
I am now using flyakite OS X....it looks very much like a mac, icons and all, drop shadows, and system sounds....I'm very pleased.

totallymac3.jpg


totallymac1.jpg


totallymac2.jpg
 
@phobic: very excellent desktop. extrememly clean. i like it a lot! :)

@ThreeCub3d:ive gone through this many many many times, and i will go through this once again:

DO NOT QUOTE PICS!! REMOVE TAGS SO THERES ONLY A LINK!!

you are only a n00b, so ill let this slide, but for the record and future: do NOT quote all pics or large pics just to ask a question or make a comment.

by removing the IMG tags, theres only a link left, saving everyone time and bandwidth. we all have enough to load already w/o reloading repeat images. all you have to do is quote the pic, remove tags, and then to catch there attention, do what i do: put there name in bold, add a colon, and ask the question/make the comment.
 
Black Morty Rackham said:
Says the guy who joined in june...

Sorry, I couldn't resist!
ooooooook. and youre being an ass. whats your point? you only joined 6 months before me. and i am a [H]ard Gawd. not some [H]lite or anything.
 
C'mon guys, cut it out, don't let this thread be ruined...and for everyones information, you could've joined 500 years ago and still be an [H]lite right now...rank doesn't mean squat, it's only how many posts you've made.
 
TSS Modder said:
ooooooook. and youre being an ass. whats your point? you only joined 6 months before me. and i am a [H]ard Gawd. not some [H]lite or anything.

Okaayy newbie :p
 
lesman said:
C'mon guys, cut it out, don't let this thread be ruined...and for everyones information, you could've joined 500 years ago and still be an [H]lite right now...rank doesn't mean squat, it's only how many posts you've made.
yes, and let me quote myself....so you guys can read what I have typed...
 




My Desktop I kind of put it off but tell me what you think. I have YZDOCK too but its off and it has custom Icons
 
Simple but effective, I was planning on replacing the theme with something new, but I havent found anything I like more.

 
Back
Top