Post your DFI Lanparty UT nF3 250Gb motherboard results

lil layzie

Gawd
Does anyone on this forum have this board yet? I know it's a little early but if you got the board, please post your results.

I'm coming, I'm coming
cleanteeth.gif

Mines due in next week.....haven't mess with HT up to now, so I have a lot to catch up on.

I'm getting a 3200+ for my AMD re-entry - cooling with a Gigabyte 3D Rocket....the rest is in my sig. I hope. :confused:

Why you make me think about it again :mad:

Mine will be in my machine Monday

will let you know

^^LOL.

Well, I'll be looking forward to seeing the results. Hopefully, there will be a lot of positive things about this board.

Well i got her up and running, I love the board so far

I didn't get a good heatsink yet :( but i'm working on it
I also didn't have a lot of time to mess with all the settings but i just set her to 240fsb @ 1.55v and she's running good so far :cool:

will post more tomorrow after i get some free play time :D

AMD T-type said:
set her to 240fsb @ 1.55v and she's running good so far :cool:
240fsb and no mention in your profile of the type of memory you're using.
:confused: Got my mobo today. Won't have a chance to play with it until the weekend. I have my Adata PC4200 waiting to go in there. My goal is 250x10. :)

Anantech did a 754 "roundup" BTW- Is it a roundup with only 3 mobos? Anyway, its the first time I've seen time I've seen anyone try the 1.5CAS setting. They ran it 1.5-2-2-10 with some OCZ. :eek: But they didn't post any test results at those timing. I wonder if anyone with some low latency could give it a try and post the results. I'll give it a try with my HyperX PC3000 and Mushkin Promo 2-2-2 after I finish with my Adata.

Gundamit said:
:confused: Got my mobo today. Won't have a chance to play with it until the weekend. I have my Adata PC4200 waiting to go in there. My goal is 250x10. :)

he's got it in there... 2 x 512MB KHX PC3000, bh-5

anyone getting a chipset fan for theirs? if so which one? (anandtech was saying how the chipset heatsink was running really hot... and that they might have gotten better overclocks swapping out the heatsink).

also what hsf combos will you guys be using?

Damm i cant wait to see the results from this baord, i so badly want to replace my problematic MSI k8t neo pos

xcoldricex said:
anyone getting a chipset fan for theirs? if so which one? (anandtech was saying how the chipset heatsink was running really hot... and that they might have gotten better overclocks swapping out the heatsink).

I have a Tiger1 setting around.....I don't know if it will fit, but as soon as I confirm she's alive I'll slap 'er on and let every one know.

Gundamit said:

Anantech did a 754 "roundup" BTW- Is it a roundup with only 3 mobos? Anyway, its the first time I've seen time I've seen anyone try the 1.5CAS setting. They ran it 1.5-2-2-10 with some OCZ. :eek: But they didn't post any test results at those timing. I wonder if anyone with some low latency could give it a try and post the results. I'll give it a try with my HyperX PC3000 and Mushkin Promo 2-2-2 after I finish with my Adata.

as my roomate said, I do have it in my sig, the same KHX3000 you have
I have my vdimm set at 3.1V and the memory is running 2-3-2-10
not bad for some $170 memory :cool:

as it turns out though, the highest i can run the HTT clock is 240 MHz, anything beyond that the external SATA ports don't work (ports 1 and 2 on lower part of the board), and this goes for all the boards
The board does go higher stable but i have 3 SATA hard drives so unfortunately i have to stay at 2.4GHz for the time being until they fix the problem

c'mon people, get those boards running and post some results !!!

AMD T-type said:
as my roomate said, I do have it in my sig, the same KHX3000 you have
I have my vdimm set at 3.1V and the memory is running 2-3-2-10
not bad for some $170 memory :cool:

as it turns out though, the highest i can run the HTT clock is 240 MHz, anything beyond that the external SATA ports don't work (ports 1 and 2 on lower part of the board), and this goes for all the boards
The board does go higher stable but i have 3 SATA hard drives so unfortunately i have to stay at 2.4GHz for the time being until they fix the problem

c'mon people, get those boards running and post some results !!!

