Post Your Connection Speed

Screen Shot 2019-01-27 at 16.16.26.png
my home fiber line in Tokyo ...

7990891967.png

I'm okay with my download speed for now @ $60 a month...

But that upload is just plain horseshit...

Reactions: viivo
like this
7991774763.png

$59/month. I waited so long for fiber to come here. I don't regret dropping Charter one bit. The only problem is finding servers that aren't capped to take advantage of the the full speed.

Holy hell ^

Had 100 to 200 megs for the last few years and finally got Charter with the 400 meg package.
Upload sucks, but I'm happy.

pldSOFp.png

They sure only get you to consume content like netflix and numerous other like that :) . Boy, 40 up.... it's just enough to send "hey, I want to see channel XXX..." :) . Otherwise they'd offer 1KB/s if they could.
I also have 1G but in both directions. I hate such disbalance ratios - I get upset only if I see it on picture.

80 mhz channels?
I can't recall if I set it to auto or to 80Mhz, and for some reason I can't get back into my AP, I don't remember the IP address for it.
We upgraded to the Gigablast a few weeks ago and I was swapping routers around since the Sprint branded Asus router I was using down here as an AP was barely getting 150mbps.
I ended up moving the Asus router from upstairs to down here and configured it as an AP and found out that the Cox provided Panoramic WiFi modem is also a router so I just plugged that into my switch and didn't bother using the Sprint branded Asus router..

Also, Docsis 3.1 modems are expensive (nearly $200), so probably just going to rent this one for the time being.

Just a quick one -- Comcast gig but using it for some other stuff too. Eventually I will upgrade my network so I can bond the ports on the cable modem and get the full gig and change.

8423356633.png

Does anyone here have a 10 Gbps connection?

I know it is still expensive and most people will never get the max 10 Gbps yet.

Thanks cheapest 10 Gbps download and 10 Gbps upload isp/service I could find was about $300 a month
o_O did you mean like 30k/mo? (realistically 10g business line usually starts around 7-8k/mo if you sign a multi year contract)

Where in the US and what company....
There is 10gb service for around that much here as well, not to my exact address, but near. I mean it might be a bit more than $300, maybe like $500 but still reasonable. This is in SLC, UT.

Remember that it's still a residential connection with no SLA, no permission to host stuff, etc. For a real commercial connection you would be paying several thousand at least for a 10gb connection.

Fast.com isn't a reliable speed test site i've seem some weird numbers from there from numerous people.

I would try something else.

o_O did you mean like 30k/mo? (realistically 10g business line usually starts around 7-8k/mo if you sign a multi year contract)

If you can actually get 10G service to your house and its residential it won't come with the same SLA and support you are getting on the connection you are referencing so it should be cheaper.

Fast.com isn't a reliable speed test site i've seem some weird numbers from there from numerous people.

I would try something else.

If you can actually get 10G service to your house and its residential it won't come with the same SLA and support you are getting on the connection you are referencing so it should be cheaper.

like this?

30.jpg

Xfinity (Comcast) Gigabit Internet. Supposed to get a gig down and 35 Mbps up. For the most part over the years we haven't had any issues and if there were a tech was out pretty promptly.

Speedtest 2020-08-22 092050.jpg

Last edited:
Back