Post your Mouse and Keyboard pics

How are you liking that quickfire? I'm pretty set on sticking with cherry reds as my current rosewill is a dream to type on (with rubber o-rings). However, I would really prefer a tenkeyless and the media function keys are something I miss coming from a G15.

I think my absolute dream of a keyboard would comprise of Tenkeyless Cherry Reds, PBT keycaps w/ ninja style letters (the smooth key tops are amazing), adjustable led backlighting, function media keys & o-ring dampeners. The day this keyboard is made my search for the perfect input device will be complete.

I love it. Can't really say anything bad about it. The keycaps and the logos were the only things I dont like about it and I've already fixed that problem. My other board(WASD) has blues and I like these red switches so much more.

imgp6347q.jpg

imgp6348.jpg

imgp6354.jpg

imgp6349.jpg

Last edited:
Absolutely gorgeous, where did you get the caps?

Edit: Nvm, just scrolled up and noticed they were from what looks like your WASD board?

Yea, WASD keycaps. Temporrary until I get some engraved white PBT keycaps.

I had to RMA my Steelseries Xai for a faulty right button and they sent me a Sensei to replace it, so here's an updated pic. Filco w/ browns also pictured.

desk-1.jpg

How do you like it?

I love it. Best mouse I've owned. It's basically a Xai with a different surface (looks kind of like aluminum but feels like plastic, and it doesn't have the rubberized type coating that the Xai had, so some may not like that) and 3 customizable LEDs, and I guess it supports more powerful macros but I don't use those features.

It's very comfy and it's truly ambidextrous so it's nice for lefties like me. Besides the feel/comfort, the #1 thing that I love is that every single setting that's changeable in the software gets saved to a profile directly in the mouse's ROM so once you get everything how you like it (sensitivity, LED colors, lift distance, etc. etc.), save it to your mouse, and from then on it will behave exactly the same regardless of what computer you have it plugged into. :) Therefore you NEVER need to run ANY software again unless you want to tweak stuff further.

Honestly I give it a 10/10. No downsides for me (assuming it doesn't fail like the Xai did)

Interesting to note in Krame's post that you guys get the CM Storm in black with Asian characters on the keys.
Over here, the body is gray and the keys don't have the Asian characters. My setup at work:

x8yXUl.jpg

CMStorm Quick Fire Cherry Blue
Logitech M705

Interesting to note in Krame's post that you guys get the CM Storm in black with Asian characters on the keys.
Over here, the body is gray and the keys don't have the Asian characters. My setup at work:

CMStorm Quick Fire Cherry Blue
Logitech M705

Thats because its the red switch version which is the only version with the black case. Only available in asia thats why it has the asian characters as well.

Last edited:
Ah OK that clears things up. :) Oddly I'm in Singapore, but we don't have the red version here yet. Only the blues and blacks.

Huh thats wierd. I guess its only available in Taiwan for now because thats where I got it from.

Krame, are the keycaps from WASD? if so, what size and font did you use and regular or bold?

Thanks. Yea the caps are from WASD. Its their 'modern' layout. So arial 8pt font I think.

2093k1z.jpg

Diggin' the cherry browns. Really wish there were better key cap options for backlit.

Next step: better mouse surface. Thinking a Ratpadz surface, maybe.

Edit: Tempted to pop in the green WASD keys the board shipped with, but green keys + red LEDs is a little meh...

Last edited:
Sorry for the pic quality, was taken with my phone.

Razer BlackWidow Ultimate with Mad Catz Cyborg R.A.T. 9 on a Razer IronClad Mouse pad.

img0450d.jpg

New engraved PBT keycaps for my Quickfire and vinyl wrapped the case. Got tired of the plasti-dip.

6566697017_dd6e3073e5_o.jpg

6566696271_f69b3cce53_o.jpg

6566697717_67b9a3d67e_o.jpg

I have this keyboard: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823204028 & a Mionix Naos 5000 mouse, my fav. mouse was the Microsoft Sidewinder due to over, under thumb buttons. I have a 24" slide out shelf for my keyboard & mouse so space was an issue, other wise I'd still be using my fav. Razer Lycosa keyboard, even though it is a noisy mechanical keyboard. But for an el-cheapo POS keyboard, this keyboard is great. Just have to get used to key layout. Using a Razer Sphex mousepaad that is 1/3 under my keyboard. Hey this setup works for me, so i'm happy to recommend it.

Last edited:
Don't have any pics that I took, but had this mouse for a few weeks until I sent it back to Amazon (twice):

T2cO1.jpg

Great, great mouse. Used all four 5g weights it came with (I like the mouse heavier). Was really easy to switch between DPIs during a game, which was really helpful for me when playing BF3.

