• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Please don't ship DHL

DougLite

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Jan 3, 2005
Messages
4,764
Well, awhile back, I bought a Barracuda 7200.7 from a member here. It was on August 26 to be exact. On Wednesday, DHL comes and goes, leaving a notice that they were unable to deliver. Doesn't say who it's for, only that it's from "AAA." Well, I don't expect packages from AAA, so I didn't think anything of it. Must have been for my dad or something - he's a member of AAA. They come and go on Thursday, same thing. Call on Friday, give them the "waybill #" They say "Oh, we only attempt delivery twice, you will need to ocme nad pick that up" Dad says he'll grab it on the way to work, and the lady on the phone says they'll have it ready...then they don't. Dad is understandably disappointed (my friends don't call him Mean Dean for nothing) so they upgrade it to Saturday delivery - then deliver it to the wrong house. My neighbor presents it to me, and he was lucky to find it (he never uses his front door ordinarily, but happened to be cleaning on Saturday).

DHL uses subcontractors for many local delivery arrangements, and that means that their service is extremely uneven, Around here, DHL stands for Day and a Half Late. It may be cheaper than UPS or FedEx, but you get what you pay for. I know that I will insist in the future "anyway but DHL."
 
Meh I stopped shipping DHL when they decided it was all right to hurl packages from their vans into my garage. Plus an incident when a package spent a day out for delivery on the other side of the country.
 
The one package I've gotten from DHL was hard drives from outpost.com and they claimed no one was home on a Saturday and left a notice.... I watched the truck drive away as I finally got to the door :rolleyes:
And they weren't even going to attempt to redeliver for me, had to go pick it up the next day
 
I hate DHL. They are absolutely the worst shipper out there. I would rather ship USPS any day of the week over DHL. DHL doesn't even qualify as being an "OK" shipper. Dell ships alot of my items via DHL and they are NEVER on time. Not one single time. They are always several days late. Sometimes even almost a week late. They dont get signature confirmation or anything even on expensive items. Half the time my packages get delivered USPS from DHL because their so retarded they dont even service my area. I'm about ready to blow up Dell's warehouse if they dont stop shipping my packages DHL. I've even called like a half a dozen times complaining and they still do it. FedEx or UPS are the only way to go for shipping carriers. USPS is great too if you want to use Priority mail on items that dont weigh alot.
 
youve gotta see the dhl drivers in chicago.
they're ghetto as fuck and once adressed me "whats good my N**gga"
:rolleyes:

i didnt mind it but cmon now
 
Spectre said:
As much as you guys hate DHL......DHL>UPS

Not in a million years. UPS always delivers my packages on time and i have never had a single issue with them. I get packages from UPS all the time and they are usually even earlier then expected. I would pay twice as much to get a package shipped via UPS over DHL. Your better off just walking up to a total stranger and giving them $20 and asking them nicely if they wont deliver the package for you instead of using DHL.
 
burningrave101 said:
Not in a million years. UPS always delivers my packages on time and i have never had a single issue with them. I get packages from UPS all the time and they are usually even earlier then expected. I would pay twice as much to get a package shipped via UPS over DHL. Your better off just walking up to a total stranger and giving them $20 and asking them nicely if they wont deliver the package for you instead of using DHL.

Consider yourself lucky...... http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=926210&highlight=UPS this is just the most recent incident.
 
honkee said:
youve gotta see the dhl drivers in chicago.
they're ghetto as fuck and once adressed me "whats good my N**gga"
:rolleyes:

i didnt mind it but cmon now

Same here in Atlanta. The DHL fleet here looks like some kind of crack rehab work program.
 
honkee said:
youve gotta see the dhl drivers in chicago.
they're ghetto as fuck and once adressed me "whats good my N**gga"

This is especially funny, because your HardForum user name is 'honkee' ! :D :D :D
 
i would say UPS, FEDEX, or even USPS is thebest DHL doesn't have a lot of service stations so why waste your time
 
Well, DHL lost our corporate account last year. I flat out loved Airborne Express, but when DHL took over, service just dropped flat. We only shipped a few hundred packages a week, and a few expidited ltl here and there, but it was just rediculous.

