Post Your Mac Setup!

I'm with GC3, I really dislike the MBP style keyboard, as does my MBP owning friend, and we both love the MB keyboard/new-apple keyboard style.

Its dif. gonna be a fresh desgin. Rumors has it that it'll be slimmer and will have a keyboard similar to the MB. Regardless, even if the new MBP blows, the older one will be that much cheaper! Ur talking about a saving of around $500 for the "outdated" version. But then again, with apple everything u buy will be outdated in a couple of months anyway.:rolleyes:

I got a huge saving on this one and I'm unlikely to get that for the next one so thats a mute point really.

If you wait for the next version all the time you'd never get one. Also apple rumors are often wildly wrong.

Here is my setup with the new MBP.

img3710qj6.jpg

@taylorwilsdon:
I'm glad I'm not the only person that set Adium background to be transparent :p

I've noticed overall that people that own a apple computers have much nicer offices and cleaner desk's then PC users lol..

Surely you kid Alex?
I don't really find that true though... Look at some of the people in the workstation thread. Of course there will be people with crappy ugly rooms but there are Mac users with that as well.
I do love the new MBP though.

I see a SteelCase LCD arm! Best LCD arm on the market. I use one, too. I hope it'll handle my soon to be delivered 30" Gateway.

Great looking setup!!

Wolf-

I don't think it's made by Steel Case, I'm pretty sure its a generic manufacturer. I wish I knew, there's absolutely no branding on the packaging.

Thanks! :D Definitely post your 30" when you get it!

P1000106.jpg

This is my set up, simple Macbook with 19 inch monitor. If you look closely, you can see the mock warning signs I've put up.

P1000107.jpg

Xbox 360 and Halo 3 Drawing that I got from X07 in Toronto.

P1000114.jpg

The desktop in a clean state. I love it.

P1000113.jpg

Macbook. Desk's a $5 junker, so I covered the dents and blemishes with tape in a X.

My new Macbook Pro

0618082051-00.jpg

0618082207-01.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality pics, I took them on my LG Shine.

Sorry...I don't have a fancy desk setup. I use it like a true laptop, (home, work, school, etc) no base!

0620080900.jpg

i'm on a nicer desk now, but you get the basic idea:

workstation.jpg

Maize n Blue Macbook Pro 2.4 c2d

Spring cleaning

2375789889_db470cacba.jpg

2375776833_0c39255e8a_o.jpg

Left to right...
Nightstand: PSP slim charger
Bed: Memory foam mattress and pillow, bed fream japanese inspired made in taiwan
Piano: M-audio prokeys 88sx, generic keyboard stand
Setup: MPB, Swan M10, Iphone, Apple wireless keyboard, MX Rev, Audio Technica AD700, Koss hold-a-phone, Coolermaster Notepal, Canon printer, generic MBP carry case, VX Rev, LG 22", Atlantic speaker stands from walmart, 500GB seagate free agent, desk from Fry's, cable management by velcro ties and A LOT of scotch tape..., panoramic poster of Hong Kong shot by yours truely.

Not shown: White PSP slim, Nikon D80, metal rack, crappy no more foam faux leather chair bought on sale from staples 10 years ago.G]

Runs in the closet and ready for speaker attacks...

I love the kleenex next to your bed. :D

934e13ea.jpg

572006cb.jpg

Top is my macbook and external, bottom is the entire room (yeah yeah, i know.. way to state the obvious.)

it looks really shoddy in that picture, hopefully that's just some in-between stuff, it'd be a shame to mess up such a clean looking laptop.

oh, it will be clean when im done with it.. i got interrupted during the first coat and haven't been able to find the time to finish it. I'll end up with two or three coats, a light sanding with a fine grain piece of sand paper, then a clear coat. Im going to end up putting the clear palmrest stickers on it, and probably coloring the keys all black, or some other color, im not sure what color the keys are going to be yet.

2008 MacPro 8x 2.8ghz, 6gb ram, 320gb boot, 3x500gb raid0 internal, 2x750gb raid0 external time machine backup, nvidia 8800gt 512mb w/ dual dell 2007fp 20" lcd's... and way too much junk

web.jpg

Love the locomotive and the media shelf.

Did you built the media shelf yourself?

i was just thinking the same thing.. He should at least have that mirrored.. if not grab a third 750 and raid 5 it.. I would never put a backup in raid 0 (actually, i would rather use raid 6.. but the last time i built an array, i was using 10+ drives, so I could handle using two drives for parity data)

Cryptic, that is a beautiful southern pacific locomotive. What scale is it? 1:8?

That is one high roller mac pro to, how do you like it? Do you use it for any specific programs? That is a lot of space. Nice rigs.

jesus, you didnt even take it apart before you painted it? that's just a shame right there man, that pic actually made me wince.

Back