Post your Mobile Devices!

Currently using an HSPA Samsung Omnia II (in other words, not the Verizon one). :)

I've got an iPhone 3GS and a Droid. Gotta say I prefer my iPhone...can't even tell you why. The Droid has a better screen, a keyboard, etc etc...but I just enjoy using the iphone more. Just more intuitive for me...

I've got an iPhone 3GS and a Droid. Gotta say I prefer my iPhone...can't even tell you why. The Droid has a better screen, a keyboard, etc etc...but I just enjoy using the iphone more. Just more intuitive for me...

Contrary to what everyone thinks the iphone is not intuitive, you've just grown accustomed to using it. It's like when people switch from Windows to Linux, Pepsi to Coke, etc.

Contrary to what everyone thinks the iphone is not intuitive, you've just grown accustomed to using it. It's like when people switch from Windows to Linux, Pepsi to Coke, etc.
I agree with the person above and I would say it is much more intuitive than most other user interfaces.

Before I got my own 3GS, I must've clocked no more than 30 minutes of total up-close exposure to the device in real life (i.e. not counting the commercials on TV and so on), so I wasn't hugely familiar with it.

After I finally got it, within 20-30 minutes I had already figured everything out and was looking for any more hidden tips and tricks (like various slide-and-lift symbol typing techniques, shake to undo, etc.).

After a few days of use, I felt like I've owned the device for years because it was so familar.

It's not surprising why. The interface is very well thought out, and it's simple. At any given point, you're usually presented with no more than 2-3 buttons on the screen. Every time you want to do something, it just so happens (almost magically) that one of the buttons does that thing you want to do.

So the interface is really simplified with no long lists of menu options to go through, yet still preserving 99%+ of the possible things.

My dad got his BBery Bold 9700 on the same day, and even after clocking major hours with in during the first week, he was still trying to figure out "how do i do this" or that after a week.

I'm just expressing my personal opinion here. Feel free to disagree or even flame me if it makes ya feel better. :p

In addition to the above, even my mom, who is a complete noob when it comes to tech... She could barely use her old non-smart RAZR phone, and even then, only for calling. She wouldn't even know how to use the camera or send/view a sms.

So I let her play around with the iPhone, and after 5 mins she was already navigating it pretty well, doing most things quite naturally. She immediately started liking it better than the complicated-like-ass (even for me) Nokia E71 we got her. =/

16k292a.jpg

HTC HD2 soon. Just got the HD as I have always loved the phone :)

I absolutely LOVE your Fallout theme. I've gotta get that for the Evo I'm buying next month.

i guess this counts as a mobile phone... sip ata to wrt running a vpn over wifi back to trixbox.
70-1.jpg

lol

*snip*

Looks like some UltimateEars there (not sure what model), but how's the actual sound quality straight off the headphone out? Decent stuff? And what's your source material, and obviously what media player... I kinda happened upon Nitrogen over at the XDA-Developers forum last year and love it, if you don't use that one you might consider checking into it. Damned fine player.

</didn't_mean_to_thread_jack>

SysOps:

Damn man, that's some truly ghetto but functional stuff there. Perhaps you need to rename yourself CoverSysOps or something... :)

The producers of some spy shows on TV might want that as a working prop. hehe

Looks like some UltimateEars there (not sure what model), but how's the actual sound quality straight off the headphone out? Decent stuff? And what's your source material, and obviously what media player... I kinda happened upon Nitrogen over at the XDA-Developers forum last year and love it, if you don't use that one you might consider checking into it. Damned fine player.

JHAudio JH13s actually. It sounds pretty good but the low end is a little lacking compared to my other sources, so I use Audio Booster to add a few dB down at the lowest band. I just got it recently so I've only tried the default Sense player with v0 VBR MP3s but I'll definitely give Nitrogen a try.

Also StarView's Fallout theme is definitely amazing and I highly recommend it. It's really polished -- in fact there are custom weather animations in there (blowing trash, snowflake with Vault-Boy's face on it, et cetera)!

Also StarView's Fallout theme is definitely amazing and I highly recommend it. It's really polished -- in fact there are custom weather animations in there (blowing trash, snowflake with Vault-Boy's face on it, et cetera)!

That Fallout theme is amazing. I wish I could get something like that on Android for my Incredible (whenever I eventually get it in...).

What dock is that sitting on? Never seen one quite that small or curved to fit like that...

It's the oem one, or one nearly identical.

My current device is a Motorola Milestone on Telus, on one epic as hell EPP plan. Rooted and overclocked no less. Wish I could re rom it but whatever. Headphone jack is dead anyway so I doubt I'll keep it for much longer.

My current device is a Motorola Milestone on Telus, on one epic as hell EPP plan. Rooted and overclocked no less. Wish I could re rom it but whatever. Headphone jack is dead anyway so I doubt I'll keep it for much longer.

You could overclock the Telus Milestone? I had that same phone before my HD2 and there was a firm "no" to overclocking and the only answer to rooting was a Brazilian firmware file. Of course I sold it the day before Telus issued the 2.1 update.

mind giving some details of your plan? I'm on Rogers right now and might want to switch to Telus...

I'm currently using an HTC Touch Pro 2.
It's a nice phone but it weighs a ton.

You could overclock the Telus Milestone? I had that same phone before my HD2 and there was a firm "no" to overclocking and the only answer to rooting was a Brazilian firmware file. Of course I sold it the day before Telus issued the 2.1 update.

Get full root access, and you have the ability to load custom kernal modules thanks to someone on XDA, go figure, it works for overclocking ;)

1ghz @ 1.4v, no noticeable battery life hit, perfectly stable, emulators run beautiful.

pookguy, I'd give you details, but it is an employee offer for the best buy I work at, can't really share it unless you work there ;)

God, you're worse than my mobile manager! has has the exact same load out except replace the jawbones with BlueAnt products and no TP2 XD All company paid naturally <_<

[edit] Totally forgot to mention, even though you can get full root access, the boot loader is still not broken. There are no custom roms. The overclock module is basically a 1 touch overclock solution that gives you frequency selection and voltage control. It's awesome.

Last edited:
God, you're worse than my mobile manager! has has the exact same load out except replace the jawbones with BlueAnt products and no TP2 XD All company paid naturally <_<

I sure as heck did not pay for these, and I forgot to pull my blueant stuff out of the drawer. :p

/me patiently waiting for the influx of EVO pics in the next day or so... ;)

Congrats to you lucky bastiges that get one, wish I could myself but, I'm a holdout for an HD2 personally.

LG env touch and Samsung p2 as my mp3 player. this is my 7th (count em, 7) env touch in the last year because its such an awful phone

I have a Motorola Milestone running rooted 2.1 (this is an older photo!), app2sd, maps_brut_13, LauncherPro Beta, and overclocked to 800Mhz :D

Had it 6 months now and still love it and how much you can mod and tinker with it (even if the bootloader is locked unlike the Droid >.<)

4239830639_8115968921.jpg

My new HTC Incredible. I'll replace the screen covering with an InvisibleShield if I keep the phone. It's pretty small, especially after using an Evo for about a week. It's a little powerhouse, though. From what I've read, it's just about the same size as the iPhone 4.

IMG_1176.jpg

IMG_1179.jpg

IMG_1178.jpg

Last edited:
Back