Possible [H]ot Deals: CompUSA store closings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
For some reason

But they sold most of it to a Ebay wholesaler who bought it all for 4 cents to the dollar....

Just seems off. Anyway I would love to see a list of stores if they are going to close a lot.

In the same sence I don't really want the one in my area to close. They are the only computer store other then a few small ones. Last thing I want is to have to use best buy business sales or something stupid like that when I need a hd or some ram for a client asap.

Also if that is true that is a really bad sign. Closing a few stores in one thing. Closing half of your stores is another.

February 27, 2007 - Leaked information about an internal conference call says the 100+ stores are closing. Inside sources say the number is closer to 130, including the following: most of the California region, all stores in Minnesota, all stores in Phoenix, all stores in Atlanta, all stores in Chicago, and many more. All stores in the NY region will close with the exception of the two Manhattan stores and one in Mt. Laurel.
February 27, 2007 - Confirmed 126 stores closing including all stores in Atlanta, St. louis and Chicago.

Saved for me in florida, for now.

Would def like to see a list by state. I just did a quick store locator on their website and the one by my house was not listed, not even the second closest one.......hmmm........ :rolleyes:

Would def like to see a list by state. I just did a quick store locator on their website and the one by my house was not listed, not even the second closest one.......hmmm........:rolleyes:

It's going to be closed, then.

The only one left in michigan is going to be the lansing store. That sucks :/

At least Microcenter is about a block away.

The compusa here in tallahassee sucks. They are very expensive and most of the staff is full of b.s..

Well if all the Atlanta stores are closing then I should have 3 to hit up deals at if there are any. When they closed a store in Alpharetta about 8 months ago I got a bunch of 250GB Samsung SATA drives for 80% on the last day. I can only hope something similar will happen this time around.

Well if all the Atlanta stores are closing then I should have 3 to hit up deals at if there are any. When they closed a store in Alpharetta about 8 months ago I got a bunch of 250GB Samsung SATA drives for 80% on the last day. I can only hope something similar will happen this time around.

Kool...you are also located in ATL? I am looking forward to see what closing deals CompUSA brings us.

Anyways back on topic...
Is there like a date on when these CompUSA will close. I think they already may have signs around CompUSA stating that it will close.

Crap, they're not showing up for me either. I have something to return too!

Just checked the store locator and found the nearest stores to Atlanta are

Greenville, SC (128 miles)
Knoxville, TN (128 miles)
Augusta, GA (137 miles)
Huntsville, AL (191 miles)
Birmingham, AL (197 miles)

so... I guess that means that the Atlanta area stores are closing. hmmm.......

We've got one here in Las Vegas, and one in Henderson so I'll keep an eye out for anything... of course, this sort of thing might happen RIGHT when I don't have any money to take advantage of a damned thing either. :D

We've got a Fry's here, 3 Best Buy's, 2 Circuit City's, and a PC Club that's like 50 feet from the CompUSA here in Vegas, sooo... they have enough competition to maybe close this one.

Whenever I visit it's like a damned ghost town in the store, so who knows.

UPDATE:
The Henderson store isn't coming up anymore... w00t

If it's not on the list it's closing.

1st post of the slickdeals thread.

As we all know they pretty much suck. The only surprise it that some will
remain. They probably don't have much competition in those areas.

Wow, the CompUSA near me is closing. That leaves Massachusetts with just 1 single CompUSA. I guess Best Buy was too much for them.

Guess it's time to check it out.

Wow, the CompUSA near me is closing. That leaves Massachusetts with just 1 single CompUSA. I guess Best Buy was too much for them.
The closest CompUSA to me had to compete with Best Buy, Fry's, Office Depot, Staples, Circuit City and a mall all within 2 blocks. And before CompUSA bought them out, there was also a Good Guys across the street.

Holy crap, there aren't any stores listed around me for 30 miles.

This means I get at least three compusas to loot. :D

When are these stores closing?

Their stuff has always been overpriced, unless you could find a good weekly sale. I have a feeling that everything during their "going out of business"sale will still be more expensive than on Newegg, for example.

I can still find the Henderson NV store with Google, even gets maps and directions, but as far as the CompUSA website is concerned, it's history... dammit, now how to get some cash. MUAHAHAHAHA :D

Last week it was announced that CompUSA is closing 100 stores nationwide. I use to work for the company and found out today that both Columbus, OH stores were being closed. Keep an eye on your local CompUSA's for liquidation sales.
I take it you live in or around Columbus? I worked at the Sawmill Road store for 7 1/2 years. I left in '04 because of the company's poor management.

Too bad for all the folks that worked there.

On the other hand, from the consumers' standpoint, good riddance. Hopefully Fry's will move in.

Damn, I would've preferred the Sahara location to close over the Henderson one. Now if CUSA has some awesome sale I'll have to hike across town. Not that it happens often, but anyway.

According to what I was reading at FatWallet, they had some stores close last year too and the sales sucked sac. So I wouldn't hold my breath if I was you guys..

Too bad for all the folks that worked there.

On the other hand, from the consumers' standpoint, good riddance. Hopefully Fry's will move in.

Yeah but the only problem over here in florida there is no space for a Fry's unless u put it in the everglades.

has anyone gone? because news is that they are closing TONIGHT!. 2/28 is when it will shut down!

Crrrraaaaaaaapppp...this means i have to be in the city to return my USB SATA enclosure. That bites. What if my power supply goes?

yeah their crap is pretty high priced. Best buy did them in.

Looks like all the ones in Saint Louis are closing as well. Woot!! Now lets just hope that they dont close til I get back in town.

Both the San Jose and Santa Clara CA stores look like they are closing. Any ETA as to when they will be having their store closing sale?

well the 2 I frequent are closing it looks like
NE Philly and Princeton

Looks like Mt. Laural (sp?) is only 14miles away, so it's still available if I have to.

February 27, 2007 - Leaked information about an internal conference call says the 100+ stores are closing. Inside sources say the number is closer to 130, including the following: most of the California region, all stores in Minnesota, all stores in Phoenix, all stores in Atlanta, all stores in Chicago, and many more. All stores in the NY region will close with the exception of the two Manhattan stores and one in Mt. Laurel.
February 27, 2007 - Confirmed 126 stores closing including all stores in Atlanta, St. louis and Chicago.

Saved for me in florida, for now.

Cool, so the one in Mt. Laurel, NJ made the cut. I lived only a couple miles from there before I moved to TX last year. I guess the one near my parents in North NJ is closing since that's not on that short list of exceptions.

Fry's should buy out the closing stores so we actually have some real B&M computer shops around here...

Fry's should buy out the closing stores so we actually have some real B&M computer shops around here...

I finally went to a Fry's store for the first time ever a couple weeks ago. I thought it would be like a Comp USA, at least in terms of size. It's more like a Wal-Mart! HUGE!! :eek:

Well not only the size of the store, but they actually sell real stuff...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back