Doug at least you can feel secure knowing you have a future w/competition like that. :p

 
I don't want to turn this into a SoapBox issue, but DHL's relationship with DeutschePost, their subcontracting practices, and acquisition blitz have made them an absolute joke of a shipping company. I have no problem with FedEx, as they compete fairly with good service and pricing, but DHL chooses not too. Therefore, I choose not to use their service, even if they are cheaper than UPS/FedEx.
 
Spectre said:
Consider yourself lucky...... http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=926210&highlight=UPS this is just the most recent incident.

Those are isolated incidents that you can experience with any carrier. DHL is an every time, every shipment, incident for me. I just ordered something else from Dell and it shipped on August 31st and guess what the estimated delivery date is? September 8th and its not likely going to even arrive on that date. It will probably be here Friday or next week going off when they've delivered my last half a dozen packages. They shipped my BFG 7800GTX via USPS because they were too lazy to come out and deliver it themselves and it was hanging from the fricking mailbox in a bag and no signature confirmation!!!
 
I've had 2 experiences w/ DHL and they were good but maybe it's just me.

1) Ordered a Seagate 300GB sata HD from outpost. It arrived on time with nothing wrong. Box was fine, good thing my mom was home to pick up the package. I think they rang the door bell seeing as how my mom works from home and her desk is right in front of the window and she sees everything in-and-out of the house.

2) Ordered a wireless usb adapter from Dell and it arrived ontime and it went about the same as #1

Maybe it's just me that gets lucky :confused: or maybe it's just bigger packages. *shrugs* After hearing about this I don't think I'll eve wanna use DHL or have someone ship with DHL.
 
burningrave101 said:
They shipped my BFG 7800GTX via USPS because they were too lazy to come out and deliver it themselves and it was hanging from the fricking mailbox in a bag and no signature confirmation!!!

You know what I would have done...

"Where's my 7800GTX?"

:)
 
TeeJayHoward said:
You know what I would have done...

"Where's my 7800GTX?"

:)

hell yeah, fuck the morals when your talking about a expensive video card.
but oh well, ya snooze ya lose.
 
I recently shipped twice with DHL and have very surprised at the speed of the delivery. I have sent ground packages both times and they arrived next day to there destination. can't see why anyone would not ship DHL they are cheaper than anyone and ship the fastest out there.
 
computerdude said:
I recently shipped twice with DHL and have very surprised at the speed of the delivery. I have sent ground packages both times and they arrived next day to there destination. can't see why anyone would not ship DHL they are cheaper than anyone and ship the fastest out there.
Well, I wouldn't ship DHL if I cared about my seller reputation, the contents of my package, the recipient, or any combination of the above :rolleyes:
Cheaper != Better
 
I've had nothing but fast shipments with good results from DHL... only one problem ever with Fed Ex, USPS is a little more expensive but excellent.
UPS?
Three times. Three problems.
The most recent has made me decide never to use them again.
Why? Hmm....
http://www.conradkids.com/UPSfun.JPG

Oh yeah. That was fun. Original ETA? September 1. Actual pickup date? September 7.

Worst. Experience. Ever.
 
UPS, or USPS, all the way. I never see a DHL truck around here so they're not even on the radar. Fedex? Our residential driver here is a nice petite older lady, and I am amazed at how such a little lady can whip a big truck into my driveway, get to my door, ring the bell, run back to the truck and drive off before I can answer the door, faster than it took to type or even read this. I would have to be standing at the door with it open, pen in hand, to catch her with a delivery. They could just save me half of the shipping charge and leave it at the station, I always have to go there anyway to pick it up.

