Possible [H]ot Deals: CompUSA store closings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah I was surprised it was there since the store was cleaned out. It was the last one they had and when I saw the $200 price tag I was like ho hum until the sales guy told me it was 40% off that at which point I was in attack mode. They still had a couple 7800gs (for more money) and about 6 x1950pro's left if anyone is interested

I picked up these fan power regulator things, for like 10 cents each lol. I also got a Z board for 5.99, original price like 50$, not bad -and- bf keys for 2.99. Id never buy this normally but now i look l33t playing battlefield.

Went to my local CompUSA in Sugar Land, TX this afternoon and there's pretty much nothing left. I guess once the last round of discounts began a few days ago, people ran like hell to grab any goodies that were left. I remember they had some TruePower Trio PSU's, computer cases, and other decent stuff in stock last week. Oh well.....

Nevertheless, I picked up a Norcent Micro PCI HDTV tuner for $20, the SWAT 4 expansion pack for $5, and a 350W PSU for $12.

was picking through the remains of the Burbank store, it was kind of sad. mostly junk, lots of store fixtures, broken floor model printers for too much, keyboards missing keys, etc. about 100 old plain ps/2 keyboards and it looked like they hadn't sold a single copy of vista. everything here is 40-60% off. i was almost done with the store when i found a vf900 for $20, so i bit on that for my new 8600 gt :D. they also had some antec psu's left and a p180 that was beat to heck and had no price on it.

I picked up a razer barracuda for $100 last Thursday! They are 99.99% cleaned out now...

Damn soundcard does not have razer drivers for xp 64 argh, at least I can move on from the x-fi platinum.

here's what i got =), 70% off.

img0512mediumbk2.jpg

3.0C Northwood with OEM fan $20. Dearborn MI. Had 2 bent pins. Credit card, nail file and 30 seconds later booted up in Dad's system. Not bad.

some guy came in last saturday and bought 95 copies of WoW
another guy a few days ago bought every upgrade and full version of vista except the home basic full versions.
there's probably going to be a lot of ebay auctions for the next couple months... :)

3.0C Northwood with OEM fan $20. Dearborn MI. Had 2 bent pins. Credit card, nail file and 30 seconds later booted up in Dad's system. Not bad.

Is there anything left in that store? Do you know when they close, it seems like each one is closing on a different day.

Parsippany-NJ is absolutely depressing. 70-90% off, but it takes five seconds to see all of the empty shelves. I heard that Union-NJ is in the same condition. Totowa-NJ is still 40-60% off, but there's nothing left worth buying. Just bought myself a retail 939 3200+ and OEM Foxconn GeForce 6100 board; the board is dead (I knew this buying it), but my receipt means RMA. :)

This is so lame...how are you supposed to snag a great deal when all the yahoo's in town buy everything before the prices actually become reasonable??? :rolleyes: :confused:

Ooo...that looks like a great deal 7900GS was $699.99, now 50% off !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY

This is what happens when you hit the forums when you are tired and irritated. (Kids don't try this at home.)

This is so lame...how are you supposed to snag a great deal when all the yahoo's in town buy everything before the prices actually become reasonable??? :rolleyes: :confused:

Ooo...that looks like a great deal 7900GS was $699.99, now 50% off !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY

This is what happens when you hit the forums when you are tired and irritated. (Kids don't try this at home.)

actually they were $400 @ 70% off lol.

2 pentium 4 2.8 400fsb for $5 a piece, should get $200 for both on ebay :)

Is there anything left in that store? Do you know when they close, it seems like each one is closing on a different day.

Sign said 9 days left, yesterday. There isn't much left. It's down to about 3 aisles of stuff.

Not much left at all- I snagged a copy of Vista Business for my non-gaming PC- full version at 50% off- $150. Got a Logitech G7 for something like $60 and a Monster phone charger for $12. This was at the Montgomeryville and King of Prussia, PA stores.

