Post PICs of your old cards!

hmmm... I am not sure... if there are any ISA video cards those would be old. :)

Yeah, AGP was being phased in right around the time I acquired that system.

The next time I head out to my folks' place, I'll make sure to take pictures of all the parts in my ancient 486. Ah, to be able to cool a CPU with only a half-inch high heatsink again. :) I think it had a VESA Local Bus video card with only 256 KB of VRAM, which I ultimately upgraded to 512 KB to be able to play 7th Guest. I also had to buy a weird, specific daughterboard so I could plug in an Overdrive SPU. Man, now that I'm thinking about it, that machine had some arcane stuff in it.

P1000149.jpg

thats an X800XT PE... upgrading to the XFX 7800 GTX, right now i have a 5200 lol

damstr said:
thats an X800XT PE... upgrading to the XFX 7800 GTX, right now i have a 5200 lol
Is it just me, or should we keep this thread to at least a little older cards then 3 months ago?

towert7 said:
Is it just me, or should we keep this thread to at least a little older cards then 3 months ago?
i've had that card since decemeber, or are you talking about last gen cards? sry :eek:

Very old Pic of my cards ... still have em except the Albatron Ti4200 ...

6023vga1.jpg

GF4MX 460, i luv em ... i have another Abit one in my HTPC ... both OC like crazy :eek:

6023gw460-1.jpg

I enhanced the cooling on the Albatron 4600, now it kinda looks like a Hercules Model that never existed :(

6023side_4600_full.jpg

Temporary Dual-DVI Card - i've bought it on eBay because of the Dual DVI ... then i switched to PCIe and sold it

6023DVI.jpg
6023full-front.jpg

6023m-PWM.jpg

6023full-back.jpg

6023m-label.jpg

Heres a couple more for the Library!

Diamond Stealth 2000 Pro
Diamond%20Stealth.JPG

STB Velocity 128
STB%20Velocity.JPG

How about a petition for the [H] to sticky this thread!

*Ç|®8tË<ETH> said:
It's actually a little heatsink!

lol I didn't know what to make of it from the picture. Suspected a mini heatsink, but discounted it because of how seemingly corny / possibly useless it might've been. But then, I'm thinking in 2005 terms. 97 was a different story. :)

I know I've posted plenty of other crap. Not sure if the Adaptec AHA-1542CF was posted.

It works

No SCSI equipment to test it out with, though.

The floppy contrtoller on it works, too. Problem is, is that if there is no disk in the drive, it refuses to say "Where's the fucking floppy?" in Windows.

Heres my latest addition, a boxed 3dfx Voodoo 5 AGP in near mint condition, its for my old school gaming rig Im building!

v5%20box.JPG

v5%20AGP.JPG

This is all I have in the way of old chips...not video cards, but still somewhat old...

photos_img2_05105214.jpg

photos_img2_05105215.jpg

Tim_axe said:
This is all I have in the way of old chips...not video cards, but still somewhat old...

photos_img2_05105215.jpg
that book says Hillsboro OR on the cover at the bottm .. I live about 20mins from there :D
I think that is were Intels biggest campus is...

Warrior said:
that book says Hillsboro OR on the cover at the bottm .. I live about 20mins from there :D
I think that is were Intels biggest campus is...

Hey there fellow Portlander. :D

gdonovan said:
http://www.3dfx.ch/gallery/albums/album52/intel_v6kb.jpg[IMG]

3dfx V5-6000, "Intel revision" 1 of only about 100 of this revision.[/QUOTE]
:eek:

Now that's what I call a 'powerbrick'. It's a good match for the size of the card itself :D

ONLY 100 ?

i thought that there were less than ~100 V6000 ever made .... so how many were prodced ?

Not a real big deal or anything but I got an ATI PCI graphics card with 64MB laying around here,was made in 99 or 2000.Not that old but still considered old to an extend.

Borgschulze said:
If anyone is doubting you they should be banished from the Internet.

1) I have had several dozen unique V6K cards pass through my hands alone plus know the locations of a few hundred more, pretty much demolishes the "only about a 100 made total" rumor.

2) Being friends with the chief V6K PCB designer AND lead 3dfx board troubleshooter/lab rat does have some benefits.

gdonovan said:
1) I have had several dozen unique V6K cards pass through my hands alone plus know the locations of a few hundred more, pretty much demolishes the "only about a 100 made total" rumor.

2) Being friends with the chief V6K PCB designer AND lead 3dfx board troubleshooter/lab rat does have some benefits.

So can you point me to the best Voodoo 2 SLI, Windows XP Drivers?
Pretty please? :D
I've used quite a few sets, and I didn't like them much.

enforcer17 said:
Top: Sapphire 9800 Pro 128MB with a DD Maze4 block

Bottom: Sapphire 9800XT 256MB

http://img343.imageshack.us/img343/5127/vidcards4ci.jpg[/IMG ][/QUOTE]

Those aren't exactly that old.

Back