Post your desktop

Bugalaman said:
I don't understand why none of you have F@H running? WTH?? It does nothing to slow you're computer down a bit, so why not? Doesn't it bug you that you never use all of that processing power? My cpu has been at 100% usage, 99% of its life (prollly a little over a year).

..because they finished mapping the human genome in 2003...

http://www.genome.gov/11006929

...and because running your CPU at 100% load 99% of its uptime creates an unnecessary amount of residual heat in your system. That is the reason that critical server systems usually run 3 or 4 15cm fans.. and nobody wants to have that in their home desktop system.

Stellar said:
..because they finished mapping the human genome in 2003...

http://www.genome.gov/11006929

...and because running your CPU at 100% load 99% of its uptime creates an unnecessary amount of residual heat in your system. That is the reason that critical server systems usually run 3 or 4 15cm fans.. and nobody wants to have that in their home desktop system.

One 80mm silent fan in all my dedicated folders keep my PCs more than adequetely cooled with 45C max core temps. Servers generally use large fans due to multiple processors and extreme hot running high RPM SCSI drives.

bmwwp.jpg

omfg2mp.jpg

heres whats in those apps and games tabs.. im not at liberty to say how many i havent payed for ;)
appsgames0ox.jpg

CzarDestructo said:
The average CPU life is huge, folding will hardly make a difference.

Changes in temp, the shrinking and expanding of the die, shortens a CPUs life moreso than load. When you actually USE your CPU on and off your subjecting it to constant changes in temp. At least with a folding rig the CPU core is always at the same,loaded temp.
desktop.jpg

Call me an ignorant but what programs are those you're running? I see your quick launch bar is transparent or something, and that stuff that shows your PC stats?

Those look really cool, where can I get that stuff?

Kinda off topic, but I think it's really funny how all the Linux wallpapers are generally anti-Windows.

Man, you guys are cool :/

that wallpaper is awesome, but i dont have a widescreen display :( . but i do like that TV icon in your dock app. can link me to where I can get it?

CzarDestructo said:
The average CPU life is huge, folding will hardly make a difference.

Changes in temp, the shrinking and expanding of the die, shortens a CPUs life moreso than load. When you actually USE your CPU on and off your subjecting it to constant changes in temp. At least with a folding rig the CPU core is always at the same,loaded temp.
desktop.jpg

Sven_Lee said:
Call me an ignorant but what programs are those you're running? I see your quick launch bar is transparent or something, and that stuff that shows your PC stats?

Those look really cool, where can I get that stuff?

The quicklaunch is called Aquadock. Its a ripoff of objectbar, its strictly for shortcuts so it doesn't get in the way trying to act as a start bar. It also uses 100k of ram when its not being hovered over, and its free and doesn't need to be installed. Its a bitch finding PNG icons to use on the bar though.

The stats program is Samurize, i've been suing that program for AGES. Can't live without it anymore.The config files are a little hard to figure out but once you make one your good for years.

I get my wallpapers from deviant art

chronic9 said:
that wallpaper is awesome, but i dont have a widescreen display :( . but i do like that TV icon in your dock app. can link me to where I can get it?

No widescreen, two 17" LCDs :)

The website I got the icon from removed it, so here ya go:
bonk

is an icon pack that goes along with that TV icon or was it just a random release.

thnx btw for the icon.

CzarDestructo said:
No widescreen, two 17" LCDs :)

The website I got the icon from removed it, so here ya go:
bonk

Here we go, all void of any pictures and whatnot. Like meh case, plain and black. Using LiteStep.
desktop.jpg

ss.jpg

Im allways playing with my desktop, its like a side hobby!!!!

Theme proggy= Style XP
Dock=Aquadock
Sytems Monitoring=CoolMon
Wallpaper=deviantART It Is "Les gants" by Flore
Icons=Icandy
Other=Tweak UI

chronic9 said:
where did you get that wallpaper??

deviantart, in their abstract wallpapers section. It's a good spot to look if your trying to find a wallpaper to match whatever shiny themes and widgets you're playing with ^^

Fantastic, is it not? I have to take it down shortly due to a realized copyright infringement. My quickly draining, beer-filled refridgerator is letting me keep it up probably until I go to sleep, a few hours from now. I'll replace it with another war photo that's less...cool, since it'll be one of mine and not the reporter that was in an adjacent company. I enjoy it as my desktop, though and I'm sure you could crop out my stuff if you really like it.

*The photo you see now is not as cool*

The_Terminator said:
Oh, I thought was a picture of Washington DC in the dark :rolleyes:
Wrong!! It's a picture of a yetti ... with the lens cap on.

The web-page on the left is blocking my messy desktop, but you get the idea, the othe rhalf of the wallpaper is just a mirror

coolow2ov.jpg

how dare u advertise other forums on the grail of all of forums!! u should be ashamed!! :eek:

lolz. just kidding :p :cool:

Your just lucky that I wasn't on the part where I was posting on that forum asking if another member posted on another forum (confusing isn't it?) when I took the screenshot.

Also, when the cats over in the mobile computing section start talking about HP DV1000's, then I'll stay here all the time :D

Dang it all. I had this gif animation of a fake Windows delete file operation. Had this file cabinet open up and the paper would fly into this little dudes hand and he'd wipe his butt with it. That used to be my desktop.

If anyone knows where that gif is, PM me!

Back