Post your DFI Lanparty UT nF3 250Gb motherboard results

Where did you all find this board for 107-112$ at?

I want to get one for my 3400 system i'm building, but newegg it's like 130$ or so.

Stiler said:
Where did you all find this board for 107-112$ at?

I want to get one for my 3400 system i'm building, but newegg it's like 130$ or so.

I got it at newegg for 107. 112 shipped.

Stiler said:
it's 129 on there for me? :confused:

The very first day (or night rather, only lasted a couple hours) that it was available at Newegg it was listed at $107... Upon restock it was priced at $129, just the way it is. Not like it's overpriced really, comparatively speaking anyway.

I just ordered a 3400+ to go along with my DFI NF3 board, and I'm looking for a HSF for it. I was thinking either ZALMAN CNPS7000A, or the XP-90 or XP-120, or that Gigabyte 3D Rocket Pro. Whatcha think? I want a good overclock, but NOT alot of noise.

EmptyWallet said:
I just ordered a 3400+ to go along with my DFI NF3 board, and I'm looking for a HSF for it. I was thinking either ZALMAN CNPS7000A, or the XP-90 or XP-120, or that Gigabyte 3D Rocket Pro. Whatcha think? I want a good overclock, but NOT alot of noise.

I'd go with the XP-90/120 depending what fits on your board or how easy you want to install you want it to be (90's a bit easier due to size obviously). If you wanna save $10 the Zalman cools almost as good (runs just a touch hotter at roughly the same noise levels from the reviews I've seen), it weighs more and may be a bit harder to install tho.

is%20it%20safe.JPG

Summoner said:
Hmm, i could have sworn i read somewhere that there is a max "safe" limit for vdimm when running an A64...

I'll go search around for a bit :)

a lot of people were saying that about the AXP too, "don't run above 2.9v ! ! !"

I had mine going at 3.2v for god knows how long and my vdimm is maxed out on this board also, even when i first booted it up at stock i put the vdimm right up to 3.1

My DTR Claw clocks up about the same as my Newcastle but the extra cache seems to make a big difference. About 1K on 3Mark2001 and when I added some OCZ Plat Rve.2 into the mix I got the following:
3.jpg

With the exposed core the Thermalright 948U is dropping the temps about 14C (low 30s) at idle. No doubt people have taken the lids off thier CPUs for the added cooling. Does anyone have a guide?

The OCZ will go pretty high at 2.5CAS. I can get it to run 3Dmark at 1:1 300x8 2.5-4-3-10 1T but seems wasted since the total CPU is less than what I can get with a 9 multi.

The following is not stable but looks so crazy I wanted to share it. 1:1
4.jpg
:eek:

Gundamit said:
With the exposed core the Thermalright 948U is dropping the temps about 14C (low 30s) at idle. No doubt people have taken the lids off thier CPUs for the added cooling. Does anyone have a guide?

I'm not sure whether it's removable on the A64s or not... I know on the P4 it was removable for a long time but most Prescotts have it glued/epoxied in a way that removing it kills the core so it can no longer be done. Not sure if they did that to increase thermal conductivity or to just prevent people from taking the things off... Haven't heard of IHS removal on A64s.

I'm currently running 220x11 ( 2.4ghz )

How the hell are you guys hitting 300 fsb+?! Is there some kind of option on the board that doubles what i have now or something lol....i'm new to A64...just came from a P4, so all i'm used to doing is changing the FSB since hte multi is locked on both P4 and A64.

Circuitbreaker8 said:
I'm currently running 220x11 ( 2.4ghz )
How the hell are you guys hitting 300 fsb+?!
Check out the Anandtech review on the LanpartyUT. I pretty much followed their set-up on the memory. Don't know of any memory other than Samsung TCCD memory (OCZ's version in particular) that can consistently get a single stick up that high. :p

BH-5 memory seems to like this board too. Got a couple sticks of HyperX PC3200 BH5 from the Outpost deal. Yeah the ad says 3200A but I got two sticks of the non-A. I thought it was a pretty good deal but I also got a bonus while I was benching with 3Dmark2001. After the dust settled I had a new best score of 29,579 A real surprise. Memory bandwidth is lower in Sandra when compares to the OCZ Plat. rev.2, but with HyperX at 259x10 2-2-2-10 vs OCZ at 288x9 2.5-4-3-10 the winner is HyperX BH5 by over 500 marks. :eek:

Back