Post your Mobile Devices!

Eh, I guess trusty wasn't a good word as I only got it a few months ago. Had a Storm for a week and wanted to throw it out the window. Might end up paying retail for the 9630. I love Blackberries and I'm stuck with Verizon through my job.

img0280f.tif

Got a new camera, still working on my photography skills, i think this is by far the best pic ive put up yet tho lol

please tell me that you pulled the plastic off the phone after you took the pic. Im still loving the storm...

Looks like we both went from the N95 to the N85. Did you get your Xperia yet? I really want a qwerty phone now and the Xperia is on my short list of phones to look at..

Not yet, should actually be arriving sometime next week. I ordered it for pretty much the same reasons, and also because I wouldn't have to sign apps and could get cooked ROMs for updates like WinMo 6.5. For Symbian on the other hand.. each new Feature Pack or revision is tough luck. );

Also is that a RAZR? I had a silver RAZR before the N95-3, and that RAZR was my first phone!

Nice, just now saw the picture of the N95-3, photobucket is blocked at work. Yes that's a RAZR and I almost bought the Xperia last week. There was a sale on the black one and it was quite tempting. Since you bought one it would be interesting to see your take on it, especially since you're coming from a RAZR/N95/N85 which is exactly where I'm coming from.

The lack of firmware updates on the N85 is disappointing as there's definitely some bugs that need to be fixed. Signed apps aren't a issue if you get your own Certificate but Win Mo's strong following and it's cooked roms is very tempting.. Also web browsing on a QVGA display doesn't cut it anymore..

I have the most high tech, most versitile, most fashionable, most elegant, and thinnest phone known to mankind and aliens the...RAZR(first-gen). It is a remarkable piece of equipment right out of the future! This phone is so high tech that it has a mind of its own! the one and a half inch touchscreen wont even respond to the touch commands. I mean this thing is outa control! If you think your the most popular guy or gal in the world and want people to think your cool and are extremely self concious that you will spend hunderds of dollars just so other people can think in their minds and say "WoW that person looks SO [H]OT with that phone" then this phone is for YOU!

If I known how good the macro mode worked I would've cleaned up my mobile a bit...

3487067135_9ea6550614_o.jpg

Does this phone have the option for a SIM card? In other words does it work with the AT&T network? Does it have 3G? I looked at the tech specs, but I can't figure out if it has 3G or not.

Does this phone have the option for a SIM card? In other words does it work with the AT&T network? Does it have 3G? I looked at the tech specs, but I can't figure out if it has 3G or not.

Yes. The U.S. model has 3G on the 850/1900/2100 bands, whereas the European/APAC models have 3G on 900/1900/2100 bands (only half works with AT&T, that is to say the 1900 channel).

To expand friend's answer you can check out the full details here: http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_n85-2496.php

It's a nice phone with or without a data plan. It has a dedicated GPS receiver so you can install Garmin XT and get it to work without having to subscribe to a data plan. The pictures/video taken with the camera is top notch. It's one of the better 5MP camera phones.

X1.jpg

Impressions:

Stock WM 6.1, even with the panels, SUCKS. It's a usability nightmare compared to Symbian. S60 to bonestock WM6.1 is like comparing Mac OS9 to Vista. :( Terrible..

I loaded a cooked rom from xda-dev ("Xperia Touch X ULTIMATE Topaz Edition 6.1.1" by smaberg, for the curious) and it's a lot better now. Still not as easy-to-use as Symbian, but whatever. TouchFlo 3D is beautiful, but not as practical as S60's (rather ugly, in comparison) simplicity.

The WVGA (800x480) screen is absolutely amazing. Blows away the high-contrast AMOLED of my N85 by sheer virtue of pixel count. It's really, really good. Resistive response is OK, but I'm just not used to it.

Build quality is leagues ahead of the N85 as well as my old N95. Very solid-feeling, and it looks very professional. The keyboard is great. My only qualm is the battery door -- within three days it's more scratched up than my first iPod's stainless steel back over three months! :( I'm going to spray paint it matte black so it should all be fine. Other than that, it feels like a product worth its MSRP. Kudos HTC! You put my roommate's Verizon Touch Pro to shame as well. :p

I'm going to keep it because it's neat, though I might not necessarily sell the N85 just yet. I pre-ordered the N97 this morning for $500 (very limited deal), so I'll compare the three when my N97 arrives in mid-July.

EDIT: I also can't emphasize how sexy this thing looks. It's just unbelievably good-looking in person. When I opened the box, the first thing that came to mind was "time for some new boxers."

Last edited:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/exalyon/X1.jpg

Impressions:

Stock WM 6.1, even with the panels, SUCKS. It's a usability nightmare compared to Symbian. S60 to bonestock WM6.1 is like comparing Mac OS9 to Vista. :( Terrible..