Not much left at all- I snagged a copy of Vista Business for my non-gaming PC- full version at 50% off- $150. Got a Logitech G7 for something like $60 and a Monster phone charger for $12. This was at the Montgomeryville and King of Prussia, PA stores.

Cleaner did they have any of the Barracuda soundcards left? I was thinking of snagging one of those.

I was able to pick up a couple worthwhile items yesterday.
- Vista Home Basic Upgrate $20 (80% off). Figured for $20 someone I know might have a use for it later down the road.
- Cingular Sierra Wireless Aircard $2.24 (More than 90% off). Figured it would find a good home through eBay.
- Xbox 360 HD-DVD $20 (90% off). The drive was complete with the remote, manuals, usb, power and King Kong HD-DVD however the item was marked as broken. I disassembled it and found that the eject button had come disconnected from the board in the back. Once reconnected the drive works flawlessly.
- Archos 404 $80 (Something like 60% off). I found this stuffed in the back corner of the store, hidden underneath some fixtures. I'm assuming someone stashed it there waiting for the discounts to drop. Unit was new in the box, works great and an absolute steal for $80.

I might make one last trip there today, just to see whats left and to say my final good bye.

I'm hoping to pickup crap that I normaly would not buy, lol.

Man I hit the Philly store near Franklin Mills mall and it was picked clean. I did get a few things though. I picked up a TT VGA water block for $3.50 and TT water level indicator for $2.99. I don't need either but for those kind of prices it would be nice to have in case. I also picked up a Netgear wireless H network card for $35.00 ($119.00 with 70% off).

I mainly went there to see if I could get a cheesy case with removable tray. I need to ATX trays and figured I might be able to get them cheap there. Sadly all cases were gone. :(

I might make one last trip there today, just to see whats left and to say my final good bye.

I tried to do the same thing, but I could not bring myself to pay for stuff that I really don't want and I can't sell :( I went to Utica, MI CompUSA and they had very few things left a bunch of wirless N adapters PCI and PCMCIA. The guy there did not want to let them go for less than the 80% off so no deal.

Oh well. I guess I saved a few bux today. :p I was hoping for some $5-$10 ram, but none left. Cases and mobos went right away areound here.

I was able to pick up a couple worthwhile items yesterday.
- Vista Home Basic Upgrate $20 (80% off). Figured for $20 someone I know might have a use for it later down the road.
- Cingular Sierra Wireless Aircard $2.24 (More than 90% off). Figured it would find a good home through eBay.
- Xbox 360 HD-DVD $20 (90% off). The drive was complete with the remote, manuals, usb, power and King Kong HD-DVD however the item was marked as broken. I disassembled it and found that the eject button had come disconnected from the board in the back. Once reconnected the drive works flawlessly.
- Archos 404 $80 (Something like 60% off). I found this stuffed in the back corner of the store, hidden underneath some fixtures. I'm assuming someone stashed it there waiting for the discounts to drop. Unit was new in the box, works great and an absolute steal for $80.

Dang nice finds. Especially on that hd-dvd, nice fixing.

Dang nice finds. Especially on that hd-dvd, nice fixing.

even if it was broken, he could RMA it for a new one :) Still good deal...

I'm actually heading out the door to check the Lynnwood, WA location again (if it's still open) and see if they have anything left other than light fixtures. LoL

This one guy in front of me snagged a brand new (labeled as open box but was new) Ninetendo DS (pink) for $49.99 out the door. THAT is a steal..

Im gonna go see if I can get any HD DVD players. I'll take all of them!

The seal was already broken on the drive, so I doubt I could have RMAd the drive, however for $20, I think I can safely say that everyone here would have taken the chance. Especially given the fact that the drive was complete and the accessories could be sold for twice what you were paying for the drive. That was just the logic going through my head...

I'm with you on the 1st part. CU is what got me into computers, so I feel obligated to say my last respects. Yes, I'm treating this like a funeral b/c I don't think I'll go to a CU again, unless they miraculously turn around their business and re-expand.

I don't think I'll buy anything, though; just curious to check out what's left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back