Lost my post to being logged out.... So in brief, with this DFI board, I have one newcastle 3200+ running at (prime stable overnight) 239x11, 1.55 volts. Better than my epox nf3 and asus k8v se dx. I have 3 more of these cpus and hope to get one stable in the upper 230s in a warmer room. It'll be great to be able to use sata drives and run some khx3000 memory at 1:1. :D

I got a 3400 Clawhammer CG (praying that it is) coming in by the end of the week. I placed an order on Gameve for the board but their next shipment is due in on the 28th so I still have 2 more weeks to wait. :(

So right now I'm just waiting for my board and picking out ram. Either going with OCZ pc3500/pc3700 EB ram or maybe Crucial pc4000 Ballistix.

lil layzie said:
Does anyone on this forum have this board yet? I know it's a little early but if you got the board, please post your results.
only got mine 2 days ago, with my AMD64 3400+ Newcastle which did 2660mhz (10x 266mhz 2-2-2-6 1T) on AN50R, my first oc (just testing) at 10x 240HTT 2-2-2-6 at 1T at 3.0v vdimm with vcore, vAGP, vChipset all AUTO :)

this board is awesome :)

i haven't got my board yet. it's on back order. i have a question about ram for this board.

what is single rank and what is double rank? the online manual says that using all 3 dimms in single rank, i can get ddr 400 speeds. if all 3 dimms are double rank i can only get ddr 333 speeds?

i am looking at 1.5GB of Kingston HyperX DDR500. i can get a pretty good deal on them. i know the spec sheet says these modules need +2.6 volts, so there shouldn't be a problem with them on the DFI board as it supports dram voltage control.

will this memory work with the DFI board?

here's the link to the pdf manual for the DFI board:

http://www.dfi.com.tw/Upload/Manual...081000414-r.pdf

mcgirkz said:
i haven't got my board yet. it's on back order. i have a question about ram for this board.

what is single rank and what is double rank? the online manual says that using all 3 dimms in single rank, i can get ddr 400 speeds. if all 3 dimms are double rank i can only get ddr 333 speeds?

i am looking at 1.5GB of Kingston HyperX DDR500. i can get a pretty good deal on them. i know the spec sheet says these modules need +2.6 volts, so there shouldn't be a problem with them on the DFI board as it supports dram voltage control.

will this memory work with the DFI board?

here's the link to the pdf manual for the DFI board:

http://www.dfi.com.tw/Upload/Manual...081000414-r.pdf

No problem running the Hyper-X, my Corsair PC3500 is running c2.3 450 DDR at 2.8 V-Mem....here's a screenie for those still salivating - this is on air.
site1027.jpg

mcgirkz said:

single sided memory and dual sided memory

xcoldricex said:

I use the Swifty NB on mine. The chipset on this board gets pretty damn warm, esp when you crank the volts up.

AMD t-Type said:

First of all, you need to be using the SATA ports closes to their AGP port. The limitation on your OC has something to do with the onboard Marvel chip. Also, set your LDT to AUTO.. If you choose to set it to something else, be sure it doesnt exceed 2.5 - 3.0.

For the real scoop on this board, hit www.xtremesystems.org. Anandtech has more lames running around then i care to count.

More info the you could digest on this board.

The Mofo said:
First of all, you need to be using the SATA ports closes to their AGP port. The limitation on your OC has something to do with the onboard Marvel chip. Also, set your LDT to AUTO.. If you choose to set it to something else, be sure it doesnt exceed 2.5 - 3.0.

For the real scoop on this board, hit www.xtremesystems.org. Anandtech has more lames running around then i care to count.

More info the you could digest on this board.

he has 3 SATA drives which means he has to use the other sata ports, and he has read that

Someone tell me why DFI didn't use the Nvidia MAC and opted to use the pos Marvell chip for LAN?

AMD T-type said:
single sided memory and dual sided memory

ok thanks for the clarification AMD T-type and AUDSCOTT

i bought the ram, it should be here at the end of the month. hopefully NCIX will have the DFI board instock by then

Just checking - are you guys all using ClockGen to OC? I read that thats the way to go - and not the constant rebooting and using the BIOS that Ive done with my 2.4C and XP-M 2600+?

I hope to get this board and move to the A64 soon - will post if/when that happens.

