Post Your Connection Speed

Does anybody know what the upload speed will be after the double for current 50m customers?

I gather that I'll be going from 50 > 120 but nobody has said anything about upload speeds.

I like to pop into VM stores from time to time and badger the crap out of the `technical guys` who clearly don`t have the first idea of what they`re talking about, much less the stuff they`re trying to sell/promote.

My latest visit involved a little chat about the upstream speeds and I was advised by said `technical guys` "that it will be at least doubled", and "that me currently being on 30/3 will go to 60/6 plus a bit extra on the upstream so I could comfortably expect 10Mb upstream".

As I`ve said, these guys don`t know their arse from their elbow so make of that what you will....

Last edited:
Fastest residential connection so far?

1848749301.png

Dual 155/75 fios bonded.

Does anybody know what the upload speed will be after the double for current 50m customers?

I gather that I'll be going from 50 > 120 but nobody has said anything about upload speeds.

I believe your 50 will go to 100, the current 100`s will go to 120 and have a price reduction

I think anyway....

Just upgraded from a DOCSIS 2.0 modem with 20/2 to the DOCSIS 3.0 modem/router combo (SBG6580) in bridged mode with a 30/5 package:

1880816314.png

60478593.png

Well worth the $10 extra per month. :)

Speedtest yesterday on my Samsung Galaxy S II Aviator phone (US Cellular new 4G LTE network):

165505665.png

Obligatory post from work:

1892760211.png

60865155.png

I find it odd that I have a lower latency to Dallas from my house than from work, considering the pipe to each.

1901001680.png

Sucky AT&T DSL, billing nightmares, time to change to something else, but what? It seems like the only other options here in SE FloriDUH are Comcast or Uverse which is another AT&T product.

Speed test from home after my BT 80/20 upgrade. I was connected from work to home and running VNC when this was taken...

1904948601.png

How are you getting that from BT?, that`s the best BT speed I`ve ever seen....EVER!:eek::eek:

Jammy sod!!:D

It's creeping up...

1908734370.png

Just the standard Infinity Option 2 FTTC package, they rolled out an 80/20 upgrade a couple of weeks ago, doubling speeds from the previous 40/10.

I love my Internets, to bad i going to be moving soon, but i will still have it at work.
edit
NM, shouldn't give out where i work.

It's creeping up...

"snip"

Just the standard Infinity Option 2 FTTC package, they rolled out an 80/20 upgrade a couple of weeks ago, doubling speeds from the previous 40/10.

Oh, nice, can`t wait til VriginMedia catch on....... be interested to see what they can come up with.....

I notice you said FTTC, does it still come from the cabinet to your premises via copper, xDSL style, cable?

I get 4mb down and 0.7up

All around me FTTC is going in, nothing for our exchange and no VM (not that I would go with them anyway!)

Been with VM since the begining, since we had a 2nd phone line solely for dial-up!

They`ve had their moments, but I really can`t complain at their services, customer service on the other hand, that leaves something to be desired. It`s very rare we have an issue with them now, but I found on Saturday night that their customer service people really don`t understand me too well, nor me them!:eek::rolleyes:

Interestingly enough, I`m on hold to them now, for some reason we're being charged for calls to numbers we have included in our call plan!

Going to ask them to lower our monthly cost too. I, a loyal, long time customer, am being charged more than new customers, even after the new customer/introductory offer!!

OK, it seems the charging for free calls was their cock-up and so I`m being credited.

I did mention the new customer offer thing and while it seems that they offer these 'incentives' to snag new customers, i was offered my 60Mb free upgrade early, to which I obviously said yes please......

1926572147.png

1926609828.png

Just hit the debian website for some .iso`s..... got about 7.9 - 8.1MB (yes bytes)/sec which is a little over double what I was getting....

Gutted the upstream hasn`t been changed though, well, it has actually, it`s gone down slightly usually I get 3.1Mb.

Gonna keep testing and see how it goes...

Last edited:
Line A (Telekom DSL16000)
1933288618.png

Line B (Vodafone DSL6000 / static IP / Business Line)
1933291112.png

The ping is a bit higher as I'm testing from my notebook wireless ;)

Damnit, comcast is like $100 for 50MB in my area. I am paying $60 for 25 down.

Work:
1954351065.png

speedtestvt.png

Two cans and a rather slack string :rolleyes:

More useful info: I have Verizon Wireless as my ISP, and our device is a MiFi2200. That damn thing can't find it's own ass, never mind a useful signal. We've replaced it at least twelve times (not kidding), and it's actually gotten worse over time. We're on our fourth trouble ticket with VZW. If they take us off our unlimited plan, we're going somewhere else, and with ceremony.

speedtestvt.png

Two cans and a rather slack string :rolleyes:

More useful info: I have Verizon Wireless as my ISP, and our device is a MiFi2200. That damn thing can't find it's own ass, never mind a useful signal. We've replaced it at least twelve times (not kidding), and it's actually gotten worse over time. We're on our fourth trouble ticket with VZW. If they take us off our unlimited plan, we're going somewhere else, and with ceremony.

what more do you expect out of the MiFi2200, its a hand held router with hardly any power, its not meant to run your HOUSE network. remember, with cellular connection, the further you are away from the tower, THE SLOWER IT IS GOING TO BE!!!!

1963355119.png

Dang, I use to be happy with these speeds being stuck on 3mbps for so many years. All these crazy speeds got me curious, and my ISP doesn't even seem to offer the package im using right now. Time to call em up.

edit: ok, just got the new service for the same price I was paying before. Psh, if only they'd call you to let you know they updated their service!!

1967715664.png

Last edited:
Seems like a good idea to post before the hopefully immanent upgrade of my exchange/cabinet to FTTC

It has now been installed :) Apparently I have to wait a wee while for it to settle then i'll probably be upgrading from 40/10 to 80/20.

And these stats are very reassuring :)

# xdslcmd info --state
xdslcmd: ADSL driver and PHY status
Retrain Reason: 0
Max: Upstream rate = 43681 Kbps, Downstream rate = 123764 Kbps
Path: 0, Upstream rate = 10000 Kbps, Downstream rate = 39998 Kbps

*EDIT* Now upgraded to 80/20

Last edited:
Back