Unfortunately, the scroll wheel broke after two weeks. Sent it back, got a new one and the scroll wheel broke again within a week.

Solid mouse, too bad for the scroll wheel. In the market for something else now.

WASD V1 Custom w/ Brown Switches and Wrist Rest / Logitech G700 w/ Ratpadz XT Mouse Pad

n9yB7.jpg

SjZYS.jpg

023xj.png

3206G.jpg

Last edited:
I dont the point of a mechanical keyboard if it doesnt sound like one. Anything except blue switches its a turn off for me ,why would i want a keyboard that sounds exactly like any mushy keyboard out there.

I dont the point of a mechanical keyboard if it doesnt sound like one. Anything except blue switches its a turn off for me ,why would i want a keyboard that sounds exactly like any mushy keyboard out there.

The dominant sensory stimulation in typing is tactile and as such, the feel is generally regarded as the primary factor of a mechanical keyboard's feature set.

why would you want the annoying clickety clack of an 80s mechanical keyboard when you can get the same tactile feel without it now? sounds like you dont even understand the point of a mechanical keyboard...

The dominant sensory stimulation in typing is tactile and as such, the feel is generally regarded as the primary factor of a mechanical keyboard's feature set.
yes so why would u want to buy a keyboard with less/none tactile stimulation....why not just keep the mushy keyboards u already have
http://www.overclock.net/t/491752/mechanical-keyboard-guide
as described here the brown switches have a "soft" tactile ,ok lets say this could work
blacks offer no tactile,same for red and also clear switches offer a less tactile than browns.
Besides brown switches what is really the point in anything else than blue....
why would you want the annoying clickety clack of an 80s mechanical keyboard when you can get the same tactile feel without it now? sounds like you dont even understand the point of a mechanical keyboard...
the name itself should give it away.....m e c h a n i c a l .....anyhthing mechanical is suposed to produce some noise,old school keyboards where like this,i prefer old school.But i guess we are going into preferances area wich is really not debatable.

yes so why would u want to buy a keyboard with less/none tactile stimulation....why not just keep the mushy keyboards u already have
http://www.overclock.net/t/491752/mechanical-keyboard-guide
as described here the brown switches have a "soft" tactile ,ok lets say this could work
blacks offer no tactile,same for red and also clear switches offer a less tactile than browns.
Besides brown switches what is really the point in anything else than blue....

the name itself should give it away.....m e c h a n i c a l .....anyhthing mechanical is suposed to produce some noise,old school keyboards where like this,i prefer old school.But i guess we are going into preferances area wich is really not debatable.

The tactile feel is generally for typing, and linear switches are generally for gaming or for those who don't desire a tactile bump.
Old school boards were for offices and commercial business. They are for people who enjoy typing, touch typing is usually why people prefer blue switches.
Liner mechanical boards were made for gaming/noise reduction, and has the same durability without the "typist" feel. Those of us who bottom out often prefer a linear switch.

Last edited:
Clear switches actually have more tactile feedback than browns. They're a little stiffer. You didn't even bother to read that article.

img1287mj.jpg

img1292a.jpg

to not be completly offtopic :) and yes thats aliens 3 runing there,planing to finish after editing this post :D
Clear switches actually have more tactile feedback than browns. They're a little stiffer. You didn't even bother to read that article.
actualy i did read that part just i dont know that much about clear switches.I tryed blue and black and i love the blue switches.I will be geting one next month,i just dont get why people complain about the sound so much.....i guess i love to type,sometimes i find myself pressing very had on my mushy sidewinder keys just to hear a click.....

You're confusing the word tactile with the unique feel of blues/browns due to the "bump" in their travel. The bump is a type of tactile feedback, just as the smooth linear engagement of blacks/reds is a type of tactile feedback as well. A mechanical with reds/blacks has a very smooth linear engagement throughout the entire travel of the key press, distinctively different than that of a rubber dome which just feels "mushy". So even though you're not getting a "clack" from your keys as much as you are with a blue/brown board, it's still a considerably more enjoyable (imo) experience than that of rubber domes. Not to mention mechanical keyboards tend to last a lot longer.

Last edited:
IMG_0240.jpg

I need to clean some stuff up, my computers are all a mess right now. BUT I could not pass up a chance to take pic's of my toys :eek:

how is the Vengeance K90 i think i will get it next week...from what i saw its kinda to big i wish for some teenkeyless but can't find any in my country...how are the non mechanical keys on it?

PC: Filco tenkeyless camo, Razer Naga Hex

Mac: Ducky 1086 with white keycaps and Magic Mouse

Back