Playstation VR2 discussion thread

Saw a headset and controllers on local Facebook, they were dirty and I guess that's why no one bought at $300 (it was listed for a while) so the guy went down to $200...

I don't own a PS5. I don't even know anyone locally that has one. I thought (wrongly) that iVRy had a PSVR2 driver for Steam out because they have a placeholder for it and I didn't click before I spent money. So I'm kind of an idiot.

Now I'm not sure if it's worth keeping. Yes, he's working on the driver and it sounds like it will be released any time now... But it also might be 6+ months away and require other hardware. So far he doesn't have the controllers working at all, so I'd probably end up getting Valve Knuckles or something, and at that point should I just get a full Index setup? On top of that I may need a converter and some other stuff, and if I'm spending 3-4x what I spent on the headset on supporting hardware, is it such a great deal?

I don't know. HDR capable OLED screens and the best "inside out" tracking currently available, for $200 still sounds great. In theory.

Guess I'll hold on to it for a while, and hope.

Looks like Sony is bringing official support to PC from this small blurb on their recent blog post.

https://blog.playstation.com/2024/0...-the-wizards-dark-times-brotherhood-and-more/

1708614366184.png

I'm definitely down for PC support. The PSVR2 only needs one USB-C to connect and the hand remotes are Bluetooth, so it should be super easy to hook up to your PC as well.

Looks like Sony is bringing official support to PC from this small blurb on their recent blog post.

https://blog.playstation.com/2024/0...-the-wizards-dark-times-brotherhood-and-more/

View attachment 636945

That's sort of strange, ambiguous wording. Hopefully you can just plug the headset into a PC and it uses OpenXR so you can play unrestricted, through Steam or whatever. It would be pretty disappointing if they restricted it and made you buy all the PC games through a Playstation store or something.

That's sort of strange, ambiguous wording. Hopefully you can just plug the headset into a PC and it uses OpenXR so you can play unrestricted, through Steam or whatever. It would be pretty disappointing if they restricted it and made you buy all the PC games through a Playstation store or something.
May work through SteamVR given they're releasing all their first-party games on Steam.

If they don't, not that big a deal, assuming you're running a recent AMD card or Linux. The same guy that wrote the iVRy driver for the original PSVR is releasing a PSRV2 version soon. GeForce Windows drivers don't support the needed video mode. Also have to have an onboard USB- C(like on the card itself) or an adapter that's being discontinued... So on second thought, maybe for the best. Hate that he's done all this work and will barely benefit, though.

Back