Post your Mouse and Keyboard pics

Does that DA2 mouse have a glossy finish, or is that just a reflection in the picture?
It's a glossy hard plastic shell. I actually prefer it to the soft touch coating of the standard DA.

Filco MX Brown Tenkeyless
Logitech wireless keypad
Razer DeathAdder 3500dpi "Dragon Age 2"
Steelseries QcK

IMG_20110930_104400.jpg

My input setup is complete... unless Corsair releases a backlit, tenkeyless with Brown or Red switches. :D

My input setup is complete... unless Corsair releases a backlit, tenkeyless with Brown or Red switches. :D

CoolerMaster actually has a tenkeyless with red switches coming out sometime relatively soonish under their "CM Storm" brand. Not backlit though.

To be honest it was not worth $120. I was expecting something much better for the price. Maybe Mech keyboards are just not for me. The keys don't really feel that great, and I can type much faster and more accurately on a scissor-style laptop keyboard (or apple aluminum keyboard).

With type racer I average around 90-95wpm with my old apple keyboard. With the leopold I rarely break 80 and make many more mistakes. I think the long keystroke of a mech kills me; and I am not good enough to not bottom out (have gotten better but it takes way too much work to think about it while typing.)

I feel like my hands get tired faster on the Leopold as well since you have to move the keys so far for them to actuate. For gaming it does feel much nicer than my old keyboard though.

I also feel like the number keys across the top are slightly too close to the top row of letters. I often end up hitting 3 instead of e.

This could also be your choice of Cherry MX switch. I just tried my Leopold board with cherry MX clears and I think I prefer it overall for typing. I am torn between which one (of my MX clear or brown) to keep though since I think the brown is better for gaming since it's a lighter key, but I have a similar experience to you in that I seem to bottom out a lot using the browns unless I really concentrate and type carefully, but with the stiffer springs in the clears, I can type much faster and more "naturally" (as if I am typing on my Apple Alu KB) and I rarely seem to bottom out since the resistance is higher near the bottom and it is enough to counteract my natural finger pressure.

I'm with compslckr. Last week, I had to use a scissor/laptop style keyboard while on a job site for a few days. I couldn't believe how much faster, more comfortably I typed on it compared to my Filco. I'm going to try using it at home, all next week. If I continue to type so well, there's gonna be a used Filco in the FS/FT forum.

CM Storm with PBT Keycaps + Portal Function Keycaps:

DPP_0098.jpg

DPP_0100.jpg

DPP_0101.jpg

Also got a new mouse which happened to match the keyboard =P

DPP_0096.jpg

Nice. I recently switched to a very similar setup.

Leopold tenkeyless with MX Reds, and the same mouse :D

KeyboardShot.jpg

Nearly two years ago, I started this thread by posting my keyboard/mouse in use at that time: Enermax Aurora Micro and Razer Diamondback. Since then, I've tried several different keyboards with an emphasis on mechanicals. I've come full circle and am back with a scissor/laptop style board. I just type more accurately/comfortably on these boards.

Crappy cell phone pics of my new Enermax Aurora Lite and Razer DeathAdder 3500dpi with a beautiful new Diablo 3 shell. That annoying white ring on the mouse is the reflection of my desk lamp's bulb. The pad is a PureTrak CompLexity.

EDIT: I put my Filco in the FS/FT thread. $100 shipped. http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1038006786#post1038006786

IMG_20111110_192323.jpg

IMG_20111110_191836.jpg

IMG_20111110_191918.jpg

Last edited:
A TKL Filco Majestouch 2 w/ cherry blues before the keycap change.

5OS9gl.jpg

Naked.

VURFJl.jpg

Dressed up in white engraved PBT keycaps.

SiaQGl.jpg
KHYbRl.jpg

Close up

2aqNRl.jpg

I suck at touch typing on the number row so I put the stock keys back on for visual aid. :eek:

BHWGMl.jpg

Picture with my Logitech G9x.

YGd8rl.jpg

Wow that's a very nice look...great contrast between the keys and the case.

Maybe I'll eventually dye the case of my Model M black. (Though the contrast between the keys and the case wouldn't be as good as you have there...)

Nothing special, all Razer products...

2011-11-12_13-17-22_787.jpg

Razer Lycosa
Razer DeathAdder (1800 dpi)
Razer Vespula
Razer Chimaera 2.1

Man, those Monsoon speakers take me way back! I had them on my computer for a couple years in the mid-1990s.

Heh - Really love the looks/performance of the Monsoon speakers still. Wish they were still made as I have yet to find something even remotely close in the same form factor (1/2" thick) that sounds as good. Electrostatic ribbon speakers rock as far as transparency/clarity goes. For serious listening though I switch over to my Grado headphones.

Here keyboard and mouse we use at home:

PowerLogic ATRIX AIR AA3000
Logitech Wireless Touch Keyboard K400
Logitech Wireless Combo MK220
Logitech Wireless Solar Keyboard K750
Logitech Wireless Desktop MK710
Logitech Cordless Desktop Wave

web.jpg

Mouse: SteelSeries Kinzu
Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK+ NaVi
Keyboard: WASD Keyboard v1 (mx black) review unit

Do the white keys get dirty?

Only the spot where it's engraved. I was hoping to replace these with laser etched ones, as they wouldn't get dirty at all. The face is still clean though, it's just where the letters are gets filled with sweat or dead skin I suppose. Eww

Just got my CM Storm Quckfire in reds today. Love everything about it except the keycaps. I like the tenkeyless form factor and I like the red switches a lot more than I thought i would. I love the super light smooth feel of them. I'll get more pics once I switch my white keycaps on it.

imgp6341.jpg

imgp6345.jpg

Last edited:
How are you liking that quickfire? I'm pretty set on sticking with cherry reds as my current rosewill is a dream to type on (with rubber o-rings). However, I would really prefer a tenkeyless and the media function keys are something I miss coming from a G15.

I think my absolute dream of a keyboard would comprise of Tenkeyless Cherry Reds, PBT keycaps w/ ninja style letters (the smooth key tops are amazing), adjustable led backlighting, function media keys & o-ring dampeners. The day this keyboard is made my search for the perfect input device will be complete.

Only the spot where it's engraved. I was hoping to replace these with laser etched ones, as they wouldn't get dirty at all. The face is still clean though, it's just where the letters are gets filled with sweat or dead skin I suppose. Eww

I see...
Thanks a lot, I want a keyboard with white keys but friends keep saying they get dirty and look old very fast..

Back