Post PICs of your old cards!

Spectre said:
Those aren't exactly that old.

Those young'uns probably havent had the priviledge to enjoy a glide game either.... My oh my how the OpenGL vs Glide arguments bring back memories ;)

Bullitt said:
Those young'uns probably havent had the priviledge to enjoy a glide game either.... My oh my how the OpenGL vs Glide arguments bring back memories ;)
Diablo II in Glide looks pretty good. Although that game doesn't really have great image quality in the first place.

Borgschulze said:
Diablo II in Glide looks pretty good. Although that game doesn't really have great image quality in the first place.

I was thinking about how friggin nice UT looked on my v3-3000 versus my friend's arguably faster TNT2 Ultra....

Man those were the days.... and Tribes 1 on a glide card, what a pleasurable gaming experience!

Bullitt said:
I was thinking about how friggin nice UT looked on my v3-3000 versus my friend's arguably faster TNT2 Ultra....

Man those were the days.... and Tribes 1 on a glide card, what a pleasurable gaming experience!

I've uh... Never played UT99 on anything other than Glide :rolleyes:

Here's some more:

3d labs Oxygen GVX1 32mb
3dLabs%20GVX1.JPG

Diamond Riva 128
Diamond%20Riva%20128.JPG

Maxigamer TNT2 Ultra
Maxigamer%20TNT2%20Ultra.JPG

S3 Savage 3d
S3%20Savage3d.JPG

SIS 6326
SIS%206326.JPG

Trident ISA
Trident.JPG

Winfast Gf2 Pro
Winfast%20Gf2%20Pro.JPG

S3 Trio
S3%20Trio.JPG

Anyone ever hear of an ATI VGAWONDER 4.0?

I think these were early ISA and PCI board (not to be confused with All-in-wonders)

DSC00771.jpg

okay finally figured out how to make the pic show...heres one for now...
the second is above it....adding more in a few

are thoes all the same cards?.. just difforent cooling.. probly difforent clocks?...

sticky sticky sticky sticky sticky sticky

Warrior said:
are thoes all the same cards?.. just difforent cooling.. probly difforent clocks?...

Some are different revisions, one also has a prototype fan/heatsink combo that was was never used.

hm - why not bring it back with a image
4mb - hercules terminator (hey at least the name was cool, the performance wasn't) 2d-3d, was in my pII -266mhz, until nfs-porsche came out - bought a tnt2 then ;)

s3.JPG

I'll add another:

asusP1010006.JPG

This is an Asus AGP-V6800DDR/64M(TVR). The name just rolls right off the tounge, no? :p The graphics core is not a 6800 like the name would have you believe, but rather a Geforce 256 (Geforce 1 for those who weren't around in the day).

asusP1010007.JPG

Connectors are, from right to left, composite TV out, S-video out, VGA out, S-video in, and VR out (jack in! the matrix has you!).

cool 3dfx card !!
thats a thread revival !!

ATi rage pro:

ogfx1.JPG

Matrox Millenium

ogfx2.JPG

ogfx3.JPG

don't know if it counts as old card but anyway:
msi gf3 ti200 - ghetto cooling mod;)

ogfx4.JPG

ogfx5.JPG

ogfx6.JPG

ogfx7.JPG

lithium726 said:
does it work?

It should- If you notice the board has terminals at the top, it requires it's own power supply like the VSA-100 x 8 AAlchemy 8164. I know what the required volts are for the Quad Voodoo 3 board and in the future plan on wiring it up and testing it out.

Lots of projects and I'm in no hurry to fry anything.

4500_socketed.jpg

Here another old piece- A socketed "clamshell" V4-4500 board used for debugging and chip testing.

Yup, it works.

its sad seeing cards posted in this thread that i still use :(
current card is geforce4 ti4200, 7800gt should be coming soon for the new build

all these pages and great posts and still no sticky... im guessing cause its not of great interest to the world...

3dfx Voodoo 5
voodoo5.jpg

Got it for christmas one year, I think it was like 500 bucks, for Starseige Tribes... woot

gdonovan said:
4116_angle.sized.jpg

4116_angle_front.sized.jpg

Prototype Quantum3D board with a quad of Voodoo 3 chips.

Quantum 3D still made the best looking cards around. If I still had my Raven, I'd mount it on the wall :) I wonder why there really aren't any black PCB cards around.

I've already posted pictures of my Voodoo 3 (It lived in a AMD K6 350Mhz Machine for years) but I seem to be the only one who owns this particular version of it.

Voodoo3-003.jpg

Voodoo3-004.jpg

Voodoo3-005.jpg

This was the LAST PCI Video card I have ever had in a rig that was my own. It played HL1 at 50FPS and it allowed me to PWN in HLDM and that was all that mattered :D

I popped off the Heatsink a while back, it was using a sort of Thermal Adhesive, it was a bitch to get off and is impossible to clean. I may just get a decent copper Heatsink and put a small fan in it and build a retro gamer :). I have a Pentium III with 192MB PC100 RAM sitting behind me.

DanK said:
I'll add another:
http://images.dr3vil.com/upload2/asusP1010006.JPG
This is an Asus AGP-V6800DDR/64M(TVR). The name just rolls right off the tounge, no? :p The graphics core is not a 6800 like the name would have you believe, but rather a Geforce 256 (Geforce 1 for those who weren't around in the day).

http://images.dr3vil.com/upload2/asusP1010007.JPG

Connectors are, from right to left, composite TV out, S-video out, VGA out, S-video in, and VR out (jack in! the matrix has you!).

I have the model below that (Only VGA and S-Video) In my mom's rig :D

Leon2ky said:
I have the model below that (Only VGA and S-Video) In my mom's rig :D

That's a pretty crappy card, man. Even for your mom's machine. When basic Intel Extreme Graphics would whoop that sucker round and round, it shows its age. But then again, my family's weird. My mom made me put a 9800 in her system that was originally supposed to be an upgrade for my dad's comp. :eek: I say upgrade because he has onboard graphics now lol...

PWMK2 said:
That's a pretty crappy card, man. Even for your mom's machine. When basic Intel Extreme Graphics would whoop that sucker round and round, it shows its age. But then again, my family's weird. My mom made me put a 9800 in her system that was originally supposed to be an upgrade for my dad's comp. :eek: I say upgrade because he has onboard graphics now lol...

Dude, um ANY kind of not onboard video is better than onboard video. They aren't doing shit with the rig other than doing some VERY minor photo editing, surfing the net, and E-mail.

Back