Post your "Ghetto Mod" pics

• Thread starter Deleted member 96510
  • Start date
ok, heres my second entry in addition to my cardboard side panel and cd drive storage tray
i present to you......the 'type r' intake/ground effects kit and the sliding mouse tray ( i did that a while ago)

^^ note the fan thats mounted where the usb ports are supposed to be, its time to give her some more air :D

and heres my ghetto mouse tray that serves me well :)

TSS Modder said:
hehe. i love the conveniently placed 'cutout' in the center of the mousepad. :D ;)
lol, i had to cut out that hole so that my steering wheel fits on there :p
and actually, its pretty comfortable since my chair is perfectly at the same level as the tray

you all have been begging for that update that I promised… and since pirate asked so nicly.. here it is.

im apirate said:
Im sorry that is way toooooo fucking funny

I said I would begin work on a pressure meter, and if I didn’t say that, I did anyway. My first attempt was with a drinking straw equalized to atmospheric pressure with a back lit display. It is hooked in with some air tube from my sister’s fish tank.
pressure1.jpg

The design was great, and it worked perfectly when *I* was providing the pressure, but when i hooked it up to the air duct, it hardly moved a millimeter! I guess ill need a smaller straw.

pressure2.jpg

in my dad’s study, he had some “ship” style weather gauges, so I decided to steal them. It turns out that they either don’t work, or work very slowly. I marked what the gauges were reading when I put them in with a sharpie, and a few minutes later I took this pic:

gauges.jpg

and they hadn’t moved. I tried switching the fan on and off, nothing. I guess ill actually have to get back to work on homemade gauges. These read, from L-R, Humidity (%relative), pressure (inches of something, 28-31”) and temperature (degrees F). Tiz a shame.

For those of you concerned with condensation when the ac goes off, I just finished installing the high tech changeover to vent in atmospheric pressure room temperature air:
changeover.jpg

it allows instantaneous switching, using more carbon fiber! W00t.

and i would like to inform you all i have been working non stop on the software, avalible for download here. if the link isnt working, try clicking it harder.

software.jpg

it takes the first derivative of bitches per day, which happens to be DB sound pressure. any physics teacher worth his 15c per hour will tell you that. hope you enjoy using it!
theshadow27 said:
and they hadn’t moved. I tried switching the fan on and off, nothing. Tiz a shame.
update! the baromator does work it -- predicted that it would storm today, which it did. it is usless for pressure mesurements, but my vapor cooled setup can predict weather. can a VapoChill do that? HELL NO!

here is an example of the USB interface's output:
System_Monitor_PRO(Columbus v.1492) said:
relative humidity: 65%

furiousfords89 said:
lol, i had to cut out that hole so that my steering wheel fits on there :p
and actually, its pretty comfortable since my chair is perfectly at the same level as the tray
for some reason im not buying into this whole 'steering wheel' story.... ;)

shadow: ...... :eek:

words cannot descride how incredible freaking ghetto that is... and you put so much effort into making it look ghetto, too! congrats to you.

youve definately earned the title of 'Ghetto [H]ard HVAC' and 5 more foodstamps to go along w/ it! :D congrats!

knaSen said:
Btw, what is foodstamps?
in america we have poor people who are too lazy to go out and make a living, so they decide to live off of our government. one way ppl do it is by using foodstamps, which allow them to buy food. its like money, but theyre stamps so the bums dont go out and buy drugs or alcohol.

since this is the ghetto thread, our rating system is measured in 'foodstamps' because the ghetto items the guys post in here are cheaply and 'ghettoly' made because theyre 'poor.' ;)

TSS Modder said:
in america we have poor people who are too lazy to go out and make a living, so they decide to live off of our government.

imo that is unnecessary and shouldnt be in this thread as it is a political opinion that should have no place in this thread.

sabrewolf732 said:
imo that is unnecessary and shouldnt be in this thread as it is a political opinion that should have no place in this thread.

Don't start a flame war mate... he was just trying to explain foodstamps.

TSS Modder said:
in america we have poor people who are too lazy to go out and make a living, so they decide to live off of our government. one way ppl do it is by using foodstamps, which allow them to buy food. its like money, but theyre stamps so the bums dont go out and buy drugs or alcohol.

since this is the ghetto thread, our rating system is measured in 'foodstamps' because the ghetto items the guys post in here are cheaply and 'ghettoly' made because theyre 'poor.' ;)

alright, cool cool.. :) So the foodstamps works in every store? like "You may buy food for XXX dollahZ" ?

tommo said:
Don't start a flame war mate... he was just trying to explain foodstamps.

im not trying to, I never stated whether I agreed with his opinion or not... (and I wont state my opinion because it doesnt belong here). All I said was that, that statement shouldnt be in this thread.. which is true.

knaSen said:
alright, cool cool.. :) So the foodstamps works in every store? like "You may buy food for XXX dollahZ" ?

as far as I know, certain places take them and others dont. Think of them as checks from the government that can only purchase food.

sabrewolf732 said:
as far as I know, certain places take them and others dont. Think of them as checks from the government that can only purchase food.

