Post your Oblivion pics here!

wat to install first - toto or qtp3?

also the ring of purging mod does wonders - thankx

toto isn't a mod, it's a "guide to a lot of great mods..."

I installed Qarl 3, followed by Natural Enviroments, then smaller mods like Cities Alive and Illuminating windows. Last one installed was OOO.

Does anyone else here have the problem that when you are around an Oblivion gate, the wavy texture of the gate is above other parts of the scenery? For example, if there is an Oblivion gate behind a hill, I can still see the wavy texture of the gate even though I cant actually see the gate

Does anyone else here have the problem that when you are around an Oblivion gate, the wavy texture of the gate is above other parts of the scenery? For example, if there is an Oblivion gate behind a hill, I can still see the wavy texture of the gate even though I cant actually see the gate

yep, I've noticed that. Strange innit?

The z-order on the shader is screwey, you can fix it if you care to recompile that shader package.

The z-order on the shader is screwey, you can fix it if you care to recompile that shader package.

I'm guessing that would be way too hard for me to do. I was just wondering if anyone else had the problem. Either way, it isnt that big of a deal, it just exists, is what I was getting at.

Sure can. Use the Better Tiling Textures set for Qarl's, and you've pretty much hit the apex of Oblivion.

Better Tiling Textures for Qarl's is outdated. That was for QTP2. QTP3 already has better tiling textures.

Use THIS SITE to stay up to date! ;)

Be careful when upgrading, I found out the hard way that you need to remove Parallaxed Qarl for QTP2 before you install QTP3, otherwise you get all sorts of strangeness.

I know this might be a dumb question, but if I dont want to use the texture pack anymore, is that even possible? Would I have to start Oblivion over? The reason I ask is because I would like to test performance without the pack, and see if I can find a way for Oblivion to render the far of land so the hills dont look so pasty.

Isnt it right that the whole ugly distant textures get totally fixed with the Oblivion expansion pack? I heard it somewhere in a video about the expansion pack on gamespot or IGN.

Isnt it right that the whole ugly distant textures get totally fixed with the Oblivion expansion pack? I heard it somewhere in a video about the expansion pack on gamespot or IGN.

I have not heard of that nor do I think they would do such a thing since the expansion has nothing to do with Cyrodiil and it may cause performance issues.

Qarl, that is absolutely amazing. Trying to get my chin back close to my face... wow... reminds me a bit of some HR Giger work.

Looks awesome man. That a texture pack for dungeons or is it a whole new dungeon/texture pack all-together? You need a beta tester you know where to look man.

Thanks guys!

What I'm doing, very slowly, is to try to remake my MW mod, The Underground for Oblivion. There's a lot of things I need to have in place though before I can even start working on the quests. So I thought I'd start out simple and just make extensive sewer systems for those larger towns which didn't have a sewer in the stock game.

The pictures show the leyawiin sewer system I've started. I want to make a way for vampires to get around during the day, so the sewers will have multiple entrances throughout the town, and I want to connect each city's sewer system with a series of tunnels.

The sewers and tunnels will be inhabited by vampires and a few other monsters -but they won't be typical Oblivion enemies. They won't attack the player on site. They'll only attack if you give them reason to -which could be very easy since they are still essentially evil.

But I don't like it when vampires are portrayed as mindless monsters. My goal is to have vampires that are attractive and smart and have the same passions and foibles of "normal people" -it's just that the "normal people" also happen to be on the vampires' menu. :)

Anyway, to answer your question TimG, when I make new new cells for a mod, I tend to enjoy retexturing them so they look different from all the other dungeons and things in Oblivion -which have the unfortunate tendency to look all the same. So yeah, there's a ton of things retextured in those shots -but I'm not releasing it as a texture pack.

Man, that sounds amazing. A complete sewer system underneath, if not all, most of the map. One of the reasons I never go into caves or sewers is because they all look a like. They're boring and I'd rather walk around in the forest and basically do all the above the ground quests. I'm not expecting a release anytime soon, but I can't wait for it. Oh, you should make some of the mushrooms down there "magical" lol.

Thanks guys!

