Post your HeadPhones!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got around to taking pics of my new set. They're AKG K240 Sextett passive driver cans from around 1975. No doubt these are real, as they have the sliver rings around drivers, holes in the fake-leather headband, and 6 white half-circles visible through the perforated plastic inside the ear cup. These have 6 passive drivers and were the very first version of the now-famous AKG K240. The main difference from later model K240's, and the reason for the "Sextett" name are the six passive drivers under and surrounding the main driver that supliment the bass. Think of them as a passive radiator in a subwoofer. The K340 also has them, but it only has five, as the spot for the sixth is taken up by what most people refer to as the crossover. Some people over at (http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/what-exactly-akg-k240-sextett-276791/) will be able to tell you more about how they seriously dominate newer phones! 33 years old and mint condition. They put out some seriously well-defined, balanced sounds that are syrupy smooth and not nearly as harsh as modern phones (K240s included). The sources are my M-Audio Revo 7.1 card with some decent fixed bitrate 192 kbit/s mp3s direct from the card, through the headphone jack in my receiver, and Alesis Micron. Really sound phenomenal, turns the synth into a living and f*ckin breathing animal.

Here are some pics:
http://s230.photobucket.com/albums/ee295/plinko747/AKG%20K240%20Sextett/
Better pics with another camera to come soon.

What a steal, go these suckers for 10 bucks at a flea market.
Yes, I appreciate a good sounding setup and YES I hope you like the pics
They make me feel like I'm Stevie Wonder recording "Superstition" in the studio :cool:me: **LOOKS at pale skin** sigh...

Man... I'm still using the free headphones that came with the UT2003 dvd edition. They serve their purpose well.

Damn my DT770s 250s take a lot of power but they seem to be getting nasty from all the late hours playing WoW and listening to bass heavy music.
AH PISS. I should wash the pads, they seem to have a weird feeling.

Might have to switch back to my HD485s while I get these pads washed, HMM. Those were my buddies good ole HD485s.

Damn my DT770s 250s take a lot of power but they seem to be getting nasty from all the late hours playing WoW and listening to bass heavy music.
AH PISS. I should wash the pads, they seem to have a weird feeling.

Might have to switch back to my HD485s while I get these pads washed, HMM. Those were my buddies good ole HD485s.

HD485 FTW

HD485 FTW

They do sound good, LOTS OF bass, now it does not have the quality of the DT770s. Clearly an inferior headphone. It has the bass sound but it does not impact you like the DT770s physically blow air into your ear drums, the HD485s just have a bassy sound. I find myself tweaking the EQ more and more just to get the full spectrum of the DT770s. Now the AKG K81DJs I have are in the middle of both in terms of sound quality but pale in comparison to their comfortability.

Good thing these HD485 pads have stiffen up since I last abused them with long hours of usage.

I still need to pick out a nice dac I was leaning towards the Zhalou, unless anyone has a better option in the same price range. The amp is a CK2III that Mister X built for me.

I still need to pick out a nice dac I was leaning towards the Zhalou, unless anyone has a better option in the same price range. The amp is a CK2III that Mister X built for me.

Looks like its time to change those pads on the beyers..those 770s?

The zhaolu is a great DAC, ive been using a modded one for the past few months, comparing it with a Lavry DA10. You should really think of getting it upgraded though, get some blackgates in there, TXCO clock, maybe a Zapfilter if your pockets are deep. I also got mine with the opamps changed.

Heard alot of good things about the Zero DAC, which is pretty much the same build, different maker.

Yeah I need to replace the pads but I'm just holding out because I plan to send them off to make em into Darth beyers. Yeah, they are dt770's btw.

k, first I was interested with the DT770, now someone gave me links to reviews about Sennheiser PC 350 and its seems to be in my price range.

anyone with experience with this headphone?

thanks

k, first I was interested with the DT770, now someone gave me links to reviews about Sennheiser PC 350 and its seems to be in my price range.

anyone with experience with this headphone?

thanks

come on guys... let's keep this thread about the pics..

but since you asked.. forget about trying to compare the PC 350 to the DT770's. Just save a little longer for the 770's and get a usb mic. You will thank me later. :p

edit: those 350's are just as expensive as the 770's.

dt770.jpg

AKG K240 Studio

Bought these at a flea market with a dead left channel. Opened them up to find the ground wire came off so I re soldered it. Best $10 I've ever spent :)

IMG_0744.jpg

Hello, this is my first post. Here are some of my current and past headphones, most of them are gone actually, lol

IMG_0791.jpg

IMG_0810.jpg

IMG_1270.jpg

Picture001.jpg

IMG_1191.jpg

IMG_1167.jpg

Picture001-1.jpg

IMG_1159.jpg

IMG_1076.jpg

MisterX M^3:

Picture002.jpg

I think I was drunk when I sold it :(

Hello, this is my first post. Here are some of my current and past headphones, most of them are gone actually, lol

IMG_0810.jpg

I think I was drunk when I sold it :(

How did you like the AKG K 701 while you own/owned it?

P.S. Are the last ones HD650s?

This is what I used to have:

rs1ppx3wc3.jpg

A while ago I sold the amp and gave the RS1 to my brother (who has been using stock earbuds for his whole life). Now I'm using this (note that I only placed the O2 there for photo taking purposes):

61678739ak7.jpg

I don't think I will ever change/upgrade my headphones again, unless an Omega 3 comes out. I might get a KGSS sometime in the future after I upgraded my external DAC.

wow after looking at some of the headphones here.i am almost embarrassed to post mine lol.i got a set of turtle beach 5.1 headphones.model hpa2 with the small inline amp.i do have to say for movies,and games they are fairly nice.

100_0541.jpg

100_0540.jpg

HPA2_speaker-cutaway-w-call.gif

I'm interested in recabling my cans i got dt880s How much would it cost me and how long?

About $150 for some Cardas. It gives them a little more depth and a richer sound.
What type of music do you listen to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back