Aight, thanks... Would be good for the bums in Sweden too, they walk around in the subway and asks for money to buy booze and drugs and stuff... If you offer them food they get angry :D

knaSen said:
Aight, thanks... Would be good for the bums in Sweden too, they walk around in the subway and asks for money to buy booze and drugs and stuff... If you offer them food they get angry :D

lmfao. Actually most bums I have seen dont take food stamps. Mostly people with houses but no job and kids get them I think.

ok, i swear this will be my last entry in this thread, or ill try my best to make it my last :p

roflmao.... this is starting to make me look embarassing :eek:

don't the fan grills detract from the ghettoness? Maybe you should replace those with some badly cut, used window screen or something. And what's with using actual screws to hold them on? Otherwise, bad job and I mean that in a good way. :)

Captain Colonoscopy said:
don't the fan grills detract from the ghettoness? Maybe you should replace those with some badly cut, used window screen or something. And what's with using actual screws to hold them on? Otherwise, bad job and I mean that in a good way. :)

well i have to maintain a certain level of sanity and practicality becuase my dad would start complaining, but yes..i have used window screen as fan grills/filters before ;)

desk3uw.jpg

Exhibits:

A: vessal to hold liqud
B: empty toilet papper rolls
C: enegry giving soups
D: toy for down time

I rest my case on how you make money for your Ghetto Endevers for your computer!

soulsaver_8229

knaSen said:

Heh, sounds like typical homeless folk around where I live (see location near name). Speaking of Sweden though, oh how I would love to visit that country. The beer, the women and the heavy metal, all top notch :p .

Mojo3k70 said:
Heh, sounds like typical homeless folk around where I live (see location near name). Speaking of Sweden though, oh how I would love to visit that country. The beer, the women and the heavy metal, all top notch :p .

You are welcome to visit any day man. :D

lol, i couldnt sleep last night because i thought about adding to my already obnoxious fart can

how about a muffler to go with it? :p

if you think it looks bad, u should hear what it sounds like :eek:

soulsaver_8229 said:
*snip*

I rest my case on how you make money for your Ghetto Endevers for your computer!

soulsaver_8229

:confused: Where are the mods, and what are you talking about?

was a joke, basicly i was saying hes a sprem doner and making money to fund his ghetto mods......ok fine heres one i need to take a pic not ghetto just stupid i guess :p basicly i had to tin snip the back end to fit the VGA connecter to the dvi output cause the vid card is in top pci slot and wasnt room at all to use the vga connecter

compmod.jpg

and yes my pictures suck, i know, i am lazy so very lazy :(

soulsaver_8229

soulsaver_8229 said:
soulsaver_8229
you get 2.0 foodstamps for being too lazy to buy your own food, camrea, or vga connector

soulsaver_8229 said:
was a joke, basicly i was saying hes a sprem doner and making money to fund his ghetto mods......ok fine heres one i need to take a pic not ghetto just stupid i guess :p basicly i had to tin snip the back end to fit the VGA connecter to the dvi output cause the vid card is in top pci slot and wasnt room at all to use the vga connecter

[IMtp://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/soulsaver_8229/compmod.jpg[/IMG]

soulsaver_8229

What am I looking at>?

You are looking at the back of my computer, there was a metal bar going across there above the VGA connector, in order to use my video card i had to cut that bar......i dunno its a very poor excuse to post in this thread sorry :(

soulsaver_8229

If you add some duct tape.. .food products... hot sexy women...

we might forgive you.

KodiakStar said:
we might forgive you.
keyword = might. it is a remote possablity... we would need to take a vote with cardboard box balots using a punch-box system, and after watching florida do it, im not so keen on the idea :p

furiousfords89 said:

err, wow. aplause! bravo.

-.5 for blue tape, too expensive, next time use clear packing tape, or USPS priority tape
-.5 for taking the time to write APEX twice... we get that its jap crap
-.25 for cleaning out the roman noodles cup before attaching it
-----------------
3.75 foodstamps

now all it needs is a shift knob made out of a tenis ball (been there, done that :p ) and you have a JDM masterpiece that would make any ricer cry of joy

Back