Player unknown Battlegrounds

These cheaters are seriously pissing me off lately.

There do seem to be a lot more of them out lately. Would rather some tick rate improvements and the cheater issue being addressed before 1.0 and consoles but whatever.

My first post :)
I was just thinking of getting the game and I'm already discouraged by reading some of the comments above regarding cheaters. How long does an average game last?

My first post :)
I was just thinking of getting the game and I'm already discouraged by reading some of the comments above regarding cheaters. How long does an average game last?

The game duration really depends on your skill and where you jump into. You could jump into a hot area and die within 10 seconds, or an end game situation is about 25-30 minutes in.

Ya I'm definitely hooked on battle royal. Getting chicken dinners is one of the most satisfying things in gaming IMO.

This is one of the most aggravating things about this game, the RNG bull-crap. I have a level 3 helmet on and a level 2 vest, get the jump on this guy, he hits me with his first M416 round (chest) right as my 5th round hits him as he sprays wildly over my right shoulder, his second round (chest) kills me before my 6th and final kill round lands. You can see me start to fall backwards after the second round blood splatter, as if I was wearing zero armor. In real time I only registered 2 hits killing me with my health bar going from full to zero near instantly. :rolleyes:
Pretty east to spot at 1/4 speed.

This RNG/hit detection is going to hold back this game competitively big-time.

Last edited:
The absolute shit hit detection and 17 tick rate servers have pushed me away from this game. It is addictive but getting killed by a pistol when I'm blasting someone with an AK in the face is just too much.

Ya that is how I would describe it. Addictive but extremely frustrating. Once a BR game comes along with real netcode PUBG is dust.
I never have lag or hit reg issues in fortnite. I suck at the game though.

Hmmm I never really run into any hit reg issues in this game. Except for the early game lag when you first land.

I know this has probably been asked and answered, but has the game performance improved in the past few months? I bought back in early summer only to realize it was an unoptimized mess. Quickly uninstalled it but was thinking of reinstalling since v1.0 is about to launch.

Well the rumor is Valve is making a CS:GO Battle Royale mode. With that great netcode.....I think it might put PUBG in the dust.

Not a huge fan anymore of CS:GO, but one thing I will say is that netcode is one of the best out there.

Well the rumor is Valve is making a CS:GO Battle Royale mode. With that great netcode.....I think it might put PUBG in the dust.

Not a huge fan anymore of CS:GO, but one thing I will say is that netcode is one of the best out there.

WTFFFFFFFFFFF!? If that happens, OMG...first time im hearing this, that is nuts!

I am intrigued by CS:GO's netcode is not really great compared to older iterations. The other issue is their maps are easier to slice up for optimizations vs a large open map. Will be interesting to see how it pans out if they do it.

I like PUBG a lot, but yes the tick rate is the most aggravating thing. Hit reg is not bad but it can look crappy when the server is lagging. Cheaters are bad on N/A servers (for me) and less of an issue on others. Could just be the time of day I play. I dont think the game will be dust because they have a nice head start. If someone can release a version with solid net code and a stable server then they will either get on board or fade away.

They have made a lot of improvements with each patch (over all) but they are so worried about release and the console version the last few have not been as "good".

The shooting performance just kills the game for me. After playing on a 60hz bf1 server.....yeah. BF1 isn't perfect but it is a HELL of a lot more responsive and accurate.

I love the game type. Just wish they would have put everything into making this game work better instead of going full console. It works GREAT on console I hear. lol

It works GREAT on console I hear. lol
My buddy picked it up for Xbox. He's not a gamer by any means,so I told him to pick it up on Xbox and I'll buy it too so we could play. Fuck, what a mistake. I apologized and told him he would have been better off getting COD, lol.

The shooting performance just kills the game for me. After playing on a 60hz bf1 server.....yeah. BF1 isn't perfect but it is a HELL of a lot more responsive and accurate.

I love the game type. Just wish they would have put everything into making this game work better instead of going full console. It works GREAT on console I hear. lol
you're being sarcastic right? cause its a disaster on console. from the review I watched its current state is worse than the pc early access release.

also, this 12/20 1.0 release is bullshit. its only releasing today for like 1 time zone, PST. and 11pm at that. everywhere else its a 12/21 release. blueballs is mentally challenged. they should have started the update process last night so it could have released for most places today.

LOL, knew people would be storming to try the PC 1.0 release that literally just went live!

Won't connect to servers so i could try it out lol. GG. Guess ill be watiing till tomorrow to try out the new optimizations and new nvidia drivers for PUBG!

LOL, knew people would be storming to try the PC 1.0 release that literally just went live!

