Francesco's Leveled Creatures
Francesco's New Items & Creatures
Qarl's Harvest
Rusty Items Retextured
Fine Weapons Retextured
Beautiful People
Natural Environment
Immersive Dark UI

Is that the order you installed the mods? Where does QarlTP3 fit in there?

Well yea, I ran the .exe for Qarl3.

@Rock&Roll

Is that the order you installed the mods? Where does QarlTP3 fit in there?

That's listed in no particular order. I have many more mods than that installed. Those are just the ones that effect visuals. Here's my mod installation strategy.

1) Install Oblivion and official patch.

1a) Make a backup of this fresh Oblivion install. This way, if I screw something up while installing my mods, I don't have to do a full re-install. All I have to do is delete the messed up Oblivion install directory, and copy this folder into the it's place. Walla, I'm back up and running. Of course, you'll need some gig's free on one of your hard drives.

2) Install all simple, non-intrusive mods first. IE ones that don't require an Archive Invalidation, or a BSA edit. This would be mods like, No Psychic Guards, Eagle Eye Archery, Rag Doll Physics, TF Time Mod, etc. etc. These kinds of mini-mods have a very minimal chance of conflicting or causing any problems.

3) Now I install moderately intrusive mods, like Capt'N'Kill's 4096x4096 LOD textures, or the Skingrad Roof Textures.

4) Use OBMM to activate all mods, and do a BSA edit (under "Archive Invalidation")

5) Backup Oblivion Install folder

***This is where I start installing the big time mods. I am very careful about these steps. Read the READ-ME files before doing anything***

6) Install Francesco's leveled creatures and new items.

7) Repeat use of OBMM from step 4.

8) Fire up Oblivion, make sure everything looks OK.

9) Backup Oblivion Install folder

10) Install Mart's Monster mod for Francesco's

11) Repeat use of OBMM from step 4.

12) Fire up Oblivion, make sure everything looks OK.

13) Backup Oblivion Install folder

14) Since this is the end of the chain, this is were I will install QTP3. While QTP3 is not as intrusive as francesco's and MMM, it is the one i consider the least important. So it is my priority to make sure I have all the preceding mods working first, before throwing in 2 gigs worth of texture changes on top of that. As I noted above, I'm actually going to skip this step, since I'm sticking with the stock Bethesda textures.

I know I went into quite a bit of detail here. But I hope it helps you out a bit.

When you say active mods, I really don't get how that's done. When I click on a mod and then click activate nothing happens in the right side of the box.

When you say active mods, I really don't get how that's done. When I click on a mod and then click activate nothing happens in the right side of the box.

Activating Mods = the esp's and esm's in the left side of OBMM

As far as using the Omod style files in the middle pane, it should be fairly intuitive. Just load the Omod file. Then you have to active it.

These days, mods are a mixed bag of esp's, omod files, or in the more manual form like QTP. It pays to know how to handle all three. Not sure If I know how to really explain it.....

If you're trying to figure out just how OBMM works, I would take some time to work with some simpler mods, until you get used things. It will save you a bunch of confusion if things really go haywire.

Well I'm talking about the ones like the texture packs, that don't have .esp fies. To install those you just drop the files into the data folder into the appropriate folder. I just have a feeling that these texture mods I'm installing aren't working, after I do the archive validation like the image says.

Sounds like you've done things right, for the most part. But, if you followed Qarl's instructions, there no reason for it not to work........:confused:

Erase and try again? :confused:

Hey Rock&Roll what rag doll physics mod are you using? I couldn't find any mods that do anything about the rag doll physics.

I read the instructions and since I used mods which added parallax meshes I deleted the folders that were listed and now when I go into certain cities all I can see are the building signs and doors, no walls or anything.

I'm going to backup my characters and uninstall and reinstall, this time backing up the original meshes and textures folders. Then I'll "reinstall" all my texture mods. I really don't use many .esp mods, except for the one that makes the windows glow at night. Forgetting the name at the moment.

Hey Rock&Roll what rag doll physics mod are you using? I couldn't find any mods that do anything about the rag doll physics.

"Realistic Ragdolls and Force v3.0"

By 46&2

I think that I downloaded it at tessource.net. If not there, then at planetelderscrolls.com

are there any way to set up the texture packs so it applies ONLY to interiors? (houses, caves, etc) and not cities/forest, etc ? :confused:

OK, it seems almost any graphics card with 512MB or higher, and 2GB of system RAM should be able to run this with very little slowdown. Systems with less than that can get by with using the HFT_pcb mod which purges the cell buffers of uneeded textures, causing more lengthy load times but dramatically increased fps.

I just released a patch to bring the current version up to 1.2. Here's the poop:

Version History:

* Fixed normal map error on Fort Ruins interior ceiling which caused an unsightly seam.

* Added snowflakes
* Fixed Haunted Mansion Anvil mesh.

DOWNLOAD

Ok, please don't laugh, I have a very noobish question about the texture mods. Do these mods (e.g., Qarl's mod) replace the textures from scratch? By that, I mean, does the modder have to design the appearance of the texture? Or, was the "texture" already there, just not in use - and the mod permits its use?

I hope I'm making sense.

Ok, please don't laugh, I have a very noobish question about the texture mods. Do these mods (e.g., Qarl's mod) replace the textures from scratch? By that, I mean, does the modder have to design the appearance of the texture? Or, was the "texture" already there, just not in use - and the mod permits its use?

I hope I'm making sense.

Made from scratch.

I dont suppose anyone has found another host for that file yet? Even just a temp one? Planet*Everything is bloody blocked at work. :mad:

Even megaupload or something would do.

Is there an item database that lists the details of each item? Examples such as what effects a certain armor or weapon has? how much damage for weapons?

I can't wait till I get my new C2Duo system together, maybe I'll be able to play Oblivion at the native 1680x1050 of my LCD, rather than 1280x720 - stupid 16:9 res on a 16:10 screen.

OK, it seems almost any graphics card with 512MB or higher, and 2GB of system RAM should be able to run this with very little slowdown. Systems with less than that can get by with using the HFT_pcb mod which purges the cell buffers of uneeded textures, causing more lengthy load times but dramatically increased fps.

I just released a patch to bring the current version up to 1.2. Here's the poop:

Version History:

* Fixed normal map error on Fort Ruins interior ceiling which caused an unsightly seam.

* Added snowflakes
* Fixed Haunted Mansion Anvil mesh.

DOWNLOAD

Hmmmm, I'm switching over to a Core2Duo and 2 gigs of DDR2 800 but keeping my 6800GS, think I'll be able to run your sexy textures? At ~2 gigs to download, it'd be nice to know before hand.

@ Qarl - Bethesda should really hire you when the develop Elder Scrolls 5. As well as whoever created Natural Environments.

Wow, just WOW! Just updated to QTP3 and I'm loving it!

I have more mods than this installed, but these are the big one's I'm running that effect visuals:

Qarl's Texture Pack 3
Natural Environments
LOD Replacement
Almost Everything VFD Mod
22" Wide Screen LCD (just got it back after sending it in for a stuck green pixel)
Nvidia's 3D Stereo Driver + Red/Blue 3D glasses

I think my eyes just orgasmed. :eek:

I just installed the QPT3 mod as well and its incredible. My frames are still quite good :)

I'm trying to decide who to play as now: I've been a warrior, a mage, and an assassin thus far.

my gaming rig is down.. waaaaaaaaaaah! oh well.. when I get my mobo back (today) I should have things up and running again fairly soon... gotta get my stable OC back.. then I'm going to get QTP3 installed.. fo sho.

Back