POST YOUR AMD XP-M O/Cs here!

Hey Ice i see your still the king of the AXP-M oc..now do i get to try??? heres my..uhh..Aintel E core with its 900mhz ocing bad self all on air!
oc5.JPG

Ohh and i also got 12k cpu marks :)

heero884 said:
impressive overclock ummmm ...breaker =) what kind of heatsink/fan are you using? you should try the Intel Top 10 SuperPi 32M challenge, your p4 is clocked higher than the 2nd fastest p4 there, so it should put out a pretty impressive time, care to try? =p

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=840858&page=1&pp=20

Stock Intel pressy hsf moded with a 80mm tornado 7volted, ill try that super pi test later...big number's dont really impress me..but good gaming allways makes me happy :)

ryuji said:
set the multiplier on it ... lol its a mobile.. it has no set multiplier... motherboard doesnt know what ot use
so it does 6...100 mhtz fsb
dude. its hardly even stable now! im running it like 2.1ghz with 160something fbs and .1675 v with 4300+rpms blowing on it! i was plaing freedom fighter earlier for about an hour then all of a sudden the stupid thing froze up on me! wtf is going on! it was ok a few days ago and 3 days ago it justunderclocked all of a sudden and it wont even get stable!

heero884 said:
impressive overclock ummmm ...breaker =) what kind of heatsink/fan are you using? you should try the Intel Top 10 SuperPi 32M challenge, your p4 is clocked higher than the 2nd fastest p4 there, so it should put out a pretty impressive time, care to try? =p

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=840858&page=1&pp=20

Hey bro i ran it and got 9th place cause i dont have dual chan ram yet and my water pump isent here..ill make ya proud whne i get back to 4.5ghz and smoke the hell out of the top 1 man :)

Sig for everyday with fan on Low speed. 250x11 when I keep my fan running at full speed (73cfm). I'm setting up my winter cooling soon and hope to be able to run 270x10.5. Managed to get 262x10.5 at 2.05v last year on a 1700 B at 22C Prime stable, so 270x10.5 on a 2500 M should do fine.

BitchBreaker said:
Hey bro i ran it and got 9th place cause i dont have dual chan ram yet and my water pump isent here..ill make ya proud whne i get back to 4.5ghz and smoke the hell out of the top 1 man :)

must resist getting d0 stepping pressy =x

ati_azn said:
dude. its hardly even stable now! im running it like 2.1ghz with 160something fbs and .1675 v with 4300+rpms blowing on it! i was plaing freedom fighter earlier for about an hour then all of a sudden the stupid thing froze up on me! wtf is going on! it was ok a few days ago and 3 days ago it justunderclocked all of a sudden and it wont even get stable!
]
bump and BTW guys come on! look at the title! "post your amd Xp-M O/Cs here!" not "post your intel O/Cs here:"!!!

ati_azn said:
]
bump and BTW guys come on! look at the title! "post your amd Xp-M O/Cs here!" not "post your intel O/Cs here:"!!!

I own the top clocking AMD Mobile in here.... Icebawx has it ;) So we posted our top oc.. :eek:

EDIT there apears to be a 2.8ghz axp m in here but there be no screen shot to prove it...

well im back. my stupid amd xp-m 2600+ still wont get stable no matter what i do! as i said before it was fine a week ago when i o/ced it to ~2.5ghz and ~180 fsb but all of a sudden it just went back to defaults one day and ever since its been CRAP. wont even get stable at 1.7v, 2.1ghz, 150fsb and 4300RPM blowing on it! wtf is going on? and yeah i cleared the cmos every time it would crap out on me! HELP ME!!

Try reseating the cpu? How long were you overclocked, how far, and what voltage?

i was overclocked at ~180fsb, ~2.5ghz, ~1.65v, with ~3800rpm blowing on it for about 2 weeks and it was stable then one day i turned on my comp and i saw 800mhz and 133fsb on the BIOS and im like WTF! so i cleared the cmos and set it to about ~170fsb and 2.3ghz with 1.7v to see if it was stable, it wasnt even with 4300+ rpm blowing on it.i tried and tried, even tried reseating the ram into another slot. samething

ati_azn said:
i was overclocked at ~180fsb, ~2.5ghz, ~1.65v, with ~3800rpm blowing on it for about 2 weeks and it was stable then one day i turned on my comp and i saw 800mhz and 133fsb on the BIOS and im like WTF! so i cleared the cmos and set it to about ~170fsb and 2.3ghz with 1.7v to see if it was stable, it wasnt even with 4300+ rpm blowing on it.i tried and tried, even tried reseating the ram into another slot. samething
*plays funeral music* (seems like it)

Every now and then my 2400 resets to 600mhz but it's just a matter of going into the BIOS and hitting the save and exit option and reboot, always comes back to 2.5 Ghz but it always comes back stable.

Did you buy that cpu new or used? If you bought it used, it sounds like its on its way out :(

Stang Man said:
first to reach 3Ghz + with an AMD Mobile XP processor...

3079mhz.gif
HOLY!! the first 3gig+ amd xp-m ive ever seen! whats cooling it and is it stable at 3gig+? and anyways yeah i brought my xp-m2600+ new from newegg on september or somewhere near that. well it might be my rams problem but imnot sure. a few months ago i brought my corsair pc3200 512 ddr from some crappy local store that had some kingstons and corsairs lying around their draws so the guy sold me one for ~50 buck. how is the mushkin pc3200 512 ram on newegg? i dont lan on doing some crazy O/Cs thats over 400 bus speed and over 2.6ghz just simple O/Cs like maybe 2.5ghz and 400 fsb like before

I'm gonna lower my FSB and see if i can get up to 3.0ghz. Mines on air btw :)

well... this is my max bench on air: http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=7570816

try beating that. it's #1 AMD XP/9800 Pro air cooled score, for almost a whole year now.

i did that 3Ghz+ AMD XP-M back in February, or March 04.
it was using a Prometia Mach 1 (no mods), and was stable up to around 2975Mhz. past 3Ghz it started heating up too much and just crashing.

I wish i could bench 2900MHz+ and 245FSB like in my 23384 score, but the NF7 didn't like high voltages + high fsb, and would just start loosing PS2 ports and PCI devices.

that setup took A LOT of tweaking, and there's no way I can replicate it again. Everything was just right that day of benching, air temperature, voltages, windows install was perfect, etc...

check out my article at FLHW, http://www.fastlanehw.com/reviews.php?i=102

My Mobile died the same way. I was @ 2.6 ghz, the next day, comp boots up and its doing 800. Never did more than 1.2 after that. I took the heatsink off when I replaced it, and had a bad smell :( . Least it had the respect to hang on until I could purchase a replacement.

got my mobile 2500 up to 2.5 on chilled air(air conditioned chill box)

had to push 2 volts to get that 1.97 by mbm

it was running at about 30C in ambients of -8C lol

Stang Man said:
first to reach 3Ghz + with an AMD Mobile XP processor...

3079mhz.gif

Man, I wish I still had my old 2.6m, it would do 2.9 on 2.1v until it decided to fry. Never got to try it on 2.2. My 2500 mobile kinda sucks, it will only do 2.8 @ 2.2v, but I dont like to run it under that kinda stress.

Back