Post Your Connection Speed

Paying for uverse 24/3 and comcast 16/2. Runnign through PFSense multi-wan.

Uverse comes through at 23.85/2.98 and comcast is at ~35/1.85

Do you use some kind of channel bonding to get that speed? If not, how does the aggregation work with a single Speedtest TCP/IP connection?

Last edited:
Just upgraded to FiOS Quantum Speed service from my older FiOS connection. Please don't hate.

Not the fasted on here, but the connection is what were are handed out of a pool for 7 other school districts.

Here's what I'm getting on LTE near Detroit, MI with my iPhone 5.

Ping: 57ms
Downstream: 34.9Mbps
Upstream: 16.47Mbps

Holy crap I snagged this one in OC. :eek:

VZW LTE Gnex.

Screenshot_2012-12-12-08-19-11.png

Last edited:

fired comcast for new TDS fiber at the house....50/20. ~20 bucks less a month for better speeds and no caps!

:rolleyes: I'm not jealous at all
:mad: I wish i can fire TWC and get fiber

i feel like a dog that finally caught the car it was chasing...

so now what do i do with all this speed? :D

definitely makes uploading files from the house much more bearable. working on something remotely is also much easier as well.

Anyone know of any good alternatives to Speedtest with servers in the PNW area? It seems like all of the Speedtest servers max out around 300/300. Just curious what the connection is at school. I'm pretty sure is Gbit though. Games on steam download at about 80 MB/s. . .

Anyone know of any good alternatives to Speedtest with servers in the PNW area? It seems like all of the Speedtest servers max out around 300/300. Just curious what the connection is at school. I'm pretty sure is Gbit though. Games on steam download at about 80 MB/s. . .

You can try these:
A) Test my net
http://testmy.net/?testServer=west
B) Speakeasy basic speedtest
http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/
C) Speakeast speedtest plus ******
http://www.megapath.com/speedtestplus/

Here are my fastest two tests (so far) using my Samsung Galaxy S3 on my home network, connected via Unifi UAP Pro:

Screenshot_2013-01-07-09-33-37_zps7a952953-1_zps07d2bd0a.jpg

.....i had a 56k dialup modem over 10 years ago that was faster than that. Welcome to Smart Bro Broadband :rolleyes:

Last edited:

.....i had a 56k dialup modem over 10 years ago that was faster than that. Welcome to Smart Bro Broadband :rolleyes:

two cans and a really long string with telegraph operators on each side would be faster then that... :eek:

Got letter from Virgin Media (UK) and they told me that they upgraded me from 60Mb/s to 120Mb/s and lifted the price from £37 to £39. I'm happy now, but still waiting for UK to get better upload speeds and lift them for me. I would even pay more just to get that... :( At least 20Mb/s...

Wired:
2465171447.png

Wireless:
2465172773.png

Last edited:
2487317694.png

Australia. Adam internet. Powerline adapter.

Edit: Wow, mine is ridiculously slower than many of yours.
What real world speeds do you see?

PC:

2507706571.png

Nexus 4 phone (over Wifi) :

Not sure why it's faster on the phone. Tried it multiple times, same results, too.

Back