Post your "Ghetto Mod" pics

• Thread starter Deleted member 96510
  • Start date
[ DarkMonkey ] - Here's mine, copied out of my like 4 month old post about it.

I was looking at my FX 5200 and noticed that the cooler is little more than a cage holding the fan in place, and decided to upgrade it... I pretty much make my mods up as I go along. I had a bunch of old parts laying around, and took an old p1 low profile heatsink.

3 foodstamps with a +.7 Guitar wire bonus = 3.7 foodstamps.

Socket7 said:
Cardboard and duct tape is a modders best friend. This little number has gotten me a +10C drop on all my case temps, and has allowed me to OC my GPU 10 mhz more. I gain 147 3d marks vs stock speeds. It should work even better in the winter. :D
ductsm.jpg

G-h-e-t-t-o

Me likes cardboard and tape. 4.5 foodstamps

[ QUOTE - Larson2042 ]The three phases of my laptop cooler. Last summer, my laptop was sitting flat on my desk and would overheat and shut off when gaming. I couldn't have this, hence phase 1:

Larson2042-32.jpg

Very nice.....yet very ghetto at the same time. Kinda some zen ghetto shit right there.

4.7 foodstamps

[QUOTE - DR_K13] - Ghetto CPU Duct.

I needed epoxy for another mod, so I opened the tube and only had one Mix-Tray left. I noticed the tube was metal, I painted it a crappy black ( only one coat ,1337?!) ground down the edge and cut the bottom, Cut a hole in the side panel of one of my Folding Farm rigs, added a filter, and epoxied the tube on.
She runs way cooler.

dsc00327.jpg

Ghetto....2.0 foodstamps +1 [H]ard folding bonus = 3.0 foodstamps

I "lapped" my homemade water block for my CPU by scraping it on the concrete walls of my basement.

JL_Audio_User said:
Cardboard, Tape and even better..its cardboard from a case of beer....and its upside down!

4.1 foodstamps
u missed the trash bag ties :p

You know what I would love to see. A cardboard case with a Ziploc side window. I think that would definitely be a hit in this thread

wolfofsin said:
You know what I would love to see. A cardboard case with a Ziploc side window. I think that would definitely be a hit in this thread

That would be cool but you have to stay ahead of the game. I want to see a cardboard case that has ziploc windows that have been covered over in black garbage bag for that low rider, tinted window, pimp look....

I use a fedex cardboard box to line my panels - it isolates the sound from my 30$ case.. is that ghetto?

tommo said:
I use a fedex cardboard box to line my panels - it isolates the sound from my 30$ case.. is that ghetto?
not unless u show us sum pics :p

THIS JUST IN off the front lines of the west side:

the fan on my friend's GPU died, probably due to him trying the "7 volt trick" unsucessfuly...

he asked me to help him hook up a better one, so i did :D

GPU.jpg

underneath the ductape, there is a 486 heatsink held on with 4 rubber bands, a 80mm fan ductaped to the card, and a slot cooler, half taken apart, blowing hot air out the back. i did the wireing, so it works, but thats all that i can claim responsablity for. he took my frinkin clear duct tape sample roll too, that sob.

he OC's with it too! :eek:

EDIT: btw, the TT blower sitting ontop of the GPU, that is for the northbridge (it didnt come with a fan) it is just resting on the top, with one piece of tape holding it down. personaly, i think it does nothing. but hey, what the hell, one more fan cant hurt!

theshadow27 said:
THIS JUST IN off the front lines of the west side:

the fan on my friend's GPU died, probably due to him trying the "7 volt trick" unsucessfuly...

he asked me to help him hook up a better one, so i did :D

underneath the ductape, there is a 486 heatsink held on with 4 rubber bands, a 80mm fan ductaped to the card, and a slot cooler, half taken apart, blowing hot air out the back. i did the wireing, so it works, but thats all that i can claim responsablity for. he took my frinkin clear duct tape sample roll too, that sob.

he OC's with it too! :eek:

EDIT: btw, the TT blower sitting ontop of the GPU, that is for the northbridge (it didnt come with a fan) it is just resting on the top, with one piece of tape holding it down. personaly, i think it does nothing. but hey, what the hell, one more fan cant hurt!