Won't connect to servers so i could try it out lol. GG. Guess ill be watiing till tomorrow to try out the new optimizations and new nvidia drivers for PUBG!
it got delayed by an hour. thinking about it now I should have left the old nvidia driver installed, then tried out 1.0. then updated later on, just to see if the driver makes a difference. pretty interesting claims made by nvidia with this driver. on high settings they say a 1060 wont go below 60 fps at 1080p. maybe i can turn my settings up and still get around 100 fps, cause on low this game looks like ass.

jesus the patch is 12GB.. bleh, at least it's 1 am so i'll get 250mbit down since my neighbor who is the only other person in this node turns her computer off at night. :) i'll try out old drivers to new drivers gabe3 and see what the difference is using an overclocked GTX 1050ti @ 1080p.

well i just did a full match with my 1050ti @ 1823/3765 @ 1080p with everything set to high except shadows at low(because there's no point setting it any higher than that) gpu stayed pegged at 100% except a few times where it exceeded my 4GB of video memory.. it stayed between 64-67fps using the 188.13 drivers.. so if you're not doing 60fps all high with a 1060 then you have other issues so nvidia's performance claim is pretty pointless. don't know if i'll bother updating my drivers now since i really have no reason to if i'm already getting 60+fps

Last edited:
12gb update? Uh. That better be the new map. I think that is bigger than the original game? Lol

I need a bigger SSD.

12gb update? Uh. That better be the new map. I think that is bigger than the original game? Lol

I need a bigger SSD.

it's basically an entirely new game, it deleted the original one and replaced it with this one. install folders only slightly larger than the beta version at 13.9GB.

They removed fog and rain weather? What stupidity. Now every game will be the same, ya that won't get old. :eek:

The BIG question is....have they improved the netcode? Higher than 17 tick rate??? If not then nothing else matters and it will still be the same shitty game.

They removed fog and rain weather? What stupidity. Now every game will be the same, ya that won't get old. :eek:

maybe they'll add sandstorms or something later. basically give people time to learn the map then add weather effects again later.

Fortnite is just as shitty, however the smoothness of the graphics engine makes it "feel" more accurate. They are both awful games in terms of hit reg and netcode.

agree both feel terrible.. it's definitely fixable with some tweaking and not being so conservative the anti-lag. another fun one is if you try playing on the EU server with a ping over 150ms the game will lag spike every time some one comes within a certain range of you.. pretty stupid unintended "feature". i'm sure it's the same for EU/AU players on the NA server.

Last edited:
you're being sarcastic right? cause its a disaster on console. from the review I watched its current state is worse than the pc early access release.

also, this 12/20 1.0 release is bullshit. its only releasing today for like 1 time zone, PST. and 11pm at that. everywhere else its a 12/21 release. blueballs is mentally challenged. they should have started the update process last night so it could have released for most places today.
Jesus Christ, yes it was sarcasm.

it's basically an entirely new game, it deleted the original one and replaced it with this one. install folders only slightly larger than the beta version at 13.9GB.
thanks for the info. I was going to reinstall the game if I still got crashes after the update, but I guess theres no point if thats what it actually did.

Fortnite is just as shitty, however the smoothness of the graphics engine makes it "feel" more accurate. They are both awful games in terms of hit reg and netcode.

have you played fortnite in the past few weeks? cause I never get lag or bad hit reg. I just got my first win last night. the devs are testing the game without bloom and planning to test it publicly early 2018 which means bullets won't be going random directions anymore if they go through with it.

Last edited:
Wow the game ran so much better for me. No more Desyncs, I felt the game ran better overall. Also loading seemed way better as well. Movement felt way smoother for me, I am very impressed I really did not expect version 1.0 to fix much....And boy was I wrong.

LOVING the new map......

But I agree with Vega why the fuck did they remove Rain and Fog.....I loved playing with them....O well, I will say I do plan to get a Gsync monitor now. I get 120+ FPS easilyy now, and I dont drop frames in cities anymore...I hate to say it, but good job Bluehole....You guys shocked me.

Wow the game ran so much better for me. No more Desyncs, I felt the game ran better overall. Also loading seemed way better as well. Movement felt way smoother for me, I am very impressed I really did not expect version 1.0 to fix much....And boy was I wrong.

LOVING the new map......

But I agree with Vega why the fuck did they remove Rain and Fog.....I loved playing with them....O well, I will say I do plan to get a Gsync monitor now. I get 120+ FPS easilyy now, and I dont drop frames in cities anymore...I hate to say it, but good job Bluehole....You guys shocked me.
sweet, I dont have to leave rain and fog maps now. I liked the way fog looked, I just wish they toned it down.

lol anyway thats good to hear.

I havent been able to play yet since the update but I thought they were saying you are able to choose your conditions now or something along those lines.

Wow, not sure what they did to the mini-14 but it sure doesn't play like it used to. Had to totally re-learn how to fire it while killing someone. Bullets seem a lot slower.

My brother bought me this game today and I just played a few rounds.
Got 9th place in the 3rd game and didn't see any players, lol.

Back