Playstation VR Thread.

Can anyone comment to someone that hasn't ever used VR before, about how far the screen is simulated in front of your
Depends on the app but most are adjustable. For example quest 2's skybox app makes the headset infinitely better as almost everything is adjustable

I got a note from Sony telling me that my card would be charged and package shipped "soon" over the weekend. No clue what that means, but it's nice that this thing is finally almost here.

I got a note from Sony telling me that my card would be charged and package shipped "soon" over the weekend. No clue what that means, but it's nice that this thing is finally almost here.

Same.

Hopefully they don't send these things via FedEx. If they do, they'll probably sit in a warehouse for a week and the driver will ninja knock and refuse to leave it on my porch.

I don’t need games in VR where things are jumping out at me. Just saying.

PS-VR2-Launch-Lineup.jpg

I haven't gotten any email alerts yet, but my order is now "preparing to ship" and it looks like they charged my card this morning. With some luck, maybe we'll get these things early. I don't recall being able to choose shipping, so who knows, though.

EDIT: I just noticed that these will require a signature for delivery. I think that's a total pain in the ass considering literally anyone can still sign for your stuff. That and I only ever seem to get deliveries at like 7:30PM on a Friday.

Last edited:
I haven't gotten any email alerts yet, but my order is now "preparing to ship" and it looks like they charged my card this morning. With some luck, maybe we'll get these things early. I don't recall being able to choose shipping, so who knows, though.
Someone on twitter said they were shipping friday, and i guess they show up when they show up. Can't expect anything consistent from Sony.

I spaced the need to plug in the controllers, so I went ahead and put in an order for the charging station, too. I figure a bin from IKEA should take care of storing the rest.

I'm kinda curious about how the audio is going to work. I know a lot of people used headphones exclusively with the original headset, but surround sound speakers worked fine. You had to crank them up an additional 25-30% higher than normal, but the immersion was terrific.

I spaced the need to plug in the controllers, so I went ahead and put in an order for the charging station, too. I figure a bin from IKEA should take care of storing the rest.

I'm kinda curious about how the audio is going to work. I know a lot of people used headphones exclusively with the original headset, but surround sound speakers worked fine. You had to crank them up an additional 25-30% higher than normal, but the immersion was terrific.

Are you actually using regular speakers while in VR? The positional audio would be wrong if you're not facing forward.

Are you actually using regular speakers while in VR? The positional audio would be wrong if you're not facing forward.

Yup, normal 7.1 setup. I don't have (or at least didn't have) anything where you're facing the wrong direction for any length of time and the audio seemed to follow where you were looking just like headphones.

Yup, normal 7.1 setup. I don't have (or at least didn't have) anything where you're facing the wrong direction for any length of time and the audio seemed to follow where you were looking just like headphones.

I guess I can understand that for PSVR1. PSVR1's limited tracking basically requires you to face forward to do anything. So all the games were designed in that way.

It will probably be something you don't want to do with PSVR2 though. With it's inside out tracking you'll be able to spin around any direction and walk around a bit more. Games are going to take advantage of that. So if you're looking way from the TV the audio from speakers will be backwards. They could track where your TV is and correct for that, but I doubt they're doing that. If they did that then anyone watching you play on the TV's audio would be wrong.

Welp, mine shipped (or at least they created a shipping label) last night. They're using UPS, too! ...but it's scheduled to arrive on Wednesday, so it's not like we're getting 'em early. Either way, I'd say that's still good news. Better than FedEx and the 28th, which was their worst-case delivery date.

"Best glasses friendly vr headset design that i've seen"

Hopefully true, glasses prevented me from buying the OG psvr.

I just bought Sidewinder in the Playstation Store only to discover that it doesn't release until 3/15. So much for it being a launch day title. Hopefully that's some kind of placeholder. :banghead:

I don’t know what I’ll play after Call of the Mountain and RE8… I wish info was more concrete on what older PSVR titles will be compatible but every list I’ve seen is different.

Still unsure of the Star Wars one, I hate to cringe and I feel like I’m gonna cringe.

Yeah, am tossing around buying the Star Wars game. It looks goofy as hell, but my wife is a fan of the franchise and it seems like it could be fun.

I played Galaxy's Edge on the Quest 2 and had a great time. One of my favorites even, not the best combat, but just a lot of fun.

Mine is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. The only problem is I have to sign for delivery and I hope I’m not too busy furiously jacking off to hear the doorbell

Mine is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. The only problem is I have to sign for delivery and I hope I’m not too busy furiously jacking off to hear the doorbell
Signature required means drop at my door here. They just ignore it. My PS5 didn't even have a box around it on launch day, glad i was working from home.