It's Ghetto, its dirty, and it looks dangerous (ghetto triple play)

4.3 foodstamps

i think i could have gotten higher, but my tennis ball can that i hot glued onto the side for a cup holder broke off.... it was also zebra striped. I also tried to drill holes in the case to wire christmas tree lights, but it was to boring, and the dell case has got to much metal bars and plastic shit so oh well

i just cant let this thread die. thisafternoon, i got hit by a surge of ghetto insperation. Notice the carbon fiber duct work***, the low riding air skirt, and the high speed data cables surrounding the machine.

foldpowa.jpg

the genral idea is to keep your computer more comfertable then you are:

pwnd.jpg

future upgrades to this fully expandable system include a pressure difrentiatior to prevent overheating in an event of AC failure (a piece of paper taped to a hole in the side), a flow indicator (a pinwheel) and a DB meter (piece of paper to tally mom's bitching)

EDIT: *** note: cardboard is made from wood fibers. wood is made from carbon. = carbon fiber

theshadow27 said:

pwnd.jpg

There are too many good things to list. Lets just say you get the first perfect score I've given.

5.0 Foodstamps!

OMG, you have got to be kidding me. I can't believe what I have seen. That is trully the definition of ghetto.

theshadow27 said:
i just cant let this thread die. thisafternoon, i got hit by a surge of ghetto insperation. Notice the carbon fiber duct work***, the low riding air skirt, and the high speed data cables surrounding the machine.

http://www.theeshadow.net/files/foldpowa.jpg

http://www.theeshadow.net/files/pwnd.jpg

future upgrades to this fully expandable system include a pressure difrentiatior to prevent overheating in an event of AC failure (a piece of paper taped to a hole in the side), a flow indicator (a pinwheel) and a DB meter (piece of paper to tally mom's bitching)

EDIT: *** note: cardboard is made from wood fibers. wood is made from carbon. = carbon fiber

5.0 Footstamps! Great use of cardboard and duct tape!

Here I am taking my pc out of my previous case...
ghetto.esd.strap.jpg

Now my current rig...
ugliestcasemod.jpg

I'm still using my pre-ordered Visiontek GeForce Ti 4600, but the fan has been scraping up
against the heat sink cover...so I just put more distance between the fan and the fan cover.
So I tore up some penny saver coupons into some spacers...
ghettoworkaround8.jpg

ghettoworkaround9.jpg

It only worked for a little while...so I had to take some of my social security check and get
a new fan...but using the supplied plastic retaining tabs was too hard to push in...
so I used a twisty tie from the grocery store to hold the fan in place...
ti.4600.new.fan.15.jpg

ti.4600.new.fan.16.jpg

ti.4600.new.fan.17.jpg

ti.4600.new.fan.18.jpg

Dude, you have that set up on shag carpet? It's gonna be a tower-sized dustball within a month!

Even so, 5.0 foodstamps just for the amount of space it takes up.

theshadow27 said:

http://www.theeshadow.net/files/pwnd.jpg

Master Ninja said:
Dude, you have that set up on shag carpet? It's gonna be a tower-sized dustball within a month!
hundreds of man-hours of engeering went into this project. the shag is a dust filter, put there specificly for that purpose. :p

theshadow27 said:

[/B]. = carbon fiber

I say stamps deducted for spendy blue painters masking tape but stamps added because your mod had already started being used as a table. It is hours old and you are already stacking crap on it!

Bonus ambience stamps for, brown shag, morse code key and funky dedicated monitor storage table in the backround.

kuyaglen said:
So I tore up some penny saver coupons into some spacers...

It only worked for a little while...so I had to take some of my social security check and get
a new fan...but using the supplied plastic retaining tabs was too hard to push in...
so I used a twisty tie from the grocery store to hold the fan in place...

Penny saver coupons :eek: Cashin the social security check :eek:

I bought my first subwoofers waay back when from an add in the penny savers! JL Audio 10W1-4's<<<<I loved those speakers.

1 Foodstamp for the memories :)
.5 Foodstamps for messin with the Soc Sec check for your computer and
2 Foodstamps for the ghetto riggin

3.5 foodstamps

This thread has Inspired me... Ill make a ghetto box tonight for one of my farm members...

Kuyaglen gets 4 FS just for his ghetto Grounding method
Look in Pic 1
what is that Tin foil!!!

LOL :p

Really quick, not really a mod, but a tip from Antec's site of all places:

styrofoam.jpg

Just a piece of styrofoam from my printer box, which is where all of the empy desk space is normally used up. The second piece was from my CD drive a loooong time ago, and it helps quiet a little bit more. Because of the syrofoam, I can now actually see the side fan over the printer :)

ikellensbro said:
Really quick, not really a mod, but a tip from Antec's site of all places:

styrofoam.jpg

Just a piece of styrofoam from my printer box, which is where all of the empy desk space is normally used up. The second piece was from my CD drive a loooong time ago, and it helps quiet a little bit more. Because of the syrofoam, I can now actually see the side fan over the printer :)
if you ask me this is stupid

Back