USPS always brings the package up to the door and waits after they ring, if it won't fit into the mailbox. (My mailbox it made of cast iron pipe, 10"dia, because the local punk kids like to bash them. It's punk-proof) :D

UPS always brings the packages up to the door, very courteous driver, rings and waits, and if I don't answer he leaves it by my front door.

Zipzoomfly offers free 2 day shipping on many items, but I always pay extra to get it shipped UPS, I know I'll get it shipped and delivered right. Fedex seems to forget that delivery is part of shipping- 'Oh well, we got it to your city.'
 
I really have no problem with UPS, but they seem to take longer getting things to me. FedEx always gets me stuff fast, and a lot of times before the est. delivery date...just in my experience, though! :)
 
I also can't stand DHL
I work for USPS as a carrier.
If I want cheap shipping I do Ups ground, If I want it fast I do Fedex, and If its something small I do USPS priority. The DHL guys are underpaid, or at least they sure look like they are underpaid lol. We Get shipments from DHL 2-3 times a week, with each shipment being like 4-6 shrinkwrapped pallets.

Oh if you wanna ever send something of high value, use USPS registered mail. I think its the most secure methoed available anywhere. Its not real fast, but every time the packaged chages hands at the post office, it gets checked and signed for.
 
Konrad said:
I've had nothing but fast shipments with good results from DHL... only one problem ever with Fed Ex, USPS is a little more expensive but excellent.
UPS?
Three times. Three problems.
The most recent has made me decide never to use them again.
Why? Hmm....
http://www.conradkids.com/UPSfun.JPG

Oh yeah. That was fun. Original ETA? September 1. Actual pickup date? September 7.

Worst. Experience. Ever.
For whatever reason, I have a package out at the moment that went thru the same crap. Hopefully it will go thru the once and that's it.

I am shying away from UPS from now on. I shipped a package out UPS simply because I had a box from UPS handy and the UPS store is fairly close. Well, I checked online to see how much shipping would be. ~$7, not bad. So I packed up and headed to the store. When I got there, I was wuote $10.45 to ship the package :mad: This was the original $7 plus a gas surcharge and rural surcharge. What crap.

This all comes after I thought I would give UPS a chance from Newegg. Newegg has recently started using UPS so I gave it a try for one reason: UPS drive will leave my package with my apt manager if I am out. Anyways, it took almost a week to get my package, when, most of you know, Newegg ships very fast (see: FedEX) and usually 2 days, which I thought I was getting when I checked "UPS 3day" or whatever. My package booked ass from CA to KY, but sat in KY, less than an hour away, for 3 days. WTF? I don't know about anyone else, but I have a USPS branch that has a 24 hour lobby and an automated teller type deal where I can send out anything, print labels, postage, ins, dc, etc, and they have a drop box for packages, etc. No sense in going with anyone but USPS right now.

/rant.
 
I get that same thing with UPS...my package will just sit at the location till the estimated delivery date. It's like they don't want to overachieve.
 
Phelptwan said:
Meh I stopped shipping DHL when they decided it was all right to hurl packages from their vans into my garage. Plus an incident when a package spent a day out for delivery on the other side of the country.

I stopped shipping with UPS ever since they've chucked packages at my front door. I'm sitting in the living room, the front door seconds away. I hear the door bell, I get up, then hear a "WAM!" When I open the door, the delivery guy is across the street climbing back into his truck and a package was lying on my doorstep.

I wonder why he decided to walk away, then throw the package. Maybe he forgot he had it in his hands.
 
DHL sucks in my area. They always leave my package out on my driveway. What is up with that? It's like they want my packages to be stolen. Last package that was shipped via DHL was my 7800gt from Dell. I was lucky that I was at home that day.
 
MetalX said:
Same here in Atlanta. The DHL fleet here looks like some kind of crack rehab work program.

DHL in Southern Cali when i ordered stuff from Frys (this was like at 10 in the morning when the woke my ass up)

"What up holmes, i got a package for you essey, sign here"

me living in a totally mexican neighborhood, im used to it, but it was really funny cause i had drool all over, hair all messed up.
 
