Planetside 2 beta keys

Harkov

n00b
Thought some people might be interested,

April edition on PC Gamer includes a planetside 2 beta key inside. Been waiting for this game for a while.

I'm tempted to grab one even though I was a longtime PS1 player years ago and have a Station account going back over a decade.... hopefully, I'll be awarded a key regardless though, because they have been promising that former PS1 players will be given swift access.

My plan is to pick up a few and make multiple accounts to increase my chances. My main account that had a PS sub for years got registered for beta within the first few minutes of it being up. I think a developer said the sooner you registered the quicker you get in (not 100% sure on this).

I'd love to try the beta out. If anyone has a spare to give away i'd be eternally greatful.

Guys can you read the actual first post? This key comes in a magazinefor priority access. People cannot send you keys to get into the beta.

some people subscribe to PC Gamer and won't be interested in Planetside 2...

that said, if anyone falls in that boat, shoot me a pm please ;) :D

Woot! Got my issue tonight @ a B&N. Key redeemed!
There is an awesome 6 page writeup on the game as well.

Crap. I was going to pick up a copy if they were on the shelves just for the key. I have to listen to a buddy of mine go on and on about PS1 so I thought I would finally appease him and play this game.

Hopefully a winner.

DAMNIT, I hope I get a key! I jsut gave up SWTOR cold turkey, I need my MMO fix!

ps, I am an old school PS player, it was my first MMO after SWG....oh man I miss dropping the whole squad out of the Galaxy onto a base. Not since EVE have I seen battles of that size in a MMO.

If any of you guys has a spare key.....I'd be very thankful indeed. Can't buy PC Gamer here.

Thanks in advance!

I can't wait to play this game. My PC Gamer came in last week and now I'm set to beta.

Guys can you read the actual first post? This key comes in a magazinefor priority access. People cannot send you keys to get into the beta.

Actually you're wrong.

People that have that magazine that don't care about using the code can indeed pass it along.

If anyone who has the magazine and doesn't care about the code wouldn't mind: Please PM it to me. Thanks. :)

For what it's worth the developers have said that current and prior PS1 players get "priority" access as well, so if you've previously subbed PS in the past, convert your old SOE account and sign up for beta and you'll be at the front of the picking list anyway.

I don't see the beta being particuarly exclusive to be honest, because it's F2P it doesn't make sense to restrict beta access to a high degree, my guess is we'll all be in fairly quickly.

so... did anyone get a key and is playing in the beta? wondering how it is or if it's worth it... or if it's even possible to get the magazine still, dunno how I forgot about this

I don't know why people even bother to make beta threads anymore. It just because a pile of posts about people begging for keys. It's really annoying.

ok 3 worthless replies, I guess that's a no on "I'm playing beta and it's awesome"

sigh

Head to your local bookstore/newstand etc... and pick up a copy of PC Gamer's April edition, and you'll have a PS2 Beta key! Or you could head to ebay - there are people there selling the damn things for around $28 each... for a magazine that is currently in print and on store shelves available.

Head to your local bookstore/newstand etc... and pick up a copy of PC Gamer's April edition, and you'll have a PS2 Beta key! Or you could head to ebay - there are people there selling the damn things for around $28 each... for a magazine that is currently in print and on store shelves available.

actually I just went to a couple stores around here and the May edition is already on the shelf. They've since shipped back any remaining April issues... and it shows out of stock if you go try and buy it from pcgamer's website.

Going to attempt looking for a copy today. Time to look-up the closest bookstore to my work.

Going to attempt looking for a copy today. Time to look-up the closest bookstore to my work.

good luck dude, pick up two if you find one - I'll paypal you or something. kinda pissed at myself for forgetting about this for an entire month lol... I blame league of legends :p

I don't follow very many print periodicals these days, but I find it strange that the April issue would already be removed from store shelves and we've not even come to April yet. Sure, I would expect the May issue to be launched say, 2.5 weeks into April but this seems unusual to basically be a full two months ahead. Then again, aside from a subscription to the New Yorker that was gifted to me I don't follow magazine publication so maybe I'm all off. If it is really so rare, I too would contribute $5+ or so to reimburses for the cost of the magazine and the time taken to acquire it should anyone be so kind, but its pure insanity to be charging so much on Ebay...but who knows what shall sell, I suppose.

good luck dude, pick up two if you find one - I'll paypal you or something. kinda pissed at myself for forgetting about this for an entire month lol... I blame league of legends :p

I'll see what I can do. Still kinda wish I was working for this ad agency I was at. Mail guys used to hook me up with whatever gaming magazines they received. Free copies of PC Gamer every month, so nice.

I totally forgot about this and I've been looking all over town for one. If anyone has a spare key I'll gladly buy it for a decent price. I'm not going to pay some outrageous Ebay buy it now, but I'm willing to be fair. PM me if interested.

Well, crap. I forgot this was in April's issue. Just picked up May's on accident. This may be more difficult than I thought.

Well, crap. I forgot this was in April's issue. Just picked up May's on accident. This may be more difficult than I thought.

Call pcgamer, i can't imagine them not selling you a back issue since it was only last month's.

Call pcgamer, i can't imagine them not selling you a back issue since it was only last month's.

I didn't even think of that,:cool:
(I looked locally for a while but didn't find any)

So I went to the web site and followed the links to HERE

And it says out of stock...:(

Yes, but calling will usually yield better results. I may give it a try when I get home tonight.

can someone explain to me why they don't offer this on the digital magazines? I mean look at Coverleaf.

If people could buy this mag at just 1.99 a pop digitally, shouldn't they get everything the physical copy gets? and magazine/newspaper wonder why people are moving so much to digital.

Back