Post your Eyefinity workstation

i thought id try and spread this. hopefully someone on [H] can win!

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/LandingPages/Eyefinity

HOLY SMOKES I WON... just got an email from them.. they said sorry about the late response but you were selected as the winner! crazy and random.. I had completely forgotten about this... going to buy another 5870 with the giftcard ($500).

w00t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

no kiddin??
Congrats Rev!

Thanks... still nothing in the mail... but I am guessing it will take a while to "process". I think I am going to get one of those 2gb 5870s and sell my vanilla one, then get a second 2gb one later on... then I might be able to use AA and DX10 shadows on lotro again. lol. ;)

Last edited:
I'm kind of confused as to why this thread belongs in the case mod forum, but meh, what ever...

IMG_1650.jpg

Running Dirt 2:

IMG_1614.jpg

Just got my eyefinity set up! I must say, gaming with this does take a good amount of getting used to.

Eyefinity1.jpg

Eyefinity2.jpg

^^ (love the case and the headphones setup) ^^

Thanks... still nothing in the mail... but I am guessing it will take a while to "process". I think I am going to get one of those 2gb 5870s and sell my vanilla one, then get a second 2gb one later on... then I might be able to use AA and DX10 shadows on lotro again. lol. ;)

I finally got the $500 new egg gift certificate from CyberPower for the eyefinity sweepstakes... and I promptly used it to get two GTX470s.. ouch! I know... pretty bad, but the Nvidia surround performance + stability seems to be better in a multi-gpu env..

I must be one of the lucky ones who have had no issues with Crossfire in Eyefinity. My FPS is fine, it's right up there along with the GTX470 and GTX480.

Which do you prefer AlvinMaker, Portrait or Landscape? I've only tried Landscape and was curious about trying portait for games but it seems like Landscape is better because you can see more with your periphreal vision. I could see it's usefulness if you do other things like documents and web browsing, but for gaming only, it seems like landscape is the better choice.

Which do you prefer AlvinMaker, Portrait or Landscape? I've only tried Landscape and was curious about trying portait for games but it seems like Landscape is better because you can see more with your periphreal vision. I could see it's usefulness if you do other things like documents and web browsing, but for gaming only, it seems like landscape is the better choice.

I was digging the Portrait setup when I first set it up, mainly because of the "wow" factor of all the real estate. But I have had it in Landscape for the last couple of months, and haven't switched back since. The extended peripheral is more impressive to me than just the sheer "big TV" effect of Portrait.

So Landscape it is!...for now...;)

I did same with portrait but had to borrow a monitor once so put the other two to landscape, and that's how all 3 ended up.

I think the title of this thread should be changed to "show of your multi-monitor gaming setup" or something like that..

I think the title of this thread should be changed to "show of your multi-monitor gaming setup" or something like that..

I can see how that would seem to be a more appropriate title. ALTHOUGH, I do actually do ProShow Producer and video editing work on mine, so I guess I am OK... ;)

I can see how that would seem to be a more appropriate title. ALTHOUGH, I do actually do ProShow Producer and video editing work on mine, so I guess I am OK... ;)

LOL.. fair enough.. "multi-monitor" setup... might be better for the displays forum.. ;)

OH and... I got up to do some gaming this morning.. but then realized..

P1020170.jpg

It's CATURDAY. ;) another formerly eyefinity now surround setup.. overrun by kittens... er... well, if you can be overrun by two kittens..

I know my displays are probably too angled for most people's likes, but it works for me.

LOL.. fair enough.. "multi-monitor" setup... might be better for the displays forum.. ;)

OH and... I got up to do some gaming this morning.. but then realized..

P1020170.jpg

It's CATURDAY. ;) another formerly eyefinity now surround setup.. overrun by kittens... er... well, if you can be overrun by two kittens..

I know my displays are probably too angled for most people's likes, but it works for me.

Nice... How are you liking the triple monitor stand? (assuming that's what I see)

I Have been on the fence on picking one up, mainly because I am VERY retentive on my monitors lining up just right, and I couldn't tell from the pics I have seen whether their is enough adjustment to do that.

When those grow older won't they scratch your LCDs? Nefarious felines!

yeah, they have needle sharp claws now.. so far no scratches.. they seem to use more pad and not much claw... I have been "shush"ing them but had to get at least one pic.. the female calico is very interested in the games.. she will sit there watching for a while then get too interested and start batting..

these displays were cheap, and just to get my foot in the door with eyefinity... while I don't want them messed up if something did happen I guess it'll be time to upgrade. ;)

Nice... How are you liking the triple monitor stand? (assuming that's what I see)

I Have been on the fence on picking one up, mainly because I am VERY retentive on my monitors lining up just right, and I couldn't tell from the pics I have seen whether their is enough adjustment to do that.

It's actually three stands, a setup I bought off another [H]er.. two solo Ergotrons (unsure of the model #) for the sides and one "Neo-Flex" for the middle.. I love these stands though, I like having my displays up high so I don't slouch while I am gaming for long periods.. here's a pic.

P1020173.jpg

Superchi, very nice setup, but lets see some pics of that v350! Whats the specs?

Thanks, you have a good eye despite how crappy my picture came out lol. It's a V350 with a panel modded by friend to add a window, although at the moment, it's not too much of an impressive showing.

It's a bit of a bare minimum setup as priorities changed to the two little buddies pictured above:

ASUS M4A785T-M
AMD Phenom II X2 "unleashed" to X4
4GB G.Skill DDR3
XFX Radeon HD 5770
Throw in some fans and a 1TB HDD and it's good to go

Needs a little WM and I need to redo the lighting but hell it runs which is the least I could say for the past few laptops I went through before coming onto this setup.

2nkmbs1.jpg

Looks good, execpt the window part with the hdd cage, I like it when its just the lower part, but dude I wish I had your eyefinity setup.

[snip]
It's actually three stands, a setup I bought off another [H]er.. two solo Ergotrons (unsure of the model #) for the sides and one "Neo-Flex" for the middle.. I love these stands though, I like having my displays up high so I don't slouch while I am gaming for long periods.. here's a pic.

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e40/r3v3nant/PC MODDING/P1020173.jpg

jeez... just looking at my displays from above they look so angled.. I think I will try flattening them some more this weekend..

seconded.. love the posters.. and the tv above... I need to hang a screen on my office wall for movies.. getting sick of watching them in a window on my main panel.

Back