I loaded a cooked rom from xda-dev ("Xperia Touch X ULTIMATE Topaz Edition 6.1.1" by smaberg, for the curious) and it's a lot better now. Still not as easy-to-use as Symbian, but whatever. TouchFlo 3D is beautiful, but not as practical as S60's (rather ugly, in comparison) simplicity.

The WVGA (800x480) screen is absolutely amazing. Blows away the high-contrast AMOLED of my N85 by sheer virtue of pixel count. It's really, really good. Resistive response is OK, but I'm just not used to it.

Build quality is leagues ahead of the N85 as well as my old N95. Very solid-feeling, and it looks very professional. The keyboard is great. My only qualm is the battery door -- within three days it's more scratched up than my first iPod's stainless steel back over three months! :( I'm going to spray paint it matte black so it should all be fine. Other than that, it feels like a product worth its MSRP. Kudos HTC! You put my roommate's Verizon Touch Pro to shame as well. :p

I'm going to keep it because it's neat, though I might not necessarily sell the N85 just yet. I pre-ordered the N97 this morning for $500 (very limited deal), so I'll compare the three when my N97 arrives in mid-July.

EDIT: I also can't emphasize how sexy this thing looks. It's just unbelievably good-looking in person. When I opened the box, the first thing that came to mind was "time for some new boxers."

Nice black Xperia. It looks good and it sounds like it's worth every penny. I got my Touch Pro last week and I REALLY don't like it.. battery life sucks and it gets hot.. I already got Mighty Rom on there along with Advanced Config and Diamond Tweak.. the OS is laggy at times and the build quality sucks. Why does everyone like this phone so much? I miss the camera and dial pad on my Nokias already lol.

I also preordered the N97 for $500 this morning..

Nice black Xperia. It looks good and it sounds like it's worth every penny. I got my Touch Pro last week and I REALLY don't like it.. battery life sucks and it gets hot.. I already got Mighty Rom on there along with Advanced Config and Diamond Tweak.. the OS is laggy at times and the build quality sucks. Why does everyone like this phone so much? I miss the camera and dial pad on my Nokias already lol.

I also preordered the N97 for $500 this morning..

We have an eerily similar phone history..

So far points that the N85 has been winning on are the camera, video recording, and music playing (sound quality; media keys also really helped here). The XPERIA handily beats the N85 at video playback, web browsing, overall power and general coolness. The XPERIA is a bit more bogged down by the OS, but I would never really call it laggy.. this rom is pretty speedy.

My roommate has the same issues as you do with his Touch Pro.. the build is all plasticky, the battery life is downright terrible and he complains about the sluggishness often (though the Verizon version has less RAM, and the low battery life is more of an issue for him). And he paid $450 for such a CDMA-locked phone.. :confused:

I guess I should post up my ipod touch 2g theme... why not?

iGunnLSnew.jpg

iGunnrealized.jpg

I have changed some of the icon graphics since then but it's mostly the same...

Just updated to a new ROM+radio+SPL on my HTC 8925. (AT&T Tilt)

For those wondering what I updated to:
Anryl's WM6.5
CID unlock
HardSPL 3.56
Radio 1.65.24.36

Runs really fast and smooth. I'm looking forward to some official WM6.5 and WM7 ROMS.

1G ipod touch 8GB
vx9600 versa
psp 1001 series
psp 2000 series
Palm m105 used it as a tv remote mainly...

Last edited:

1G ipod touch 8GB
[snip]

iglass sol theme with 5 icon dock and 5 rows mods.. among others I am guessing. I liked that theme a lot and ended up using it's background in my custom theme.. I like the realized icons better than the iglass sol ones, but only by a little bit...

iglass sol theme with 5 icon dock and 5 rows mods.. among others I am guessing. I liked that theme a lot and ended up using it's background in my custom theme.. I like the realized icons better than the iglass sol ones, but only by a little bit...

Yep 5 icon dock 5 rows+ column lots of other stuff iglass sol i like the slider and overall look i also have 3.0 icons and black status bar with wifi bar mod then a load of games paid and non app store. My only issue is my ipod seems to be using its battery faster and faster i partially think that some of the mods are what is causing it. oh well i will see what changes with 3.0 hopefully that will fix my power issues...

I sure as hell hope you got that thing for free...

Don't bash the pink! It always seems like male guys think your gay if you have some sort of something pink. But then if you care what male guys say more then females, wouldn't that make you gay? :p

It was the last model in store, and I told them fuck it, I don't care what macho guys say.

(Alot of girls seem to like it also ;) )

lol thats not snot , that would be disgusting its just paint from what i can see on my actual wall lol

Nubbin out with the same phone everyone else has now..

iPhone3G.jpg

In the past 3 months I've been through the N95-3, N85-1, XPERIA and now this. The N97 is taking too long. :mad:

Back