2dFx said:
Someone tell me why DFI didn't use the Nvidia MAC and opted to use the pos Marvell chip for LAN?

they DO use the nVidia MAC, but the Marvell PHY, just like the ASUS K8N-E and the MSI board.

well here's where i am at the moment with this board not 100% stable still figuring it out but.... :D

AMD64 3400+ Newcastle @ 11x 245HTT = 2695mhz at 1.55v + 113% = 1.7515v (1.744v idle)
DFI Lanparty UT NF3-250Gb 14/09/04 bios
1x 256MB KHX3200K2/512 BH-5 @ 245mhz 2-2-2-6 1T at 3.1v
Win2K SP4

Swiftech MCW6002 + MCP650 Pump
Heatercore with 2x 120x38mm Panaflo 103cfm fans

pifast_tweak-8-12-2-2-1-1_all.jpg

superpi-1m_tweaked.jpg

superpi-8m_tweaked.jpg

Still windows cpu temps are over reported by at least 10-14C.... CPU temp = 43-46C idle and 56-62C load!

well here's where i am at the moment with this board not 100% stable still figuring it out but.... :D

I had the same problem until Increased my DRAM voltage, silky now, even at 315 FSB.

9mmx19 said:
Just checking - are you guys all using ClockGen to OC? I read that thats the way to go - and not the constant rebooting and using the BIOS that Ive done with my 2.4C and XP-M 2600+?

I hope to get this board and move to the A64 soon - will post if/when that happens.

BIOS overclocking....FSM 315, multiplier 8, HTT 3, memory divider 4/3, memory settings cas 2, 3 3 3 1T....I'm more of a casual "and you were there" overclocker, but it's what I enjoy. The raging maniacs are going to set records with this board. :D

I placed my order for this board last week and I just got an email that my order is being processed and it's going to ship. I think they got in new stock tonight. :D

Some quick results no screenies yet still benching but

i'm at 10x 260HTT with 1:1 ram @260mhz 2-2-2-6 at 3.28v on this board now :)

Sandra 2004 Pro SP2b
Buffered = 4033/4036 MB/s
Unbuffered = 2428/2484 MB/s

SuperPi
1M = 33s
2M = 1min 17s
4M = 2min 51s
8M = 6min 30s

Everest Home
Read = 4037 MB/s
Write = 1721 MB/s

Hexus Pifast = 47.11s

Memtest86+ v1.26 = 1953 MB/s bandwidth

alright, I'm convinced. Putting in my order for one of these suckers today. Anyone who has this board, what would you recommend for memory? Im throwing in at least 512mb

phas3d

Well I put my DFI LanPartyUT machine together over the weekend. The initial results may not be spectacular, but I learned a bit and I'll try to push it more next weekend.

I put the machine together in less than ideal circumstances since at the top of the week I had to RMA my Antec True Control 550. The fans stopped spinning and it got lava hot. I only noticed it because some of the internal wiring started to smoke, not visibly but I could smell it. The power supply never missed a beat though. Instead I used an Aspire 520 watt, which I used in couple of other machines. They haven't let me down yet, although the 12v line always a little low, steady but low.

Prepped the board by installing a copper Vantec northbridge sink/fan. Used the Thermalright 948U on the 3200 Newcastle CG stepping CPU.

Fired it up and started testing with a single stick out of a pair of Adata PC4200 512mb sticks pulled out of my Intel rig. I managed to get it to 2.412ghz (268x9) at 3-4-4-8 timings with 2.9v. Dropped the multi down to make sure the CPU wasn't the problem but it wouldn't go any higher. In my Intel rig I got the pair stable at 275 at just 2.8v. I didn't want to push any more volts into it since I haven't read that the Hynix chips respond to higher volts, although if some one can tell me different, I'll try it next time.

About this time the high temps started to annoy me. Although I know the mobo is just misreading the temps, I flashed to the DFI beta bios. Saw an 8c drop at idle but it still seems a little high. I'm running a 92mm Zalman fan full speed on top of the 948u cooler. After the bios switch I disabled the thermal throttling.

Switched the Adata stick for a 512mb stick of Kingston HyperX 3000. I don't think it’s a BH-5 stick but I can't confirm it since I don't want to void the warranty by taking the heatspreaders off my pair. I can run it 2-2-2-5 on my Abit NFS-7 v.2 mobo, but have to loosen up the timings over 210mhz. They have never been higher than 220mhz. I started in at 200mhz and let the board "auto" the timings which came up 2-3-3-7. The last stable speed I had with the single stick came up at 235mhz at those same timings with 3.0v. I don't know if I'm just imagining it, but the Kingston at 2.35Ghz seemed to have more "snap" than the Adata at 2.41ghz. Bandwidth scores had the Adata at 3100+ while the Kingston never broke the 2900 mark. Overall the bandwidth scores were pretty ho hum.