My experiences with DHL have been either standard or beyond exceptional. But that is it, because i've only dealt with them twice. Standard - an amp purchased on ebay delivered DHL, arrived on time, nothing unusual. Exceptional - Apple issued me a DHL sticker for DHL so i could RMA my boss's ipod. At around 11:00am I entered the number in their website for pickup before 5:00pm, and within FIVE MINUTES, a driver came by for this one package. This was in rockford, btw.

Despite that, I always use USPS, and have not once had a problem with them. Very predictable delivery time, and if anyone fucks with the package / steals etc, unlike ups or others, its a federal offense ;) (tampering with the US mail)
 
I've never used DHL


I do have a comment for UPS tho.


IT SUCKS.


Last package I recieved from them had a fucking footprint in the middle of the box, and was crushed. We're not talking about a light, accidentally putting a foot on the package them stepping off when realizing.


We're talking about the box was crushed down flat to the floor, like some jackass jumped up and down on it.


And the packages before that were even worse, The only thing I ever recieved undamaged was, suprisingly, a case of bawls from ThinkGeek. I was shocked and awed at the fact that it was not a single bottle broken, but the package that arrived with the case was beat to hell.



And the other day, The UPS guy was down the street, and a big box with DELL written across the side was literally tossed out of the back of the guys truck, onto the fucking road!


If that was my dell, whatever it was, I would have been out there like ugly on an ape and beaten the shit out of a motherfucker.
 
UPS used to be good to me, but recently they have been killing me. I shipped a package to a Hardforum member and UPS freaking lost it. Now I'm probably going to have to refund the money and wait while UPS decides what happened to the box they lost. Good think it was only a $30 package.
 
DHL from Cal to Ct 18DAYS!! They lost it in the warehouse ,and then it gets delivered to the local post office NEVER AGAIN I think they were the problem that the vendor got such crappy reviews over at resellers. UPS Fed-X and USPS have all been great here, with Fed-X always showing up early, usually 48 hours from Newegg. BD51
 
I rarely use DHL (used Airborne alot) but the times I have the packages have arrived quickly and without incident, just like FedEx.

On the other hand I have never recieved a UPS package that wasn't beat up (bent corners, scrapes, etc.) and of course they always damage 1-2 items out of every ten (set of speakers and a computer case are the most recent victims.)

However the absolute worse is USPS they are pretty much an even bet if I will even get the package/letter and if I do it is usually 3-5 days late, worst part is there isn't anything you can do. I've talked to my postmaster a number of times about it and nothing has happened, in the 6yrs I've lived here, they just don't care that 50% of my packages are going "missing".
 
Just found out USPS lost another package, half.com'er was accusing me of never sending the package after leaving me neutral feedback but never contacting me to let me know it hadn't been delivered :mad:

The package just "disappeared" a week after I sent it:
usps.jpg
 
DHL suck around my area too. I was takin care of a friend's house while they were on vacation, and I go to his house one day and i find a long cardboard box compeltely ripped in half with flourescent tubes inside. 3 out of the 4 were broken. Looks like they chucked them onto the brick stairs. When I told my friend he said that he specifically told them to put it on hold till he got back.

UPS is just great though! I missed their delivery at my house at 3PM and 5PM, and they came around again at 9:30PM! Talk about service! They're friendly and wait at the door too. Our local UPS guy knows us by name... wow...

Fed-Ex is pretty good too. No probs there. Although they are pricier.
 
Just a quick opinion on zipzoomfly. I ordered from them for the first time over the weekend (saturday) and picked up a sata HD. I understand they dont ship on weekends but today is thursday and still dont have it (offer 2 day free shipping on most of their stuff)...supposedly its coming in tomorrow cause they didnt actually send it out till wednesday, but they didnt mind taking my money on saturday! Yeah free 2 day shipping...more like free wait 5 days shipping. I would have been better off paying for 3 day.
 
Back
Top