Post your mining rigs!

Here are a few of mine (some were before spacing the cards so I know they were close):

IQBCYlI.jpg

fN15U7u.jpg

iTHwMMe.jpg

Z7ZOyXj.jpg

sILm3jT.jpg

The peg board is a genius idea. Used it on my rig for generous tie-down locations. Will post a picture soon.

Home depot is a lot cheaper than Lowe's for all these supplies BTW. You can build 2 of them for ~10 bucks. Get the to cut the pegboard as well!

2.2Mh 5x 270 rig at 700W from the wall. Note the two MSI's dwarf the Sapphire's.

miningrig1.jpg

Looking down, you can see the second support bar
miningrig2.jpg

Here you can see the metal fittings I used to fasten the power supplies and support the GPU beam. Cheap "frame" brackets at Lowes.
miningrig3.jpg

Last edited:
JS7nCsZh.jpg

1RHPEgch.jpg

5YAVvkjh.jpg

9Ohh52xh.jpg

LjsEnsch.jpg

GtfZb1Dh.jpg

4*gigabyte 7950's.
1*amd 6300
8gb ram.

Mining gridcoin in 6th place, and 1st place on the other similar (less fancy looking) rig.

Ran out of time to route wire and such, and in the end, neatness doesn't earn me more hash.

Depends. Just a smidge over 10mhs on scrypt. about 3.5mhs on scrypt-n.

I added a 5th 280x to this rig to bring overall hash power to 3.6MH/s. I had to swap out one of my CX750 PSUs in favor of a Seasonic M12II 850w which handles 3 cards and risers like a champ.

20140329_113842_zps66742c95.jpg

I added a 5th 280x to this rig to bring overall hash power to 3.6MH/s. I had to swap out one of my CX750 PSUs in favor of a Seasonic M12II 850w which handles 3 cards and risers like a champ.

20140329_113842_zps66742c95.jpg

do u have 1 or 2 x Seasonic M12II 850w that handle 3 cards?

do u need a convert molex to pcie to run second 280x from 750 and 850 psu?

No, the CX750 has 4 6 pin PCIe power connectors which satisfies the 2 280Xs it powers and the Seasonic has 6 6 pin PCIe power connectors which satisfies the 3 280x that it powers.

You're brave buying those, I don't have the balls with the difficulty going up in over 20% increments.

Level of refinement on those rigs keeps going up. Getting pretty fancy.

You're brave buying those, I don't have the balls with the difficulty going up in over 20% increments.

Well, I could easily sell them for $7000-7500 right now, and i've already mined with them for a month. Profit is profit, even if it's small.

Last edited:
Well, I could easily sell them for $7000-7500 right now, and i've already mined with them for a month. Profit is profit, even if it's small.

I've typically seen 10-20% net profit as a "normal" range. Obviously depends on what sector of the market the said business is in. But my power costs are 150-200/month, and I'm turning over $650-700/month. Well within a healthy net profit margin.

true -- profit is profit.

I have my tiny little 7Mhash scrypt farm at my house -- and while profit in terms of dollar amount is down (if I cashed out daily) it's still profit.

i only pay 5.5 cents per kWh - so it's easier for me :)

true -- profit is profit.

I have my tiny little 7Mhash scrypt farm at my house -- and while profit in terms of dollar amount is down (if I cashed out daily) it's still profit.

i only pay 5.5 cents per kWh - so it's easier for me :)

Yo, 5.5c per hour?

Ima comin' over to install my 22mhs.

Ciao :cool:

Yo, 5.5c per hour?

Ima comin' over to install my 22mhs.

Ciao :cool:

heh yeah, the tricky part though is (and it's already starting) cooling the hardware here in N. Texas. Winters are great, summer? Last year we had something like 1 or 2 solid weeks of 100+ temps. When it's midnight and the outside temp is 90... yeah that's a problem.

My rigs consume about 3000 watts per hour, between the outside temp and that, things are going to get interesting this summer.

im still trying to figure out why miners haven't banded together so that we can set prices...it's inevitable, because we hold the coins, actually, we process all the transactions which is more relevant

heh yeah, the tricky part though is (and it's already starting) cooling the hardware here in N. Texas. Winters are great, summer? Last year we had something like 1 or 2 solid weeks of 100+ temps. When it's midnight and the outside temp is 90... yeah that's a problem.

Try central Texas. We get 1 to 2+ months of over 100 days. I'm kind of glad I'm going the Gridseed route. Keeping the room cool is worth not having quite as much Mh/sec. The room I'm going to be running them in is my computer room. So, I don't want to sit in a room that's 90+.

Try central Texas. We get 1 to 2+ months of over 100 days. I'm kind of glad I'm going the Gridseed route. Keeping the room cool is worth not having quite as much Mh/sec. The room I'm going to be running them in is my computer room. So, I don't want to sit in a room that's 90+.

I'm in Dallas/FTW area.

Very familiar with the 100+ days. My solution - since I live alone in a 1600 square foot house. Two rigs in guest bedroom, two rigs in the living room area, and my desktop rig in my bedroom/office.

Even though I'm only paying ~5 cents per kWh delivered, I still want to save money and bought a 10k BTU portable AC on wheels to keep my bedroom cool. It's where I spend 90% of my time anyways on the computer or asleep. Why pay to keep the rest of the house at 75 or 80 degrees when I don't have to? Last electric bill was $104 and I uses 2000kWh - I'm a pretty happy man :)

I currently have a 6 x 750ti crate system in progress. I currently have 4 of them running (waiting on a few more riser cables), and when I walk in the room I can barely hear it running, nothing at all like my 7950s that I can hear in the basement through my floor. It's quiet enough I could sleep with it in my bedroom and it would not bother me. Fans are around 50% I think (I've left it on auto).

Temps range from the low 60's to mid 40's on mine. I couldn't be happier with my 750ti rig so far. Running +135 on core & +460 on memory.. getting almost 1,200 kh/s. Adding two more cards i'm hoping to hit 1,800 - 1,900. All under 600 watts :)

I'm using the Gigabyte windforce cards with the 6 pin pci-e plug on them. Here is an old pic when I was just running a few cards for testing.

Great news, how did you setup the Gigabyte wind force cards? Are you using a custom script? cgminer? Thanks!

Try the gulf coast of Texas, 100% humidity and 100+ degree weather. I have already stopped mining as its already getting hot here. I couldn't imagine what my house would be like in the summer.

Same here. Stop all mining. for 1-2$ a day after power cost is not worth my whole upstairs becoming like an oven more then it already is.

Same here. Stop all mining. for 1-2$ a day after power cost is not worth my whole upstairs becoming like an oven more then it already is.

Try my pool out (in signature). It supports X11 mining. :D

X11 is usually 67-75% the profit of scrypt, but with greatly reduced power consumption and GPU temperatures.

Try my pool out (in signature). It supports X11 mining. :D

X11 is usually 67-75% the profit of scrypt, but with greatly reduced power consumption and GPU temperatures.

I'm stocking X11 coins now. When scrypt asics hit that GPU has power is going to go somewhere..... somewhere ASICS aren't. It might take a year or two, but one of these alternate cryptos is likely to blow up like Litecoin did, mine early, reap later.

I'm mining some Dark and Hiro but of course, true to my form, both are steadily drooping :)
I put high prices in just in case they spike, but the slope is not presently in my favor ;)

I'm stocking X11 coins now. When scrypt asics hit that GPU has power is going to go somewhere..... somewhere ASICS aren't. It might take a year or two, but one of these alternate cryptos is likely to blow up like Litecoin did, mine early, reap later.

If you do that, DARK is probably the one you want to stock up on.

Back