I could have spent more time with the single sticks or maybe popped in the Mushkin "promo 2-2-2" I have in my NF7-S v.2 rig, but I was thinking I'm not going to run the machine with only 512mb of memory so why not move on to a pair of sticks. I grabbed the second stick of Hyper X and stuck it in slot number 3. Fired it up and ... no post. Checked the settings and tried again. No post. Tried it again. Nothing. Slipped the second stick in slot two and tried again. "Bios rom checksum error ... please insert your bios diskette"! Google that phrase and looks like worse case scenario, I'm looking at a failed hardware component. Swap in a single stick of my Adata ... still nothing. Clear the bios with the jumpers and try again. Everything comes up normally. After I change my diaper, I put the second stick of Adata in slot three and get back to testing.

Didn't have a lot of time to test the gig of Adata. I dropped the CAS to 2.5 and started up at 233fsb. Right now I'm at 243x10 at 2.8v 2.5-3-3-8. Got into about an hour of Prime before I stopped the program because the temps were at an average of 57c and actually hit 60 for a second a few times.
I'm only pumping 1.55v into the CPU. I don't believe I screwed up the seating of the heatsink, since its a pretty brain dead job - just screw down the bolts until they don't turn anymore. On my Asus K8V SE Deluxe the same voltage, under load only came up around 50c with the stock Venus 7 cooler. Even after the bios change could they be this off?

Thats about as far as I got. Too early to draw any conclusions yet, but so far I think I know this much:

1. My Newcastle on air will likely not get over 2.5ghz. I can get into Windows at 10x250 but 3Dmark2001 will crash to the desktop quickly. Water cooling or a mobile might get me there? Tough call.

2. At the same CPU speeds and memory configurations the K8V performs slightly better than the LanpartyUT. However with the K8V I could never go over 233fsb at 1:1 (no locks) and that wasn't much fun.

A few concerns:

1. I need to get more accurate temp readings. A 22c range from idle to full load seems to be high right? Maybe I can just gauge the temps as a relative number and watch for instability, but having to see 50c plus temperature readings plays havoc with my spastic colon. I'd rather have another bios update. Maybe a temp probe ... for the CPU!

2. WTF happened with the Kingston in the 1 and 3 slots? I think those slots will make them default to 333 speeds with "double-banked" memory but I didn't get any video or message. No beeps since the speaker wire for my case is a mismatch to the board pins.

After reading the reviews and forum posts on this mobo, I was expecting that after working on the LanpartyUT (a.k.a. God's gift to overclockers) I would be feeling something akin to a post coital bliss. Maybe that's next week, but for now I'm thinking that with the right memory (Samsung TCCD?) and a lot more tweaking this board will provide weeks of OC entertainment.

Any comments, tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated.

Update: Went back to 3-4-4-8 on the Adata and got the fsb to 273 and let it run for hours on test #5 of memtest. Two errors in 168 tests. Good enough. Cranking 3.0v though the dimms and the multi is at 2.46ghz at 1:1. I'll start priming once I get another fan going in the case.

This is an amazing overclocking board. My RAM tops out at 473, but not bad considering it's PC3500.

One thing I tried with success. To get to 473 the first time I used 3.00 v-mem. To quote Gundamit that was not to my liking. 2.9 crashed shortly after getting to Windows in XP. Then I increased the DRAM drive strength to 2, combined with 2.9 V-mem....solid as a rock. Surpising solid for 315 FSB. My Sandra memory scores are in the 3500, but that's because of the 4:3 divider. If I decide I want more, then OCZ EL will be coming my way.

Just a couple things this morning:

Switched the CPC to enabled and got an increase of memory bandwidth. Still at barely 3K running 9x273. Where's the rest of my bandwidth? I know I'm not running tight timings but there has to some more out there.

The added bandwidth helped me get to a all time personal best on 3Dmark2001. :)

This board isn't heavily memory dependent, IMHO...but, for those who want the extra memory showcase, faster memory sticks and lower timings at high FSB (where have I heard that before? :D ) will set you right up.

hey guys where the the hell is the htt bus option in the bios I can't find it?. :D no seriously.

Back