Still baffles me, even going back to the ps4 launch, why porch pirates don't come out en masse for big launch days. Talked to the driver back then and he said his van was literally nothing but the same size amazon boxes, like yea, probably all overnight ps4's.

Mine is in tomorrow. Mostly going to get it setup and go right into GT7 and probably no mans sky. I'll wait to see what rises to the top on current new releases, nothing really jumping at me.

Mine is in tomorrow. Mostly going to get it setup and go right into GT7 and probably no mans sky. I'll wait to see what rises to the top on current new releases, nothing really jumping at me.
But I thought both games won’t be VR ready until March :’(

I think all the pre-orders are arriving today. I have one friend in bumblefuck and another 15 minutes from the main shipping location in FL, and everyone's scheduled to get 'em today.

I mainly just wanted to play Switchback, but I'll probably buy Galaxy's Edge in the meantime. I'm a little annoyed that their definition of games available "at launch" was a month-long window instead of the assumed "today."

Mine only says "delivery before 7PM." My two buddies already got theirs this morning - signature be damned for both of 'em too.

Got mine, set it up and played a few minutes of Horizon. As goofy as it feels to stand still and do the gestures for movement, if I use the sticks, I get motion sickness, so I’m gonna be one goofy mofo to get through it.

Aaand, mine is jacked up. Crazy i still give sony money lol.

Gonna go drink some beer, no idea how to progress in horizon, maybe someone will figure it out by the time i get back.

Last edited:
Played a bunch of GT7 today, blown away at the detail/fidelity. It feels very natural with a wheel/pedal setup. Also upgrade Thumper to Ps5 for 4.99, always fun time killer. Played a bit of No Mans Sky, gotta get used to the controls in VR, but definitely looks and plays great.

I guess I can understand that for PSVR1. PSVR1's limited tracking basically requires you to face forward to do anything. So all the games were designed in that way.

It will probably be something you don't want to do with PSVR2 though. With it's inside out tracking you'll be able to spin around any direction and walk around a bit more. Games are going to take advantage of that. So if you're looking way from the TV the audio from speakers will be backwards. They could track where your TV is and correct for that, but I doubt they're doing that. If they did that then anyone watching you play on the TV's audio would be wrong.

The spatial audio with head tracking works regardless of your audio setup; with headphone or surround speakers. Yes, it's disorienting to spectators watching the TV, but obviously the VR player takes priority over them for audio. There's no disadvantage to the VR user to use speakers over headphones from the spatial audio perspective.

I'll prolly be picking this up the first time I see it on store shelves around me. Reviews seem very positive across the board. I have the original PSVR, which I think was great for its time, but the breakout box hassle really made it a PITA to play the damn thing, esp with a PS5 and the breakout box doesn't pass through HDMI 2.1. I really wish they could somehow port all existing PSVR titles over, or at least the better ones like RE7 and Astrobot. The only existing games I'm really interested in for PSVR2 is Horizon, GT7, and RE8. I feel like GT7 VR will force me to get a wheel and pedals just for it though, hah.

The delivery people have no time to wait for signatures. They don't want to be out there still driving at 8pm. Also every package not delivered is another they have to do the next day.
Drivers can sign in your absence if you’re not home and you don’t live in an area that is designated as at risk to leave packages without signature, though I don’t believe that’s the official policy of any courier.

That’s at least how it was when I delivered. Nobody told me until a drawn out hassle with a wine delivery, though.

Driver signed and delivered mine. I arrived home 1 minute after he delivered it.

The spatial audio with head tracking works regardless of your audio setup; with headphone or surround speakers. Yes, it's disorienting to spectators watching the TV, but obviously the VR player takes priority over them for audio. There's no disadvantage to the VR user to use speakers over headphones from the spatial audio perspective.
Uh no. Only a handful of games "support" speakers in VR (Elite Dangerous for example), and still that's only good if you're just sitting, facing in always the same direction (driving/flight sims and the likes).

If you're going to be moving your body around and turning your head freely you will get a completely wrong audio image with speakers. Because both your ears (IRL) and the sound effects will be moving around at the same time (as the game will move sounds accross the speakers relative to your head's position within the game).

For sitting games you can "attach" the sounds to the speakers (that's what Elite Dangerous does, to be precise: it links audio positionning with your in-game vehicle rather than your character's head) so then that works alright(ish), especially if you have a lot of speakers and are far from them. But that's the exception not the norm.

Last edited:
Back