What I'm doing, very slowly, is to try to remake my MW mod, The Underground for Oblivion. There's a lot of things I need to have in place though before I can even start working on the quests. So I thought I'd start out simple and just make extensive sewer systems for those larger towns which didn't have a sewer in the stock game.

The pictures show the leyawiin sewer system I've started. I want to make a way for vampires to get around during the day, so the sewers will have multiple entrances throughout the town, and I want to connect each city's sewer system with a series of tunnels.

The sewers and tunnels will be inhabited by vampires and a few other monsters -but they won't be typical Oblivion enemies. They won't attack the player on site. They'll only attack if you give them reason to -which could be very easy since they are still essentially evil.

But I don't like it when vampires are portrayed as mindless monsters. My goal is to have vampires that are attractive and smart and have the same passions and foibles of "normal people" -it's just that the "normal people" also happen to be on the vampires' menu. :)

Anyway, to answer your question TimG, when I make new new cells for a mod, I tend to enjoy retexturing them so they look different from all the other dungeons and things in Oblivion -which have the unfortunate tendency to look all the same. So yeah, there's a ton of things retextured in those shots -but I'm not releasing it as a texture pack.

Sound awesome. I've never become a vampire because of the limitations of movement during the day, so if your mod goes through, I may reconsider.

Well, I switched back to QTP2 (actually it's a mix of TP2 and TP3) since Oblivion kept CTD. :( On the bright side, I took some lovely pictures from ToTW (house mod - Link):

These are taken with Shaja's LOD textures (1024?)... would love to see some with Qarl's LOD.

Well, I switched back to QTP2 (actually it's a mix of TP2 and TP3) since Oblivion kept CTD. :( On the bright side, I took some lovely pictures from ToTW (house mod - Link):
These are taken with Shaja's LOD textures (1024?)... would love to see some with Qarl's LOD.

Holy crap, HOW do you have the view distance that far?!?!

And is it Shaja's textures that give you forest all the way to the horizon like that, or did you tweak your zonestoload or...well, which other settings?

I'm basically running stock + KotN + Natural Environments, and I've NEVER seen anything like that!

It's only Shaja's 1024x1024.

Eh, I took a look at Shaja's textures. They don't quite do what that shot shows - there is some kind of bump mapping or something way out there. What other mods are you running?

Eh, I took a look at Shaja's textures. They don't quite do what that shot shows - there is some kind of bump mapping or something way out there. What other mods are you running?

Hmm. Almost everything (the mod). That's all that would affect the LOD.

It's my 4096 LOD normal maps. Probably best used with either Blades 2048 LOD's or his 4096 LODs.

Question - on that link, it references "Blade's better Tiling LODs 2048". I assume that is this file? Thing is, it mentions as a requirement "Qarl texture pack 2" - however, the link is broken, and I cannot find that anywhere.

Where is that at?

EDIT: Wait, nevermind, found it

So:
- Qarl Texture pack 2
then
- Blade's better tiling LODs 2048
then
- Qarl's 4096 LOD normal maps

....right?

<snipples>

So:
- Qarl Texture pack 2
then
- Blade's better tiling LODs 2048
then
- Qarl's 4096 LOD normal maps

....right?

Sounds correct to me though the LOD textures can be installed before the texture pack. I would think one would only want to use Blade's 4096 with Qarl's 4096 but I suppose Qarl knows more than me on that particular subject. :)

Just checked the link to Blade's... that is not what you want. You want Blade's LOD tiling textures, those that you linked are for Qarl's texture pack.

-edit- Found it. Head to the LOD section (bottom area)
Specifically - Link - Go to the download section of that page and you will see the 2048 and 4096 versions. Elricm combined all three into one download, hence the size.

I dunno, I think I got the right files. What Elric combined was the 1.0, 1.10 patch, and 1.11 patch to the textures. In Qarl's section "QTP2 Parallax Installation/Activation for 256Mb Video Cards" on this page, he links to "Better Tiling Textures 1.11" in step 2...which is what I linked. And step 1 is Qarl's texture pack 2.

So I think I'm good, if I wasn't using the parallax maps and all. I don't think that page has been updated, though - he seems to be suggesting to use Bluesteel's Normal Maps for Landscape LODs...which is what Qarl's 4096 above replaces, no? Doesn't seem to be mentioned at all on that page.

Back