Post Your Connection Speed

A friend of my friends was using Tmobile HotSpot@home service. He was wondering why his internet took so long to load up. Went to Speedtest and he was getting 0.67Mbps down and the up did even work and he was paying $42/mo for that!

I HATE my fucking ISP

2546508506.png

if you were paying for 50/20 a week ago you are now paying for 100/15. Comcast upped a lot of speeds.

I heard from a member on another forum that Comcast increased the speeds. I'm on their site now looking for info about it. I thought it was supposed to happen later this year.

edit: Haven't found any info on Comcast's advertised speeds. I'm calling them this week to change my TV package, I'll ask the customer service rep.

This is with speedtest.comcast.net:
225528862.png

Last edited:
Can someone, please for the love of all that is holy, post a speedtest of their Google Fiber?!?!

+1

Of course, the result will give me a major inferiority complex.

I found this image on Google:

google-fiber-speed-test.jpg

finally have fiber at my house. it's been a battle getting them to run it up here, but it was worth the wait. no complaints here for $45/month :eek:

2593431247.png

finally have fiber at my house. it's been a battle getting them to run it up here, but it was worth the wait. no complaints here for $45/month :eek:

2593431247.png

And Fairpoint just called me saying they are now offering SuperFast 7mbit/768kbit DSL in Bangor, with a 50 - 60ms ping. What ISP are you using?

And Fairpoint just called me saying they are now offering SuperFast 7mbit/768kbit DSL in Bangor, with a 50 - 60ms ping. What ISP are you using?

pioneer wireless in houlton. they've been building their fiber out for two years now, and they've barely gotten anywhere. luckily, i just so happen to live in one of the few neighborhoods that was close enough for them to hook me up.

only issue i have with them, is that they're temporarily using the canadian aliant back haul, instead of fairpoint, which is broken (of course) and has been for two months.

My latest run after upgrading internet speeds:

Only $5 more a month then I was paying for 25/25, I said why not :D

The images in those last 2 posts are a little small, anyway they can be made a little bigger?

:D :p

Still no change for me, I wonder if TWC is still sticking to their claim that no one wants higher or better internet speeds

I managed to get a 10MB/s download today when I was downloading a service pack from microsoft.I'm getting very close to maxing out the 10/100 ports on the router that fios provided me :eek:

My home internet connection sucks compared to everyone else, we're so behind here in Canada. :(

2507706571.png

So here is my local network transfer speed. :D

Code:
ryan@falcon:/tmp$ wget http://public.borg.loc/iso/Debian%206.0.3%20x64/debian-6.0.3-amd64-DVD-1.iso
--2013-04-01 03:18:09--  http://public.borg.loc/iso/Debian%206.0.3%20x64/debian-6.0.3-amd64-DVD-1.iso
Resolving public.borg.loc (public.borg.loc)... 10.1.1.10
Connecting to public.borg.loc (public.borg.loc)|10.1.1.10|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 4695957504 (4.4G) [application/octet-stream]
Saving to: `debian-6.0.3-amd64-DVD-1.iso'

100%[===========================================================================================>] 4,695,957,504 93.9M/s   in 42s     

2013-04-01 03:18:50 (108 MB/s) - `debian-6.0.3-amd64-DVD-1.iso' saved [4695957504/4695957504]

ryan@falcon:/tmp$

That translates to about 864mbps :D

heh, 107ms ping, 0.33 Mbps download and 0.11 Mbps upload according to Speedtest.net

Way to go AT&T cellular! ;)

Comcast notified everyone in my area we could power cycle our modems and enjoy a boost from 25meg to 50meg. Well I did just that and here's my new result.

Gotta love $69.95 + tax a month for that.

It looks really shitty...

2615986982.png

Until you realize it's from 30,000 feet above the middle of nowhere in "fly-over country". :p

Germany. Slow. Sucks.
2616953805.png

actually knowing I'd just get 3Mbit/s down but having 6 due to knowing someone who knows some guy that can just switch DSL profiles is a good thing, but it's still slow. They won't change it to a 16Mbit/s ADSL2+ profile, otherwise I'd have somewhat around 10-12Mbit/s down...

dslw.png

stats from my router, Leitungskapazität is what I could get max, Aktuelle Datenrate is what i get right now, Signal/Rauschabstand is SNR Ratio (really close to just nothing ;) going down to 3dB at night), Leitungsdämpfung is attenuation...3400 meters of pretty thick copper cable, but thats all I could get......no cable internet possible, since they never installed cable tv here...too small town, not enough customers...

Come on, you're telling me that NO ONE who posts here A) lives in Kansas City and/or B) has Google Fiber?!?!

Please I beg of you, someone show me a real world speedtest of their Google Fiber.

Come on, you're telling me that NO ONE who posts here A) lives in Kansas City and/or B) has Google Fiber?!?!

Please I beg of you, someone show me a real world speedtest of their Google Fiber.

agreed. bet you'd never see anything close to 1Gbit outside of the google network tho.

This is a 15/1 ADSL2+ package grandfathered on a 19/1 profile.

2621483680.png

And here is a speedof.me test which uses HTML5
http://speedof.me/show.php?img=130403152513-6536.png

I am thinking of picking up a new Docsis 3 modem and switching over to a 35/3, 45/4 or 150/10 cable connection this summer.

Just like my current connection they are offered either unlimited or with a 300gb cap on the downloads only.
There is an off-peak period between the hours of 2 and 8 am that means any downloads during that time are not counted.

For what's been offered here in Ontario the past few years I think I can live with paying $89 a month for 150/10 with the 300gb package. Especially now that I've cancelled the cable TV subscription.

I believe we will see ISPs begin to offer higher speed service more and more. I know in my somewhat rural area of Monroe, LA Comcast has began upping our speeds at no charge and offered new tiers. I myself should be switching to a higher than 50Mb tier on May 1st. Compared to fiber to the home services this is still blah, but it's slowly getting there. We need more competition!

However...I am also in Kansas at the time of posting and....

Back